DOTA 2

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, last year they gave out pretty generous swag bags for free. It was loaded with pretty much everything they had in those Loot Boxes they were trying to sell this year for $85. I didn't really see any exclusives for sale though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Best thing in the swag bags are those badass water jugs. And the sunscreen.

Last year they were selling pretty nice DotA blankets for sitting out on the lawn for like $15. I picked one of those up.

Not sure I'm interested in anything this year except maybe the eathshaker glass and umm.. one other thing I can't remember.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TI 2017 Attendees
I am not going to ask for a sticky or anything, but I want to collect the names of people going to TI 2017, for those interested in a meet up. Provide the following and I will edit this post to keep it updated. If we get a list of people, we can trade text msg number over private message to start a group text:

FOH Board Name - Steam Dota Name - Tickets for Midweek/Finals/Both
1. Fight - EG.Sandor Clegane - Midweek
2. Intrinsic - Fookie Bookie - Wed thru Sun
3. Needless - Midweek/Finals
4. Dandain - Wed thru Sun

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll be there for midweek/finals but i'm pretty much just gonna get drunk during midweek stuff

There any gucci bars to hit up with good beer/deals? i havent been to seattle in a few years

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Midweek at the arena is far better for all the booths, swag bags, and secret shopping. Definitely don't just show up at the finals. The games are still high quality, but all the ancillary booths and such are far less lines in midweek. If its like last year, your two tickets will entitle you to a pair of swag bags that are big enough to be annoying to carry around all day, If you have a plan just snag your swag bags (both) one day, Grab the nalgene bottle if you're into free water in the arena and put the rest of the shit back at your hotel etc. I think the mega creep games in the last two ti's have been midweek days. Insane games to spectate live.

I'll be there wed-sun too.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the games are still hype and the arena is much more comfortable. Finals are awesome for sure, but like everything it just becomes a huge crowded mess.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh im definitely going for the midweek stuff but i wanna see the bracket schedule so i can go do some other things if theres some downtime with teams i dont really care for

Why are you guys skipping monday and tues btw? Midweeks start on the monday dont they?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So... I bought midweek tickets this year but won't be able to go (and they don't sell at all. Finals on the other hand...) I assume the whole Crimson Immortals thing from last year still exists. If anyone would be willing to try and double scan entry passes, I can send my passes to you (you can keep the swag bag(s)). If anybody is willing feel free to PM me.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am purposely going Midweek this year vs the Finals. Last year, I showed up Wednesday and stayed through Saturday. Mid-week is waaaaay better than the Finals weekend.

I will be there Monday thru Thursday.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Donger!!! PogChamp!!

Really based off our past experience, as fun as it is, Mon - Sun is just too long. For me, I mean. YMMV. Flying in Wed early and seeing everything just feels like the right amount.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol the retards im going with are hype for the donger. I wanna see sinneddonut tho, god damn that autistic half asian retard is my favorite

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been meaning to ask, does anyone else find the arcanas (I assume) that change the top portraits very confusing? I constantly confuse Jugg & PA and Jugg & Jakiro. Heck, that one Jugg arcana even looks like PA by model.

Casting team announced. Bulldong, Akke, Day9, and PPD are in.

Overall looks good; though disappointing they still feel they need non-dota hosts, only one annoying caster snuck in (cap) and two odd choices for analysts (Sheever & pyrion, there a few more obvious choices to analyze the matches).

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Pyrion is part of the old James/Bruno crew, even though he does nothing the whole year I think he has an invite for life. I am not exactly thrilled about CCnC, but whatever. I know Akke is a TI winner but I have honestly never heard him cast or stream or anything, atleast Bulldog has been a consistent personality for years, even after his pro career went down in Alliance-colored flames. Reddit is up in arms about KotlGuy, I can understand from a "puts in work perspective", but I swear he is almost as bad at stumbling over his words as Lumi (who says some of the dumbest shit imaginable). Happy to see Synd/Tobi back together again. I have never seen Day9 in anything ever but I have known of him for years and he apparently hosts everything (including E3) so it seems like a safe bet and keeps things fresh so we don't have the same host every year (even if I like Red).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I noticed under Russian cast, Resolution and Xboct will be there, but no Dendi. Tanya too (co-host from Kiev Major).

Sheever will also be part of English cast it looks like.