DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Liquid throws 2 games then decides to start taking Dreamleague seriously. Hopefully they won't tank at TI. Secret looked much shakier.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pyrion is part of the old James/Bruno crew, even though he does nothing the whole year I think he has an invite for life.

I guess, it made some sense when he was making content, but Slacks took that gig..... maybe they're doing a second desk like last year and its less about analyzing the games.

I am not exactly thrilled about CCnC, but whatever.

I feel like he was at BTS for some event? If its the person I vaguely remember he seemed alright, but pretty hazy....

I know Akke is a TI winner but I have honestly never heard him cast or stream or anything, atleast Bulldog has been a consistent personality for years, even after his pro career went down in Alliance-colored flames.

Akke has the rep of being pretty smart and always well spoken in interviews, to me the choice makes more sense than Bulldog whose public person is a clown ;)

Reddit is up in arms about KotlGuy, I can understand from a "puts in work perspective", but I swear he is almost as bad at stumbling over his words as Lumi (who says some of the dumbest shit imaginable).

kotlguy bugs me since despite being a native speaker, he apparently doesn't know the English language. It is amusing that despite moving to a system where players understand who is getting a TI invite that talent has nfc.

I have never seen Day9 in anything ever but I have known of him for years and he apparently hosts everything (including E3) so it seems like a safe bet and keeps things fresh so we don't have the same host every year (even if I like Red).

Steam dota2 a couple times with purge = 12k in the bank apparently... (iirc, James said something like 12k pay cheque in his post kick letter)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Day9 played more than a couple of times, he's actually 3k+ MMR now or something from what I've seen when shit pops up on reddit, which is like higher than 80% of the dota2 playerbase I think? He's also been talking about dota2 a lot in the various podcasts he's invited in and stuff and seem to really like it. I mean it's not like Machine or Redeye knew jackshit about dota when they hosted either, I'd say Day9 is actually probably more of a dota guy than they were. Plus there's been some time between the invites and the event and since he's a professional and used to hosting shit, I'm sure he's been working on it and not just gonna show up like what. And he's a nice guy.

CCnC sounds like a weird invite, the guy looked like NA dota in a nutshell everytime I've seen stuff about him, and it's not like he's a very known player or has won a bunch of stuff unlike most of the other former pros invited. Guess we'll see but I think if they were gonna invite random NA ppl, Grandgrant would have been a better pick. Not a big fan of the guy but at least he's pretty well known.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Someone said grandgrant?

No specific reason why I posted that. It's just the first thing I think of when I read his name.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
CCnC sounds like a weird invite, the guy looked like NA dota in a nutshell everytime I've seen stuff about him, and it's not like he's a very known player or has won a bunch of stuff unlike most of the other former pros invited. Guess we'll see but I think if they were gonna invite random NA ppl, Grandgrant would have been a better pick. Not a big fan of the guy but at least he's pretty well known.

Brax later retracted it, but on the Moonduck hub he mentioned that a prior to invites that CCnC was kicked from Freedom for "being annoying" haha

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I think CCnC is a whiney obnoxious little bitch during his stream but he's only like 18 years old. I've heard him do analysis before and I thought he did a good job.

fuck, Im 34 years old and relatively successful in life and I'm a cancerous raging faggot in dota. So much so in fact, that I'd never play with any of you just because I'm so much of a raging piece of shit.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Brand

Molten Core Raider
fuck, Im 34 years old and relatively successful in life and I'm a cancerous raging faggot in dota. So much so in fact, that I'd never play with any of you just because I'm so much of a raging piece of shit.

Add 10 years and that would fit me as well. The internet allows everyone's inner douchebag to leap to the front. I suspect that is why I love Dota (and hate it!).

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm amazed you guys would rather play solo and rage all game than party up and have some fun. Solo queue makes me want to kill myself half the time (prolly because I have to deal with ragers like you? Hahah).

Needless

Toe Sucker
I usually play with friends but it's really hard lately, one; the highest mmr player (mid 5k) always randoms, and is always drunk so it skews our game's chances lol

It's usually fun for a game or two, i can only handle so many loses in a row before i wanna do something else haha

Needless

Toe Sucker
Who did you guys pick this year for most picked hero? i was thinking rubick but back pedalled and went with earthshaker, he's been in like every game in the past few tournaments lol

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't play much anymore either, I get tilted so easily now. I used to be a super try-hard and win every game, now I get angry at the picking phase when retards insta-pick 3 cores and expect everyone else to play around them. I played jungle AM yesterday and we somehow still won.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Who did you guys pick this year for most picked hero? i was thinking rubick but back pedalled and went with earthshaker, he's been in like every game in the past few tournaments lol
SK or rubbick I think, CM will get banned too much, just like IO. Shaker is also a very versatile pick, just like clock, but the nerfs were kinda rough for him. Let's be honest, it's a crapshoot.

I did 2/3 quest paths every weekly etc. but right now I'm just burned out, since most of my games on unranked (because quests) seem to be with 4/5 stacks, which are honestly completely random.

Last edited:

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think CCnC is a whiney obnoxious little bitch during his stream but he's only like 18 years old. I've heard him do analysis before and I thought he did a good job.

I'm a similar age but I only ever flamed at people flaming me or teammates. I found switched to normal mode as I found it less cancerous until you get a 4-stack as your team :/

SK or rubbick I think, CM will get banned too much, just like IO. Shaker is also a very versatile pick, just like clock, but the nerfs were kinda rough for him. Let's be honest, it's a crapshoot.

Io isn't really played by many teams though, the only ones I can think of are Liquid, EG, and NP.

Guess this happened last week and since I don't follow social media...

Last edited: