DOTA 2

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They need to do something with Sumail. His decision making lately is poor. Either dump him, or figure out what's wrong with his brain.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brand

Molten Core Raider
They need to do something with Sumail. His decision making lately is poor. Either dump him, or figure out what's wrong with his brain.

He is mechanically gifted for sure, but seems so young...Bad decisions are the bread and butter of the young and cocky.

Needless

Toe Sucker
their announcement says sumail is offlane, that's... gonna be so strange

misery is also taking over the captain role, so i guess fear is probably safelane carry, arteezy mid

edit: site works now Evil Geniuses

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thinking it will be like TI4, Arteezy carry mid, Fear will be sacrificial safelane (like mason was) and Sumail as the offlaner. Sumail seems to play the more aggressive role of the the three, at TI he was saying he wanted to play 4 since they have the most active.

At summit Sumail was also complaining that the current mid heroes aren't fun to play (e.g. Medusa)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
At Summit everyone was saying everything is shit to play. Support is crap because all you're doing is denying, deaths don't matter, mid heroes are all boring. The game is in a weird place right now.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. it's kinda boring to watch tbh, as much as i hated playing during the TI7 meta, it was much more interesting to watch than the current meta lol

those morphling nerfs yesterday made me laugh though, fuck that hero

lmao, blitz isn't wrong:

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 11.43.11 AM.png

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm more amazed by the fact that Universe is the one leaving, I still think Cr1t is nowhere near the captain ppd is/was and Fear certainly won't be a better captain from a core position.

As far as the meta goes, it really is midlane above all else, except that now you can throw extra 2 heroes in there if need be. I think Liquid has been a bit of a trendsetter here, eventually every core player will have to be able to play his hero pool from mid/safe/offlane, because that's the direction the game is going, the matchups are that important, there's ever less time to catch up, 20-25 minutes is almost late game.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm more amazed by the fact that Universe is the one leaving, I still think Cr1t is nowhere near the captain ppd is/was and Fear certainly won't be a better captain from a core position.

From the liquidpedia page Fear was the captain, now Misery is the captain.

I'm not really sure its cr1t, as soon as they picked up Arteezy I said something along the lines of none of the 3 are space makers. From their games they'd generally do well in lanes but had an awkward mid-game where all 3 tried to farm.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I like how Sumail says that as if EG has won anything lately.

Going to have to definitely agree with PPD here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno, to my mind Universe hasn't been adapting to the meta. If you look at Sumail and Arteezy both have been played a wide variety of heroes (e.g. Venomancer safelane or Medusa mid) while they're still trying offlane Void, Clock, etc. Obviously we don't know how much of that is Universe and how much of that is drafting but it was sticking out to me for a while.

Really ppd is too close to the individuals to be impartial, and to be honest his results outside of EG make one question his judgement on players if you compare him to others like Puppey who has been able to create successful teams with widely different players.

Mao

Trakanon Raider

Optic Teasing their new 5th player with a 'Can you guess who?"

Say what you want about PPD, but he keeps the scene interesting and people tuning in.

Also, they don't actually say who it is :(

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Out of the blue its 33 (the coon) from Planet Dog / Hell Raisers / Kaipi. Can't see anyone having predicted that w/o insider knowledge.