DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So apparently aL, after the departure of CWM and SexyBamboe is going to get a new team. They're keeping MaNia and adding Merlini and Slahser+2more which aren't entirely set in stone(atm they're playing a scrim with Smullgullig and NeNo). All 3 of these played during the golden era of MYM and I think a lot of people will be happy that Merlini is going to play pro again. Don't know how far they'll go though but eh.

Also Na'Vi looking really weak lately. That was a poor game, in many aspects.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It is pretty fun but I wish they'd give you at least one good item for every hero, playing Lina without ANY mana item was gay as fuck. I did get Radiance though so fiery soul stacks+radiance was pretty fun.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is pretty fun but I wish they'd give you at least one good item for every hero, playing Lina without ANY mana item was gay as fuck. I did get Radiance though so fiery soul stacks+radiance was pretty fun.
Dude you gain full mana and health for swapping to and from greevil form.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dude you gain full mana and health for swapping to and from greevil form.
No you don't, you gain mana/health passively faster when you switch, you can see the values of your other form in the top left, but you don't gain full mana. My greevil is also very bad at staying in greevil form, since I have rot decrepify and laguna, no spammable spell really.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have no greevils, this is the first event I played in since I was away when Halloween was happening.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
what u have a naked greevil only? my black greevil with 3 unusuals rapes face
No I have a 3exort greevil, and it pretty much sucks most of the time. Naked might even be better, the issue is if I had anything besides Rot I'd be fine most likely. I might have a naked on my smurf though I gotta check. Might even be unhatched so maybe I can make something better.

Edit: Meh if you have unusual essences on it you get a ton more stats, that's pretty dumb. For example some guy has a 3unusual black greevil and he gets 30%crit, 300hp, 60movespeed, 60attackspeed, 30%block(guess stout block), 20%magic resist 20damage. That's an insane amount of stats to have at the start so basically you more or less shit on everyone if you spent time farming last event. Seems dumb to link the quality of your greevil to the passives they get.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whelp that event was fun, other team has 4 rare greevils, your team has none, gg you lose instantly.

Elerion

N00b
I only tried one game. Pretty gay that everyone who grinded/bought Greevils have a massive advantage over me, otherwise it seemed fun. More focus on team fights, less focus on awkward mechanics than Diretide.

Is there any difference between the winner chest and the loser chest?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well you can assume winner has better chance at loot, but you can get good shit from loser chest too, someone got a courier from it. I dislike how it can be very unbalanced depending on who has the good greevils and shit. It's somewhat less of an issue lategame IF you random good items on the right heroes, but early it sucks. I think out of all the advantages, 300more hp and 60more speed are the biggest. People with unusuals run at 420speed at lvl 1 and have 1120hp, while everyone else is 360speed and 680hp(or different stat if in hero but basically always worse). That's a huge difference even if they have completely shitty skills, and even worse if they have good combos.

Played Lina a few times more and was lucky to get arcane boots in 3 of these games and it makes a huge difference, Lina is really good in these cases cause you can ninja a lot of camps with laguna blade, which unlike the greevil one does very high dmg all the time pretty much, and the cool thing is Lina can use pretty much all items. Get support/caster stuff? Cool more spells spammed, more int, more support. Get carry stuff? Cool Fiery Soul gives 85attackspeed so you can actually autoattack really fucking hard. Out of mana, time to greevil. Without them though you literally are oom once you've cast your whole combo and to be honest Lina is a lot better than my Greevil regardless of the level. Only time my greevil is good is kinda lategame(like 11+) when I have a cookie that resets cds, cause I can decrep > laguna x2 and the dmg is pretty good at that point, but a single one usually doesn't do much as people just change form and I can't do anything about it.

Still overall I think it's a nice event, better than last one as it forces people into fighting 5vs5 all the time and is very short so that's fun. I just wish it wasn't so unbalanced, all the essences bonuses need to go and naked greevils need 3spells.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
http://kotaku.com/5969906/now-the-ba...ur-dota-2-game

One of the neat things about Dota 2 is that you can download "Announcer Packs" that change the voice of the in-game announcer to any of a number of other characters.

This one may take the cake-Supergiant games has contributed a Bastion Announcer Pack to the game. I haven't used it, but it sounds like for $9.99, you can now have your Dota 2 game announced by Bastion's narrator Rucks. Which is amazing.
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. He recorded something like 26 minutes of voice, and says different things for the same action (i.e., there are 5-10 just for "your ancient is under attack"). I loved, LOVED Bastion, so I bought it pretty much asap. I'm really digging it.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Maybe it's the 8 wins in a row talking, but I'm really enjoying The Greevling.

MaulNutz_sl

shitlord
Pro tip, pick Invoker
Had a game where the game was tied and everyone on my team is dead except me and the other team was auto attacking to victory. I last hit with the sunstrike to win the game, other team says "wat"
Necro is also good at getting the last hit with his ult