DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Those Rubick steals were pretty fucking brutal. He had fissure for like 10mins straight and god is fissure good when you don't have an awful castpoint like ES. Also funny to see 7mad go from shit to good to shit to good several times in a single game/series.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Those Rubick steals were pretty fucking brutal. He had fissure for like 10mins straight and god is fissure good when you don't have an awful castpoint like ES. Also funny to see 7mad go from shit to good to shit to good several times in a single game/series.
Jerax MVP. His ES games were insane, and then he plays Rubick and between the fissures and boat, he turned every team fight in game 5.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ha! Watching Liquipedia get updated live, and Topson now has net earnings over $2M. 7ckingMad, Jerax, and Notail still to be updated. 7ckingMad is currently at like $76k.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Was there even a single game of the 8 played between LGD/OG that OG was winning the laning stage? It seems like they either came back in the mid game or late game every time. It really made for tense games.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Was there even a single game of the 8 played between LGD/OG that OG was winning the laning stage? It seems like they either came back in the mid game or late game every time. It really made for tense games.

They had a lead in the Ceb Axe game, then lost the lead before winning it back

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I like that in the end, neither of the 3 big favorites won. They all did pretty alright still so they didn't just completely mess up, but both EG and OG came strong even though most people wouldn't have given them much of a chance(other than fanboys of each teams) due to low amount of time to train together, and OG especially recruiting some pubstar and having their former coach playing.

Was a pretty cool tournament though, solid dota all around, game is in a pretty good place competitively I think. Since the strategy seems to be a lot about drafting for both laning and lategame, there's a lot of variety in picks.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

They never drafted to win lanes or early game aside from the axe pick in game four. Their whole strategy revolved around mid to late game outscale while hard countering the lgd hard carry. Spectre and PL earning first rotation bans and the Zeus pick in game five.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I do feel bad for FY though. He won them game five until they went over aggro bot and then kept contesting the rosh. Man had 12 min boots and blink and was 4-0-7 on shaker.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
The entire OG storyline for this tournament is just ridiculous.

Was coming to post this. Outside of the game 2 stomp, that was one of the funnest series to watch to date. Game 4 was amazing.

OG said fuck the meta and did their thing.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Seems like OG has always done what works for them and sometimes it didn’t always pay off but holy shit this TI was one for the books

I would’ve said it regardless of being an OG fanboi or not, I’ve been watching professional DoTA since TI1 (and before I guess if you count the random LANs etc) and I’ve never seen such intensity and the level of play displayed this entire tournament by everyone who showed up to compete. The fact that it played out the way it did is just icing on the cake. The story of it all is just mind fucking blowing. Pubstars now have legitimate chances to be practical over night millionaires (in a sense). Crazy.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Seems like OG has always done what works for them and sometimes it didn’t always pay off but holy shit this TI was one for the books

I would’ve said it regardless of being an OG fanboi or not, I’ve been watching professional DoTA since TI1 (and before I guess if you count the random LANs etc) and I’ve never seen such intensity and the level of play displayed this entire tournament by everyone who showed up to compete. The fact that it played out the way it did is just icing on the cake. The story of it all is just mind fucking blowing. Pubstars now have legitimate chances to be practical over night millionaires (in a sense). Crazy.

Add in the fact they got into the tournament through open qualifiers makes it even more amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user