DOTA 2

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
That was soooooo well done, i think only 2 things i wish they kinda changed.

Ceb's $11M axe call, i wish they made it so it wasn't the full FMV animation (i liked these in general) but i kinda wish it showed the actual gameplay of him blinking in and then it like zooms in top down into the scene or something

I also don't think they emphasized how hard Ame threw both game 4 and 5 lol

Its funny that was my recollection of the last TI, people were talking about how great OG looked and I was like Really? The entire tournament, but particularly the end looked like teams throwing. I wondered if it was ultimately just the patch that made the games look that way.

Watching the major, could Juggernaut always TP during omnislash? I don't remember ever seeing that in the past, seems stupid. Similarly it also seems stupid the skill Monkey King gets for free can disjoint spells, I don't recall seeing players abuse that in the past either.

Also, whats up with the panel following one group then peacing out while there are still important games left in the other group? Seems like lazy production, they didn't even have a timer.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the comeback mechanic was too strong in the TI 2018 patch. You could spend the whole match doing everything right, but if you screw up once against the Spectre with buyback the game becomes even.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
When they changed his ult from slashes to actual attacks they allow him to use items and shit during it too, you can blink and shit mid omni as well

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whoever this guy is on the main desk is annoying as fuck. Wish it was Redeye or someone else, 2GD needs to come back.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also this was hilarious.

OGPSG.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah the panels are pretty weak, shame pretty much everybody is boycotting China at this point over that kuku shit

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
And people say China is immune from SJW faggotry
This isn't SJW faggotry. Chinese are ultra nationalists and making fun of them with racist shit, even though they themselves are racists as fuck, will get you a lot of hate. It's like trolling about Taiwan/Tibet/whatever, that shit triggers them real hard, because a lot of them won't ever think of criticizing their nation. Or say something like Nanking or or Tiananmen and witness the meltdown.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah the panels are pretty weak, shame pretty much everybody is boycotting China at this point over that kuku shit

They don't seem terrible to me, aside from Nehaz being his normal irritating self. Though host's style does look like a hipster selling used cars as well....

They really needed a NA major this year with China hosting TI. A lot of the events last year and this year are occurring overnight on the east coast, while it may be the best option for the finances of an event, I can't help but think this will have a longer term impact on viewership in North America.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
So ching chongs in one country called ching chongs in another country ching chongs and now they can’t attend the Chingchong Major.

What a country!
FD81301C-319E-46DB-8C99-C22A304450EB.jpeg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Dandain

Trakanon Raider

Championship Saturday night tonight. No Chinese teams left. (VP/Secret/EG). Tune in to see if anyone cheers.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what is going on in this meta, haven't really watched much lately other than background nose, but some of these long extended team fights are awesome. Just goes on for like two minutes with multiple buybacks and swings in both directions.

EG kind of reminds me of Alliance of years past (without the ratting), where they sacrifice the early game by giving up some towers and a lane or two, and focus on the mid/late. Seems like in all their games this tourney they've been down but in the exact position they want to be in. Bulba doing a good job on the drafts. Haven't seen a single Secret game though and only one VP game.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
For the amount they've lauded SAP for analytics this event the information is pretty trivial and frequently pointless.