DOTA 2

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jesus Christ! EG needs to drop Bulba and return to PPD so that they can become winners again. Their drafting/strat of 4 protect 1 was very stale and predictable.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I ended up watching the finals since so many people mentioned it. Gawd damn Secret looked unstoppable in that series.

Anytime EG or Secret are stomping people I will gladly watch.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lmao yikes

More Kuku drama with WESG finals now:

«After inquiring the Ministry of Foreign Affair and Ministry of Public Security in Chongqing. We are regret to let you know that KUKU is not allowed to enter Chongqing for the WESG event according to the decision from the city government.
As a tournament organizer, WESG will follow the instruction from the local government. It shall be the final decision»

Lmaooo imagine banning some philipino kid at a government level over saying "ching chong" in a PUB Dota game

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What if the kid is dyslexic(in addition to being racist)? Your fucking town is called Chongqing. God forbid Niger ever hosts a Dota major.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Apparently it's a local government thing with chongqing, they say he --shouldn't-- be banned for TI in shanghai

well see kek

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Couple good tournaments running. OG are looking back running down the lower bracket of ESL. Secret is in the winner bracket and gambit is the third team. Liquid and EG and VP are the final three teams in China.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I foolishly stay away from new hero's they come out with, even though they are OP as fuck 99% of the time. I think Mar's and I will be good friends.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here are my Mar's thoughts so far.

1. Ult is extremely OP. Locking a group of enemy heroes in place would be strong by itself, then you add the damage as they go to the wall edges and their health just seems to melt. Combo'ing up with other heroes is going to get pretty silly. Monkey King? Enigma? Jakiro? Shadow Fiend? Witch Doctor? Riki? Sand King? Magnus? Dark Seer? CM? Leshrac? Veno? Earthshaker? Medusa? Kunka? BKB lets you walk out of it, so that and heroes like Lifestealer, Juggernaut, and Pango are going to be the counter picks.

2. Bulwark. His frontal damage reduction is great against harass offlaners and supports. You can have your back turned when their missile attack starts then turn into it right as it is hitting you. It works on towers. It will probably be a shut-down counter to Legion and Ursa.

3. His mana and mana regen are weak. You are probably going to want to pick an item that fills the need. Seems like you are going to have to go Battle Fury or Echo Saber to compensate.

4. Larger than normal attack range (250). Kind of feels like Monkey King (300), where you are melee but have a range to work with.

5. His Talents are underwhelming. At least levels 10 & 15, where you get to choose between +20 Move/ +8 Str and +8 Armor/ +35 Damage. With his frontal damage reduction, not sure why you would need the +8 armor.

6. God's Rebuke, the shield slam is great. Low mana cost, big damage, AE to help farm while damaging other heroes. It scales to the end game because it is a crit multiplier on your damage. The knockback components is not a stun and cannot interrupt TP's, etc.

7. Spear of Mars. Big damage, AE, lockdown, and stun if you pin them against tree/building/wall. It synergizes with your ult, pinning them to the wall doing upwards of 250 damage every second or so. It has the skill component that you need to land it on the target you are throwing at. The other draw back is that it can carry your target a great distance away from you and as a melee hero, you are going to be using precious seconds to run after the person you just skewered before you can even get any hits in on them.

Conclusion
If Monkey King had a Strength-based brother, it would be Mars. More durable, great at forcing the team-fight, has a spear instead of a staff. I suppose people will play him as a carry, but I can see some Offlaner potential. I think an early Perseverance in combination with Bulwark and and God's Rebuke to ensure some last hits/damage should secure a decent laning phase.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm still at work but, can your allies walk through his ult? if it has a box like fissure i can see that also kind of fucking your team if you dont use it correctly haha

Needless

Toe Sucker
okay his kit is actually insane hahaha what the fuck is that lvl 20 talent? 4.3 second stun on a 14s cooldown

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
How does Mars lane? I doubt you'd want to run him safe because he's more of an axe/centaur esque hero, right?

Does he work as an offlaner? And I'd assume you'll build blink asap on him.