DOTA 2

Ridas

Pay to play forum
It used to be like that in Dota1. Iirc you could even refresher orb your necrobook on courier. It is silly. There is a crazy amount of gold inflation. Naked radiances used to be 20+ minutes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And yet I haven't seen anyone utilizing the courier as an "extra hero." There's just not enough gold to go around unless you've got a 90+ minute game.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have had some fun games in the last few days. It gives me hope that this can all be dialed in and be the next iteration of Dota. I still feel like neutral camp drops need to be more rare.

I would also like the lower tier items to use the "lose a charge on death" mechanic. It seems the Fountain is a graveyard for about 15 un-used items at the end of every game. That is kind of silly. I wouldn't mind if all Tier 1 and Tier 2 items could expire out of the game by the 30 minute mark by some form or fashion. Royal Jelly, Elixir, Mango Tree, and Third Eye mechanics are good examples for the Tier 1 & 2 item model.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
honestly i like the idea of just having consumables until like tier 4 or some shit.

I wonder how busted it would be to make all the items be consumable like a moonshard for like ~50% of the value. like you can have that 13% CDR item in your inventory, or consume it for a permanent 7% CDR buff etc

I would assume people would just apply all the items onto their carry though so they'd probably have to limit it to X amount of consumable effects lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cool idea. Maybe you could consume items for 50% of stat value for a temporary 5 min buff or until death.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
And yet I haven't seen anyone utilizing the courier as an "extra hero." There's just not enough gold to go around unless you've got a 90+ minute game.

Yea, aside from the occasional lotus or linkens play by the carry I can't imagine it really happening outside of stalemate games. We should get to see some clowny shit in a stalemate where one side can't quite break the base.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should leave neutral drops the same, however I'll go one step further. Tier 5s should come sooner. 50 minutes for 5 40 for 4 etc. However, when a neutral item drops it must be claimed in river and is announced (30 seconds to a minute to claim).

This gives enemy chance to fight for it and gives dynamic objectives around the map.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Game continues to undergo some drastic changes. I guess I don't hate the neutral item change to 1 per hero. Now, they just need to hone in on the items providing something unique. I just sucks when you finish your Vlad's Offering and 10 seconds later Vampire Fangs drop. There is still so much overlap in what items provide.

Beyond that, it feels like most of the safelane carries suck now.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This one was suuuuper good, but i think last years was better with the sheer factor of how insane the year before was vs the stomp that was this year lol

can't wait to see the other 2 OG pickups, OG is gonna be nutty lol

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched it last night. OG reminded me so much of the 2014-2015 Golden State Warriors.

• Topson & Ana: These two are are so amazing. They are like Steph Curry & Klay Thompson of Dota. All they do is make incredible plays and rack up kills. The creativity, the flexibility, and the lightning-fast reaction time and skill are just the top of the game. They are drama free, a bit quirky, and humble.
  • Ceb: Best teammate ever? I give him as much credit as any of them for the 2 TI wins. He kept everyone positive and confident. He set the mood and shielded everyone from any criticism. Keeping with the Basketball analogy, he was Draymond Green.
  • Jerax: I love his play. He just plays mistake free Dota. He is constantly setting up his team for success and turning small advantages into big ones. Andre Iguodola's role on the warriors was the shut down the other team's biggest threats and make huge plays in the most crucial times. Jerax did that consistently.
  • Notail: Without a doubt, he was the best drafter in the last two TI's. He was the mastermind that put everyone in the perfect position to win. He held the group together, kept the drive and the focus. He was the Steve Kerr of the team.
OG broke Liquid by the end. They knew they were completely out-matched and I think it left them shell shocked. Kuro looked lost, like he had no answers most of the time. W33 & Mind Control were almost bullied into retirement by OG. Miracle went from being considered maybe the best player in the world to afterthought and non-factor. GH held it together, but never had heroes that he could change the game with.