DOTA 2

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Should have taken shadow shaman instead of witch doctor (has 2 disables, early tower push).

Then axe, wtf shit draft. Would have taken wraith king after shadow shm...

Feels like all the teams whiff on drafts fairly often.

Nahaz is awesome. He is no Xyclops tho. Lol

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loved the EG versus Complexity games.

Anyone else have an a ridiculous number of graphical glitches while watching replays in-game?

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
S4 with two straight really ugly drafts. Secret with 4 different heroes that need some amount of $$.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Should have taken shadow shaman instead of witch doctor (has 2 disables, early tower push).

If they simply wanted two disables on a hero they'd pick Lion. SS is slow, fragile, his ultimate has a long cd and doesn't blow up a hero.

Axe taking the jungle from s4 really hampered him and his ability to do anything through the game. Thinking about the draft, once their first picks were the 1 & 2 its hard to see a way to 'fix' the draft with how we saw the game play out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I used to play LoL and still watch it and never really got into DoTA or DoTA 2, this is the first International I've ever watched. But shit, everything about TI is so much better than any LoL tourneys including Worlds. It's so much more polished and professional on the casting and interview side and the amount of teams and games they play is way better for fans as well. I think I'm turning into a convert.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

You have no idea wtf are you talking about.

Secret fucked up with picking both cores early and greedy ones at that. The first game I can understand, but pushing seems really out of style this patch and halfassing your push lineup due to surprise storm pick seems really unlike Secret. Maybe they outdrafted themselves a bit ? I think they should go back to picking Zai hero first, Dazzle has been underwhelming on Puppey in both games and I liked the Ehome picking Rubick to deny him to Kuro, plus he laso counters dazzle really hard due to long cast times and even shadow wave is useful. Now that I think of it, like half their G2 lineup were signature Secret heroes this patch - Gyro, Rubick, DS. If you are afraid of them raping your middle lane, just grab Chen or Ench to annoy the hell out of them...

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So I used to play LoL and still watch it and never really got into DoTA or DoTA 2, this is the first International I've ever watched. But shit, everything about TI is so much better than any LoL tourneys including Worlds. It's so much more polished and professional on the casting and interview side and the amount of teams and games they play is way better for fans as well. I think I'm turning into a convert.
It has always had a lot of polish but the professionalism has gotten better each year. This year has definitely taken the professionalism up another notch. You can expect Valve to spare no expense that is for sure.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes we know dota is much better than LoL. That's why we're here.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Yeah, Secret's drafts weren't great in and of themselves. Then, on top of that, it seemed like Secret was just drafting to win a match of dota against any random team. Ehome drafted specifically to beat Secret. You could tell from the Rotk interview. Ehome watched replays, came up with a plan, implemented it, and it worked. Everyone thought they'd lose, but they hunkered down and did it. That's the shit you tear up about.

But for real, fuck China. Western team better take it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm I guess production is much better this year, but even last year it was kinda worse than LoL worlds imo, though there were some stuff that was better. What I like about current dota though is it's extremely active in most games, most matches aren't over until it's over(like you can come back, aside from some specific match ups where you're getting fucked whatever you do, like if they have PL and ruin you for the first 30mins, you're not winning lategame either regardless) and a lot of the hero pool is viable and picked.

Last Worlds I watched had A LOT of repetitive picks, more so than dota(there's obviously shit like gyro in every game and leshrac banned every game, but you still rotate a solid 30-40heroes in the common pool for the rest) and the game was fairly passive for the first like 20-30mins. Half the game had top laners farming against each other non stop without any interaction for like most of the game until teamfights started, and it wasn't uncommon to see scores like 1-3 at 20mins and the team with 3kills were considered "far ahead". There were a few good games and even those slow games got good once the laning ended, but the lack of TP/smoke and the static nature of the lanes(you rarely see the bot support roam to gank mid, and even less so top or jungle) made for some very boring early/midgame compared to dota.

I still watch a game every now and then cause it's different stuff and it's fun once in a while, but I much prefer watching dota, and especially the "recent" dota that went away from split push and trilane farming and more into ganking heavy teamfight heavy gameplay.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Hmm I guess production is much better this year, but even last year it was kinda worse than LoL worlds imo, though there were some stuff that was better. What I like about current dota though is it's extremely active in most games, most matches aren't over until it's over(like you can come back, aside from some specific match ups where you're getting fucked whatever you do, like if they have PL and ruin you for the first 30mins, you're not winning lategame either regardless) and a lot of the hero pool is viable and picked.

Last Worlds I watched had A LOT of repetitive picks, more so than dota(there's obviously shit like gyro in every game and leshrac banned every game, but you still rotate a solid 30-40heroes in the common pool for the rest) and the game was fairly passive for the first like 20-30mins. Half the game had top laners farming against each other non stop without any interaction for like most of the game until teamfights started, and it wasn't uncommon to see scores like 1-3 at 20mins and the team with 3kills were considered "far ahead". There were a few good games and even those slow games got good once the laning ended, but the lack of TP/smoke and the static nature of the lanes(you rarely see the bot support roam to gank mid, and even less so top or jungle) made for some very boring early/midgame compared to dota.

I still watch a game every now and then cause it's different stuff and it's fun once in a while, but I much prefer watching dota, and especially the "recent" dota that went away from split push and trilane farming and more into ganking heavy teamfight heavy gameplay.
Bunch of friends are really into LoL... I went to a buddies house to watch the World's finals (it was on at like 4am because Korea). We had a bunch of coffee/food, etc and stillEVERYONEwas falling asleep because the matches were so boring.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Bunch of friends are really into LoL... I went to a buddies house to watch the World's finals (it was on at like 4am because Korea). We had a bunch of coffee/food, etc and stillEVERYONEwas falling asleep because the matches were so boring.
I agree with this. I occasionally will watch LCS/Worlds for LoL and the games just don't have the same level of action as DotA games. Even in games where the cores are super late game the supports are constantly moving around ganking so its not a boring farm fest.