DOTA 2

bayr_sl

shitlord
I think they fucked up Dota's economy from the beginning breaking models apart into so many pieces since no one really mixes and matches items and individually they rarely change the model enough to warrant people wanting them. Items should probably have come in weapons and entire sets as one item. Nothing is worth anything, inventories are a huge mess if you have played a while, it just sucks.

That's what I feel like they were getting at with the TI5 compendium and all the unmarketable sets, there's just no point in having these items in circulation because they have almost no value

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
HelenaLive playing with AdmiralBulldog, there is no reason this should be as funny as it is but I'm in tears laughing.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Oh shit, I love watching her. She is an emotional train wreck.

This is stellar. He has the patience of a Buddhist monk.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Watching his stream is much better, all the comedy without the spamming of llama lips etc.

Wonder how long Bulldog can maintain this trolling. Its pretty good.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I think they fucked up Dota's economy from the beginning breaking models apart into so many pieces since no one really mixes and matches items and individually they rarely change the model enough to warrant people wanting them. Items should probably have come in weapons and entire sets as one item. Nothing is worth anything, inventories are a huge mess if you have played a while, it just sucks.

That's what I feel like they were getting at with the TI5 compendium and all the unmarketable sets, there's just no point in having these items in circulation because they have almost no value
There also wasn't 11 million people buying cosmetics 5 years ago - the rarity ship has sailed a long time ago in Dota. The items can't be an investment of any kind when there are that many.

Cybsled

There also wasn't 11 million people buying cosmetics 5 years ago - the rarity ship has sailed a long time ago in Dota. The items can't be an investment of any kind when there are that many.
Ya, the only items with value are the things that were a limited time only immortal from 2012 (Void's mace and dragon hook for Pudge),stuff that got removed (Ursa's alpine stalker set), or ultra rare couriers or some swag related stuff (genuine quality).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ya, the only items with value are the things that were a limited time only immortal from 2012 (Void's mace and dragon hook for Pudge),stuff that got removed (Ursa's alpine stalker set), or ultra rare couriers or some swag related stuff (genuine quality).
Yeah, but they need to very carefully manage the rarity and prices on these items, since if it's too rare, the price outgrows steam market and they sell through 3rd party sites, leaving Valve with no cut. You can see it with the golden immortals, expensive just enough to still be marketable.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never saw this particular video of the 6 million dollar epic dunk, but they have every casters reaction in all languages. Pretty cool, definitely one of the most epic TI moments ever. Russians are my favorite and idk wtf theyre even saying.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice link!

1. Tobi- All time great sound bite
2. Koreans- Hype casters, best casters
3. Russians- Admirable effort
4. Newbie Stream- eh, predictable and not very memorable
5. Chinese- Just turrible, be embarrassed china

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is AA dmg calculated from where you are standing when it goes off? Or from where you originate the first shot?

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah I get it. In the video you can see PPD throw it, then walk south a bit, I guess trying to get the AoE a bit larger since he was launching it relatively close.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Nice link!

1. Tobi- All time great sound bite
2. Koreans- Hype casters, best casters
3. Russians- Admirable effort
4. Newbie Stream- eh, predictable and not very memorable
5. Chinese- Just turrible, be embarrassed china
A few extra bits to notice.
1. The Main stage cast does catch the sequence, but the camera is zoomed in the whole time - the slam reveals in the last second as universe is barely visible before he blinks.
2. The Russians literally do not see whats about to happen their camera man just puts that shit on the pit and then randomly everyone dies and they go nuts.
3. The Chinese spectator is excellent, they clearly see the play coming, they frame the pit, ppd, and universe in a perfect frame to see the entire thing go down.
4. The Korean spectator is Godlike, they also see the play coming, but they also include agressif's tp, and wall hop into the pit, they flow smoothly into the zoomed out frame, and you see it all.
5. Newb Stream is about like mainstage, no zoom out to capture the leadup or frame all heroes.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Is AA dmg calculated from where you are standing when it goes off? Or from where you originate the first shot?
Where you are standing when it goes off, so itt'sd generally bad iea to throw in a lane after respawn and then tp to a tower in that lane

I like that the person who made the video went through all the trouble to record the casters, but didn't turn off the network stats

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I guess teams want the views from the Major, because 5j?ngz was one of those teams with an expiration date

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else watch empire trounce secret yesterday?

The fuck, they usually fold. Shocked the hell out of me

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well since they just did a run through the open qualifiers for the major, they have more experience playing this patch than almost any other top team. No wonder they outdrafted Secret so badly.