DOTA 2

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish these YouTube streamers weren't so shit. Only option I have during the middle of the workday (fuck you Valve).

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Secret v. Ehome g2.

01658434.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pretty astounded at the current state of professional dota, or at least The International so far. BTS and Starladder weren't terrible or anything but it is like everyone was just waiting for TI. Group stage has just been amazing game after amazing game. So many heros, so many strats, team fights are varied and interesting. Even the stomps are fun to see.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
DC 2-0 Newbee and VG.R 2-0 Liquid. This fucking group stage. Even Fnatic have finally won a game. Upsets, upsets everywhere!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Group B is wild. I'm not really sure what to make of any of the teams at this point. Fnatic vs Newbee? Wat? And then DC is doing way better than I'd ever imagine.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
EHOME is pulling the CDEC Wild Card run right now.

I really can't believe Group B, Newbee and Liquid should have been running that Group with ease. Instead it is being dominated by Wild Card EHOME and Digital Fucking Chaos?

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wooo lets go DC! Teams I think are going to have to start banning morphling against DC, it is by far and away resolutions best carry it seems. I think it may be due to the fact it allows him to have the mobility he was used to as a mid.

Northerner

N00b
I'm no great fan of this iteration of Secret or even how they got there but I did believe in the talent being talented at least.

Not seeing it on this stage so far, that's for sure. Outdrafted regularly (and seriously, I've loved Puppy's drafts in the past) and just outplayed across the board too often. Tilted? Overrated? Fucked if I know but a bit of a shame since they've put out some of the most entertaining dota ever in the past.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I'm no great fan of this iteration of Secret or even how they got there but I did believe in the talent being talented at least.

Not seeing it on this stage so far, that's for sure. Outdrafted regularly (and seriously, I've loved Puppy's drafts in the past) and just outplayed across the board too often. Tilted? Overrated? Fucked if I know but a bit of a shame since they've put out some of the most entertaining dota ever in the past.

The answer here is EternalEnvy. I don't think I have seen another player who is as skilled and simultaneously bad as EE. Within the very same game you see him pull off great farming and mechanics and outplay his opponents.... and then feed himself repeatedly for no reason. And it's not like it is Xboct feeding, going full davai diving towers for kills. It is just EE thinking he can outplay the enemy team 1 v 5 and just jumping into them.

What's worse is he is cognizant of it as well, and when he realises he is playing bad, he starts tilting hard. Watch their games, RTZ is playing fantastic and it looks like Bulba is gelling very well with the team (unlike Universe), and then EE ruins everything with the help of some very stuborn Puppey drafting.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's definitely something I've noticed with this iteration, and that is that Arteezy is playing a lot better with the team.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Today is going to be really interesting. Ehome and pretty much EG have top 4 locked up. Huge potential for tiebreakers and no team is out of the top 4 for sure. That being said Escape and Fnatic are longshots to have any chance of making it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd guess VG.R as another one that falls to the bottom.

Liquid and Newbee have been way more inconsistent than I anticipated. Maybe they get their shit together today?