DOTA 2

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone mentioned that with fantasy, only the top 2 games count. Is that correct? I changed mine to reflect that, so I hope so.

I think MVP, Newbee, and 2 others are only playing two games today, while the rest are all 3 (I'd look this up, but work blocks the Team Liquid wiki, and anything related to Dota).

Right now I think I have QO, Febby, crit?, uh...shit, I can't remember at all.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My picks are still unlocked, I just changed out Miracle with s4 b/c Miracle had a deaths boost which I don't think will provide as many points as s4 with Kills + Runes

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now I'm thinking that what I read about only the top 2 games is wrong. God damnit. I had changed all my cards from Wings/OG players to MVP/Liquid (since all my golds are those players).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Reddit said it counted their two "best" games of a Bo3, not the two best games for the day. There may be other confirmation out there somewhere.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I fucked myself then? That's a stupid system. Oh well, I've basically given up giving a shit about the compendium.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
It blows my mind, that here we are at TI at the end of the season, and heroes like KotL, Ogre Magi and Riki are now considered legit picks (yes I know Riki has been in vogue much longer than the other two). Almost every hero has been a solid meta pick throughout the year, with the exception of like Troll, Omni, Sniper? Probably a couple more.

I love how almost the entire roster is considered viable, Icefrog is a damn miracle worker.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, since whatever patch came after Frankfurt maybe, the game has been super balanced.

I'm curious to see what the total number of heroes picked for TI ends up as.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
OG almost shit away another huge lead to LGD.

It annoys me that almost the entire tournament takes place during the workday.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can understand the group days, but the main tournament should be focused around the weekend.

I don't think there are any games this Saturday/Sunday, are there? And only the last few games will be played next Saturday (likely the loser bracket final, and final).

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, at some point they are going to have to realize this is a product, and the consumers are more able to consume on the weekends. The player's social lives be damned, and put the games on the weekends.

I'll try to catch up on the nights / weekends (only going to watch OG / Wings games), b/c weekdays for me this year is a no-go.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wings reminds me a lot of MVP Phoenix, a younger inexperienced team that fights a lot and has their own picks outside the meta. I do wonder whether they will/are running into the same issue that the more experienced captains/teams break down and counter their game.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Between the unfitting deadmau5 performance right after the finals last year and this funeral music during downtime this year, I think Valve is just trying to troll their viewers.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My cat can pretty much sleep through anything, especially if he's curled up next to me on the couch. But as soon as that whale song came on in between games he was at full attention glancing around the house frantically like WTF MOTHER FUCK I WAS JUST ASLEEP.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, Liquid just looked REALLY fucking good against Newbee.

Then again, Oracle with Morph and Timber? That's some ridiculous draft to let through.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just finished getting the Legion alternate, feels pretty good. I wanted the WR alt but that ship has sailed. Every game I've had 7+ double shackles we've lost and it is kind of depressing.