DOTA 2

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
god damn y'all some salty mofos. show me on the doll where loda touched you.

grats liquid though. that was some clutch play. if they keep that up they'll go real far.

Northerner

N00b
Meh, I've always liked Alliance but I can understand the haters. They did almost break dota at one point.

I'm just amused/pissed-off about the shitshow that is this 'major' overall. This would have been embarrassing four years ago and that's like eighty eight years in esports.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I only infrequently watch, do they usually push games until the next day because at this pace they wont be done till the morning, only 1 match done and its 4.30pm in Shanghai.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
MVP P rolling over LGD. Koreans finally starting to master the Doto fam? Fuck i think LGD is the only Chinese squad in the upper bracket.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Nahaz's stats on MVP.P were crazy:

- QO is 37-4-28 combined K/D/A in 4 games, has 18.3k hero damage / 35m with no other player over 14k
- All five players average 10+ assists / 35min
- 33.3 team kills / 35m
- 8.55 team KA
biggrin.png
better than every other team by >5
- 24m average match time, better than every other team by >5m

They beat the tar out of their group. I think I was asleep by the time most their matches played. Looking like an all nighter tonight, have some more vodka and redbull.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I only infrequently watch, do they usually push games until the next day because at this pace they wont be done till the morning, only 1 match done and its 4.30pm in Shanghai.
Depends on whether the venue closes or not. If not, they will probably go at it and pray for some quick games.

MVP playing crazy, reminds of the heyday of Navi a bit, but more discipline.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
This tournament... it seems the sleeping Korean juggernaut has finally awoken. MVP used to be a joke team, like "Oh look, the Koreans think they can play Dota too!". Now 6-0, they are on a rampage. And if they sweep the tournament and come in first, it is only going to get much worse (for every other team). If they go back to South Korea with a million dollars or whatever first place is, that will make the news there, and other E-Sports orgs will take notice and start fielding teams. Then it won't be too long until it is LoL/SC territory and the Koreans run the show.

On a not so hyperbolic level, this tournament is clown shoes. For the US (and I guess english speaking Europe), our stream is dogshit. For China, they now have 5 out of 5 teams in the loser's bracket on Day 1 of the main event, at the biggest tournament ever in their own backyard. Whats worse, is their last hope, LGD got rolled not by the evil west, but by Korea, the arch nemesis. I am sure to them it will be like TI4 was for the US/West. A Chinese v Chinese finals that no one here gave a shit about. If all Chinese teams get eliminated in the bottom 8... hoo boy, that won't go over well in their dota scene. Also, Swindlemelonz of Complexity has been tweeting like crazy of all the stupid problems they are experiencing onsite. Apparently China can't run no tournaments worth a damn (or maybe it is just PerfectWorld, I bet Tencent tourneys run great!).

At least the Russian stream has been going smoothly it seems. Yay V1lat and co.

And to Intrinsic, I really don't have anything against any of the players on Alliance. But I despise the way they play DotA. Loda losing on his signature Naga Siren gave me such joy. That hero is a cancer, it is designed around NOT engaging the enemy team at all (which fits right into their ratting playstyle, which is garbage). I am still salty about TI3, it was the last time we got to see Golden Age Na'Vi and Alliance ruined it with Prophet/Naga. Enjoy your best of 1 Alliance.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
And to Intrinsic, I really don't have anything against any of the players on Alliance. But I despise the way they play DotA. Loda losing on his signature Naga Siren gave me such joy. That hero is a cancer, it is designed around NOT engaging the enemy team at all (which fits right into their ratting playstyle, which is garbage). I am still salty about TI3, it was the last time we got to see Golden Age Na'Vi and Alliance ruined it with Prophet/Naga. Enjoy your best of 1 Alliance.
If you say so. I've argued this until I feel like Tanoomba. Sorry Alliance found a way to win.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if PW/Valve had to jump through some extra hoops, since Tencent's business practices remind me of Weyland-Yutani, but maybe they didn't even have to do anything. Swindle is going full EE, can't wait for the blogs/talkshows afterwards.

EHOME went full liquid and they are going to dumpster Archon.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Team Spirit's game delayed, because staff apparently lost one of the player's keyboard.

There are some accusations of corruption on reddit and I have a feeling there's going to be a few more skeletons popping out once the event is over.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... what other work?

I honestly don't know how most of these guys keep a roof over their heads.