DOTA 2

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I haven't played a real (that is to say ranked) DOTA game in about a year, but goddamn, people were/are actually playing beastmaster to the extent where he's getting nerfs? Neat.

Cybsled

He was popular in pro games because of tower push strats (necro + boars) and his roar going through BKB.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
And the last patch changed the damage type or armor type of the creeps, whatever. I can never keep that shit straight. So his boar did more damage and you could basically 5 minutes level 6 him in the jungle and then go murderface. And with all the nerfs to other hero vision I think his hawks are still way valuable. Which I also think is a great reason for ET to be back in the meta.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Also the quests this time suck a donkey dick for supports. A few of the WR questline kinda do, but yesterday I had to retard my way through a game just to get sub 36 min bloodstone, then we stomped them rather easily. Well, at least I picked Ogre for that, but I have no idea how many more I can pull off while supporting.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Also the quests this time suck a donkey dick for supports. A few of the WR questline kinda do, but yesterday I had to retard my way through a game just to get sub 36 min bloodstone, then we stomped them rather easily. Well, at least I picked Ogre for that, but I have no idea how many more I can pull off while supporting.
I managed to get it in 24 as Leshrac, then lost :\ Not a fun quest.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
With the compendium if you win one with 3 stars can you go back and re-win at 2 stars for the extra points?
Wait, I thought if you got the 3 stars, you got all the points? It's if you get 1 or 2 stars, you can go back and get the others for extra.

The new ranked is really weird. I've won 5 of 6 so far, but it seems like each time the MMR of my teammates/opponents go down. It's gotten to the point where the game I played last night was a complete dumpstering. We didn't lose a single T1 until just about 2 minutes before the game ended.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What are your stats from the game? I think for calibration it uses a bunch of different metrics like K/D/A, GPM, XPM, etc and not purely W/L. So if you are a support but only average 200 gpm and 5 LH a game you could are average MMR stay the same or go down. Alternatively if you lose a game as hard carry but have 800 GPM and go like 20 / 2 / 10 it may go up.

My only evidence of this is watching people like PPD, Ways, and a couple of different Russian MMR booster types go through calibration. Reddit may have more info.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm at work so I can't check Yasp, but I'm always top 3 in LH (about the only thing I can count on in a game is that I'll out farm everyone, even on support; I have a Jakiro game where I think I was #2 in LH). I'll admit I'm terrible about team fights, but it's usually a 2:1 or 3:1 KD, and 3:1 or 4:1 KDA.

I wonder if there's some kind of threshold on GPM/XPM that the calibration is looking at to rank you. Like say 200-250 GPM is 1000 MMR, 251-300 GPM is 1500, 301-350 is 2000, etc.

Last 7 games, descending order
Viper (W) - 5/2/8, 396 GPM, 444 XPM, 129 LH (#1)
Venomancer (W) - 6/10/19, 435 GPM, 406 XPM, 255 LH (#3)
Jakiro (W) - 4/6/22, 346 GPM, 385 XPM, 171 LH (#9) (apparently I was wrong about my LH this game)
Gyrocopter (W) - 8/7/10, 552 GPM, 658 XPM, 317 LH (#1)
Gyrocopter (W) - 4/9/18, 516 GPM, 580 XPM, 327 LH (#2)
Troll (L) - 2/14/14, 342 GPM, 383 XPM, 125 LH (#2)
Troll (W) - 8/4/12, 603 GPM, 615 XPM, 265 LH (#1)

So apparently, I suck shit at fighting. I guess I should work on that.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Wait, I thought if you got the 3 stars, you got all the points? It's if you get 1 or 2 stars, you can go back and get the others for extra.

The new ranked is really weird. I've won 5 of 6 so far, but it seems like each time the MMR of my teammates/opponents go down. It's gotten to the point where the game I played last night was a complete dumpstering. We didn't lose a single T1 until just about 2 minutes before the game ended.
My bad, you get all the points for 3 stars.

I had several people asking about whether they can redo the quests if they didn't get all 3 stars so I misread it

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty obvious that he is shaking off rust and preparing for the headhunt that will come once rosters unlock after TI. Maybe if somebody is really desperate after Manila, but I don't he is that great right now. They might make a deep run through the qualifiers, but it's still Bamboe, bone7, CWM and Sing, get real.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's pretty obvious that he is shaking off rust and preparing for the headhunt that will come once rosters unlock after TI. Maybe if somebody is really desperate after Manila, but I don't he is that great right now. They might make a deep run through the qualifiers, but it's still Bamboe, bone7, CWM and Sing, get real.
I don't expect them to be taking to Secret or EG, but they definitely could get to be point where they compete with the current also rans (Na`Vi, VP, etc.)

Xeldar

Silver Squire
If Fear's arm is being bothersome and is being an impediment, I expect Zai to be EG's 4 and Fear to coach.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched a Kaipi match a week or so ago and they were fucking terrible. Maybe they need time to gel together, but I wasn't impressed.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't expect them to be taking to Secret or EG, but they definitely could get to be point where they compete with the current also rans (Na`Vi, VP, etc.)
Yes, but his value will skyrocket once the shuffle starts, you don't make money by beating t2 teams, you make it by bulldozing through a TI.