DOTA 2

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yesterday I ran into Luna that skilled the passives first and then wondered why the fuck doesn't her Eclipse do any damage. Like...do you even read what your skills do ?
Most likely a HoN player that forgot luna was changed on that game. In HoN it was common to do passives first since the ult didnt take in account the level of moonbeam.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Cause obviously that's all that's needed to last hit. I mean sure there's a lot of terrible carries but farming in a contested lane isn't as easy as just clicking creeps. If you're in a freefarm lane though it's a shame missing last hits, even though you'll still miss a few every now and then unless you're way stacked on dmg.

As for supports, play anything, pretty much every support in this game is actually good at something, especially at a pub level where it's less trilane vs trilane with smoke ganks and dewarding and all the other pro level shit and more dual lane herp derp I steal last hits from carry and miss denies. Dota has a ton of supports so it takes a while to cover all of them. My favorites are Lion, Rubick, Lina and Ogre Magi, I like my supports with disables and high damage ^^.
Derp i know all this. Did I have to preface my message explaining everything about playing a carry and last hitting and how these people fail at doing almost all of it? Playing carry is the easiest role in the game.

Elerion

N00b
It's probably the role where marginal skill improvements make the least difference, but I've played enough games with bad friends to know that if I go support and they go carry, we lose. They just aren't able to survive the gank attention and keep their farm up. There's a minimum skill requirement (relative to the opponents' skill) to be able to carry with any efficiency at all. On the other hand, a support can be pretty terrible at the game and still contribute positively just by warding and stunning.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Being a good carry relies on having good supports. Pulling, stacking and warding are all things that a carry must do without spending his time doing them. I also think farming is an art in this game. Knowing which lanes to go tp to, at which time and the route to take to kill jungle creeps while switching in between lanes, all while not being ganked and being able to find kills in between is a skill in itself. People don't realize that farming isn't just about getting last hits, its being able to find last hits in the first place.

I would say actually, that the hardest position on the team is all relative to what is being played against what. Yea I pull this relative card a lot, but this is the first moba where I'm really taking it into account. In League and HoN I would always rely on builds from sites or what somebody I watched on a stream was playing. In dota, I always build around my enemy and my team.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I was hesitant about going all random Bc I figured people would be more likely to flame but if that's the case then I think that'd be more fun. (Plus I have a tablet so could always google the hero to get an idea.) I think ill also give tide hunter a try pretty soon to. As to farming I have to agree w penance there's times I'm just standing around Bc I'm not sure what I should be doing (typically in the middle of the game) appreciate all the feed back hopefully ill get out of the noob phase in a month or two
smile.png

Nutron_sl

shitlord
It's probably the role where marginal skill improvements make the least difference, but I've played enough games with bad friends to know that if I go support and they go carry, we lose. They just aren't able to survive the gank attention and keep their farm up. There's a minimum skill requirement (relative to the opponents' skill) to be able to carry with any efficiency at all. On the other hand, a support can be pretty terrible at the game and still contribute positively just by warding and stunning.
I'll agree to that to a certain degree since I take most of the things when playing as a carry for granted and find it all "easy". Maybe I should say that carry is the easiest to "cap" your skill level as? Like there's so many things you can do as a carry once you've perfected last hitting and knowing where to farm and how to use your toolset to kill enemy teams (and which targets to go for, along with positioning). I guess some people just find those concepts hard to grasp and be good at... I feel as a support, there is no real cap on how good you can be on a lot of them, all depends on you really.

How many times have you gone batshit over what someone in a pro game has done as a carry vs as a support...I know that I've seen FAR more clutch amazing plays coming from supports... Bad players will be bad at either roles, but I'll agree I'd rather have the worst person be a 5th role support than a carry. I've carried games with absolutely shitty supports easily, but the other way around not so much.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
CN9d7V8.png

I like this image

everytime I see someone chewing someone else out in chat I just cringe and think about how many times the player doing the yelling fucked up

bayr_sl

shitlord
Make it not curve upwards ever and it would be more accurate. being good has never stopped people from being cunts in pub dota

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
i feel like the better you are, the more of an asshole you tend to be in public games.
Not necessarily, depends on players. Some pros don't rage ingame or rarely do, even though most of their teammates are complete shit. Others rage super hard. What is funny though is when pub trash players tell pros they suck. Not that pros are always perfect or what but I find it pretty funny when someone tells Dendi he's the worst mid ever or some shit because he got killed in a 3man gank or isn't ganking their lane that they're losing(which is obviously mid's fault).

bayr_sl

shitlord
People also make the mistake of thinking streamers act the same when they aren't streaming. Just look at Merlini, or any EG member. "look how nice they are when they have thousands of viewers! They never give up either! Fight to the bitter end!!!!"

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
People also make the mistake of thinking streamers act the same when they aren't streaming. Just look at Merlini, or any EG member. "look how nice they are when they have thousands of viewers! They never give up either! Fight to the bitter end!!!!"
You can watch pro playing pubs via dota tv when they're not streaming, or play against/with them. Demon acts like a dick on stream too and Merlini/Dendi/whoever sometimes get angry on stream too even though not that often. What I'm saying is simply that it's not black and white shit, it's not "every high lvl player still acts like a dick", but also not "some pros are angels". I'd say high lvl isn't perfect but it's better than middle level. Basically what Nutron said, make the curve go halfway instead and it's more accurate.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
oh fear is a total asshole when he's not streaming

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can confirm Merlini's genuine in the way he acts. Played with him multiple times when he wasn't streaming and when he was drunk as fuck. He's an awesome dude. Remember playing in a 5 stack with him, and 3 of his real life friends, it was actually probably the most calm loss of dota I've ever had.

- Added support for forming and managing Guilds. You can invite, kick, promote, and demote members. They have a guild message that can be edited, a logo, and a chat channel. We'll be continuing with development of additional Guild functionality!

Who's starting the guild?