DOTA 2

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
that tutorial is steep, shits like 15 matches, 5 vs bots, 10limited hero pool, middle lane practice with 10 different heroes lol.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Assuming you don't know anything about the game, the tutorial is pretty decent I felt from my quick look at the maps.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I tried this out last night. Got 1/3 of the way through the tutorial and was rather enjoying myself, but now seem unable to continue the tutorial. Is there some kind of trick to this? My "play" button on the top is grey'd out.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
You may have to complete a few rounds of some of the tutorial levels. I think they have you play around 20 games in the limited hero pool, 10 vs bots 10 vs humans or something?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I just can't figure out how without a "Play" button being usable. I think I broke it.
frown.png

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I don't know?

I just logged in to check (3rd time I logged in today) and... it works now.

What the hell? DOTA2 is magic I guess.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
So, I'm enjoying this tutorial, but if I stop playing I get locked out of being able to play for 12-24 hours or some such. Its a bit frustrating.

When does this officially "come out" to play? I'm not sure I want to pay $10 for a cute badger and a week head start.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So, I'm enjoying this tutorial, but if I stop playing I get locked out of being able to play for 12-24 hours or some such. Its a bit frustrating.

When does this officially "come out" to play? I'm not sure I want to pay $10 for a cute badger and a week head start.
Well you can get a key right now, see my post further up. There's no headstart or anything of the sort, when it's launched you just won't require a key anymore but nothing else is changing, they're not wiping. As for your tutorial problem not sure, but if you don't have a key that might be the issue. Also sometimes steam servers being fucked up locks your account into a game or some shit but that should happen fairly rarely, usually during patches or steam maintenances.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Well you can get a key right now, see my post further up. There's no headstart or anything of the sort, when it's launched you just won't require a key anymore but nothing else is changing, they're not wiping. As for your tutorial problem not sure, but if you don't have a key that might be the issue. Also sometimes steam servers being fucked up locks your account into a game or some shit but that should happen fairly rarely, usually during patches or steam maintenances.
Instructions followed, key activated, thank you!

crucial_sl

shitlord
since fog of war information is basically not transmitted to clients.
Are you sure about this? All of the Blizzard RTS send everything down to the clients, so there's tons of maphacks. I assume it's the same for DOTA, you'd see a lag on heroes appearing out of fog otherwise.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are you sure about this? All of the Blizzard RTS send everything down to the clients, so there's tons of maphacks. I assume it's the same for DOTA, you'd see a lag on heroes appearing out of fog otherwise.
HoN, LoL and Dota2 don't send info from the fog. Different game types, but that's how it is. It created issues actually in early beta because every ability coming out of the fog would be considered shot from 0,0 location, which for pudge hook made it look really weird, but they eventually fixed it. To be honest there would be plenty of maphacks if that wasn't the case, and so far the only thing that came close was the camera position hack, which took almost 2years to figure out and was fixed within a week of being public(potentially more if the secret was well kept but since it wasn't an accurate hack it wasn't that bad either).

In case of, there are plenty of maphacks on dota1 since it ran on warcraft3 but that's fairly irrelevant at this point.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
is there a drophack for this game? playing a game yesterday. enemy throne few hits from being destroyed. game drops and no longer exists.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This Alliance vs. VP game is incredible.

My sideline fanboyism for Alliance knows no bounds.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
is there a drophack for this game? playing a game yesterday. enemy throne few hits from being destroyed. game drops and no longer exists.
Probably not, Valve games are really tight on security and even if it exists, it will get fixed in a week of being public. Now servers having the stability of drunken cow on the other hand...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's a bug with their servers shit happens every now and then it seems. Might be a drophack though don't know, but the timing is always the same for it when people bitch about it on the forums/reddit, so I'm more leaning toward their servers being shit at times.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Their servers have been unstable since this patch, at least more than normal, I had 2 or 3 games just vanish at varying points.