DOTA 2

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
With either Navi or C9 eliminated after the first round of the main event, we are looking at a predominantly eastern live tournament. They are great teams and all, but I still can't help but feel disappointed. East vs West games are much more interesting than East vs East or West vs West and are kind of the main point of the international.

It was interesting to try this kind of format, but I hope for TI5 Valve goes back to allowing all the teams to participate in the main event, even if it means best of ones for part of it.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
2 western teams in top 6, 4 east? that's not a bad outcome - Not like its a clean sweep - and EG could win. If Na'vi go out to C9 - a disappointing tournament for european dota certainly.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bet EG's kicking themselves for releasing that offlane void strat a couple months ago, should have held on to it and just won TI with it.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
2 western teams in top 6, 4 east? that's not a bad outcome - Not like its a clean sweep - and EG could win. If Na'vi go out to C9 - a disappointing tournament for european dota certainly.
The one issue for EG is they play DK first, which is probably the hardest eastern team for them.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
yes. if eastern teams dominate the finals, specifically if Navi is eliminated, interest in this will flatline. hopefully Valve learns from its mistakes and invites less Chineae teams next time.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Best execution I saw all TI/in the pre-tourneys was the Mirana arrow -> sand king setup that EG was pulling off perfectly and effortlessly a few games (think this was at Summit... the shit was just automatic every damn time).

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think he is just being realistic. DK is the only Eastern team people give a fuck about.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Huh? IG is pretty popular and the way this tourney is going, I think Newbee will have a lot of fans by the time things are said and done as well.