DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think he is just being realistic. DK is the only Eastern team people give a fuck about.
Oh yeah need more garbage tier US and euro teams rather than chinese teams, would be a lot more interesting to watch for sure. Chinese teams get a lot of spots because they have a lot of good teams, as shown from their results. If the other regions had better teams, then they wouldn't get as many spots. They invited 5euro teams, 4 chinese teams, 1 US team(unless you wanna count C9 as "north america" even though they have 3 euros and 2 canadians) and one SEA team, then 1 more team from each region from qualifiers and 1 from wildcards(which happened to be US). The fact there's mostly chinese teams left isn't because they invited too many chinese teams(5 out of 16), it's just that the other teams weren't good enough. Inviting less teams would still not make the other teams better and instead you'd have like shitty teams pulling a MUFC and just waste fucking space and the main event would still be 4chinese teams(or however many you invite) and others.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont think Western fans like iG much after all the shit Chaun talked before ti3 about how they were going to obliterate everyone.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Plan on doing some inhouse games tonight. Prolly have a spot or two open if anyones interested around 8:00 cst.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do you have a 4-5 stack you often play with Daly? We should set up some games vs the Rerolled Nightly group.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I think my "crew" includes about 13 players at this point. We have atleast a 5 stack every night and lately on busy nights we've been fielding 10 or near it. Only issue with it all is the skil range varies big time, but we can usually fix that playing against each other because we know each other's skill levels. Basically our 3 newest players that have never played a game like this before are sub 2000. We have 3above 4k and everyone else is somewhere in the 3000's. We'd probably have to field our best 5 against the rr crew to make it competitive if I'm guessing who your players are correctly.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I think my "crew" includes about 13 players at this point. We have atleast a 5 stack every night and lately on busy nights we've been fielding 10 or near it. Only issue with it all is the skil range varies big time, but we can usually fix that playing against each other because we know each other's skill levels. Basically our 3 newest players that have never played a game like this before are sub 2000. We have 3above 4k and everyone else is somewhere in the 3000's. We'd probably have to field our best 5 against the rr crew to make it competitive if I'm guessing who your players are correctly.
Don't worry, we're not as good as you think.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Huh? IG is pretty popular and the way this tourney is going, I think Newbee will have a lot of fans by the time things are said and done as well.
To me the eastern players have no personality, or more specifically the language barrier prevents it from coming through. I guess someone could be a fan of a teams style (though I would argue other than DK the lack flare), I think most of the team fans are band wagoners just like Alliance had last year.

Best execution I saw all TI/in the pre-tourneys was the Mirana arrow -> sand king setup that EG was pulling off perfectly and effortlessly a few games (think this was at Summit... the shit was just automatic every damn time).
I forget who did it, but in one of the group stage matches someone used ES fissure to bump someone into the path of an arrow which was pretty impressive.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Keep perspective about other Esports - League / SCII - when it comes to finals, regional diversity, and skill. Sure top 8 this year is a bit on the Chinese heavy side, but EG has a real chance of taking the whole event. They are a legitimate favorite. In the other two big Esports this isn't even remotely the case. Last year the Chinese stunk at TI. This year, their top 5 teams all managed to redeem themselves. If we can only be so lucky to see 5/3 4/4 etc team splits for all future TI's in the top 8 - that fluctuates of course - not 1-5 Chinese year after year - but we haven't seen that yet at any TI. If EG and Navi or C9 go 2 in the top 4 does this change peoples view on how "lopsided" the top 8 is.

I think it is a very valid concern how the main event was handled this year from the perspective that only 8 of 16 teams will play a game at Key. If you traveled as a fan - I hope the 11 teams who are out of the tournament have some level of involvement with the event at the arena - even if its not playing games on stage. Curious to see how that all plays out.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just show me the best teams. I don't care where they are from I just want insane matches.

Also, pray the Koreans never get into the mix. If they put their esports infrastructure into Dota2 you really aren't going to enjoy the next TI.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Just show me the best teams. I don't care where they are from I just want insane matches.

Also, pray the Koreans never get into the mix. If they put their esports infrastructure into Dota2 you really aren't going to enjoy the next TI.
If the skill level keeps increasing as much as it has in the last 5 years, bring on the Koreans.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Feeling a bit inferior are we?
Dota has the chance to be a hit with mainsteam audiences but if it becomes perceived as a game primarily for tiny little oriental dweebs then white people will abandon it and all the money dries up.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Western fans" are fucking obsessed with ChuaN.
People making fun of him for looking like the 2 headed monster thing from Willow doesnt count. He hasnt said anything that stupid this year, hopefully last year was a humbling experience.

Prime_sl

shitlord
Finals at 9am PST on a Monday is retarded. I'll watch if Navi is playing, maybe if EG/c9 are playing, but no way I'm going to skip work to watch China vs. China.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The problem with china vs china is that I have seen all the possible matchups over 10 times in the last month due to barrage of the tournaments just before TI. It may have been very high level, but the games just blended together. East vs west is just rarer and offers much better storyline, even if it ends 22-0.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
People making fun of him for looking like the 2 headed monster thing from Willow doesnt count. He hasnt said anything that stupid this year, hopefully last year was a humbling experience.
No one at all was mad at him last year, they still loved him. They still love him now. You are misinformed.

Finals at 9am PST on a Monday is retarded. I'll watch if Navi is playing, maybe if EG/c9 are playing, but no way I'm going to skip work to watch China vs. China.
I'm guessing the time has to do with the fact that 80% of the viewers live in Europe/Asia.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Also - if valve employee's are running the tournament - maybe they like to work their normal work hours in Seattle.