DOTA 2

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
All Mason has to do in the midgame is keep arteezy alive. That should be his only goal while zai/ppd pick people off.

Prime_sl

shitlord
I think this is the worst format of a tournament I've ever seen. 8 teams don't even get to play in the main event. If I went there and na'vi was already knocked out I'd be furious. No tiebreaker game for 5/6 which is 500k vs. 60k, as glad as I am that navi got lucky and won the tiebreaker, sucks for Liquid as they got screwed out hard. First day of the main event just felt so anticlimatic. Why play all the winners bracket finals and already know the team going to the finals on Friday. So stupid. Last year it was intense games from moment 1 of the main event with all the bo1s. You win one game from the winners bracket and you are guaranteed top 3? I get you did good in the group stage, but that shit isnt exciting. Playing those high pressure matches in front of the audience is the point of a tournament. I'm going to still try to watch every match, but last 2 years felt so much more exciting, today didnt even feel like TI4.

Also, who the fuck decided on scheduling the finals at 9am PST on a monday. WTF? Why not start Thursday and end sunday? Not even like I can take a 1/2 day at work as it probably wont start until 10, and then may go ~5 hrs. I hope the rest of the tournament delivers but so far I've been let down quite a bit and most of that is due to the format and not the games.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
I think this is the worst format of a tournament I've ever seen. 8 teams don't even get to play in the main event. If I went there and na'vi was already knocked out I'd be furious. No tiebreaker game for 5/6 which is 500k vs. 60k, as glad as I am that navi got lucky and won the tiebreaker, sucks for Liquid as they got screwed out hard. First day of the main event just felt so anticlimatic. Why play all the winners bracket finals and already know the team going to the finals on Friday. So stupid. Last year it was intense games from moment 1 of the main event with all the bo1s. You win one game from the winners bracket and you are guaranteed top 3? I get you did good in the group stage, but that shit isnt exciting. Playing those high pressure matches in front of the audience is the point of a tournament. I'm going to still try to watch every match, but last 2 years felt so much more exciting, today didnt even feel like TI4.

Also, who the fuck decided on scheduling the finals at 9am PST on a monday. WTF? Why not start Thursday and end sunday? Not even like I can take a 1/2 day at work as it probably wont start until 10, and then may go ~5 hrs. I hope the rest of the tournament delivers but so far I've been let down quite a bit and most of that is due to the format and not the games.
Yeah this is pretty much the worst TI so far for me personally...scheduling is absolute garbage and the format is really bad...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't think the tiebreaker thing was unfair or whatever, they only did tiebreakers for slots that were a direct elimination or skip the phase3 tournament, in the middle they used their respective matches for ranking. In the end Liquid/Titan didn't lose on the money because of a random decision, they lost cause they played against LGD and Newbee and lost. You can argue that maybe they would have placed better replaying against Na'Vi and C9 and so wouldn't have had to play these games, but in both cases it would still have been up to them to win or lose.

Other than that though I agree, scheduling is pretty shit. They should have started with lower bracket and first WB match and left Newbee vs EG for later. They probably should have removed one of the rest days to make the finals end on sunday too. Add one more day but maybe lighten the loads during the days so it evens out. Not bothered by the date myself, but the whole Newbee in grand finals already is a bit meh. Can't hope for Na'Vi EG or some shit now, can just hope for EG or Na'Vi or C9 to make it and play Newbee. Didn't help the Newbee vs EG games were awful as fuck, EG looked like garbage in these matches. The first 4matches were really good and the Newbee DK games were anything but the stereotyped chinese games and then Newbee vs EG was like one sided stomp nonsense with one of the game degenerating into a long split push farming game because of fucking Naga(and even with Naga they managed to lose lategame).

Hope tomorrow is better, and definitely looking forward to the All stars at least.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think western teams are trying to draft some fancy shit vs china without believing in themselves and then when it doesn't really work, you end up with a stomp. Unless Navi pull a miracle, it looks like china vs china final this year

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Yeah, it's not the best. In addition to the whole knowing who's in the finals thing, I'm also feeling a bit of NCAA-type exhaustion with this format. So much going on in those group stages, an almost overwhelming amount of Dota and upsets and down to the wire finishes and then...a break. Followed by a tiny amount of Dota slowly given drip by drip. It's just really hard to work up the energy now.

Prime_sl

shitlord
Also, look at tomorrow. The 2nd round loser bracket games are scheduled to have game 1 of the BO3 played and the rest on Saturday. That isn't how dota is played, totally stupid to give a break in the middle of the series. I'm sure the players are really going to want to play in the all star match instead of thinking about the next 2 games that they have to play the following day. I watched every TI2&TI3 main event game (I mean every one) but I'm just not feeling it this time around even though 2 weeks ago I was more hyped than before either of the two TIs.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope they fire the person who made the decision to do grand finals at 9 am pst on a Monday.

Also the fact that we already have a team in the grand finals shows this ti was setup horribly.