Dota Underlords

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dominated pretty hard earlier with 1* savage and 2* summons items and ran 4 savage 2 druid 2 warlock. 3* venomancer absolutely wrecked the competition and I even threw in the new arc warden with moon shard which was really nice

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Right now I'd say mages due to the AOE are the best if you can get them up and running. Knights are still good as well.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Globals are pretty much shaping the game it seems.

Getting 2/3 star global whatevers and being able to build around them has always been a top 3 for me.

I did face some dude that had 3 demon hunter globals and a 3 star terrorblade that just destroyed everyone by himself and I had a really strong warlock build with 3, 3 stars.

Still liking assassins too. They are good to start with since even on losing streaks they usually kill a few targets so you don't take a lot of damage and if you get 3, 2 stars early they just mow down.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
New meta in the lower ranks is to get blood contract units and one other warlock, usually venomancer, early game to shit on everyone.

I'm rising through the ranks pretty steadily right now because lots of people build really strong early game and then fade in late game. I am usually mid to bottom until the late teens and then my money hoarding and selective unit picking pulls out and I end up top 3.

It is really a mistake to build the 9 rank alliances. They bonus they give over the 6 rank doesn't come close to matching the downside of having no defensive traits (assassins) or no offense (warriors). They really need to adjust the alliances and put in new units to help smooth alliance building.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I think it might be cool if all the alliances were based on twos (ie. bonuses for 2, 4 or 6 units). Even if it would ramp up the power curve a bit, it would add a lot more variety to gameplay to be able to mix and max alliances more freely. Also make it a bit less luck based since it would be a lot more likely you could build something useful out of whatever units you happen to roll.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I wouldn't mind it if they did it that way and adjusted the numbers a bit.

I'd also like an item store, but mainly due to the fact in games where comps are similar power getting a shit item from round 25+ is basically a death sentence.\

Edit: Finally got a game to work with Savage because I got two early tooth and claw and a nice warlock line up. Only lost 1 round.

sadfsdaff.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Globals are pretty much shaping the game it seems.

Getting 2/3 star global whatevers and being able to build around them has always been a top 3 for me.

I did face some dude that had 3 demon hunter globals and a 3 star terrorblade that just destroyed everyone by himself and I had a really strong warlock build with 3, 3 stars.

Still liking assassins too. They are good to start with since even on losing streaks they usually kill a few targets so you don't take a lot of damage and if you get 3, 2 stars early they just mow down.

I've noticed if you get a 2* terrorblade early it puts you in the drivers seat, once you get 3* terrorblade then like you said, he can basically kill the entire opposing squad if you have a few other units to soak for a few seconds...

I also feel that if you only get "item" rolls and not any complementary globals for druids,savage, demon, etc, then you are probably going to lose. at least for me.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Oh, and they really need to do something about Shadowfiend. Maybe make him a shaman instead of a warlock or something, but him being viable in nearly any comp just because of the sick ass explosion damage is pretty irritating. Lots of mid-game feels like it is won by whoever gets the first 2* shadowfiend.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, and they really need to do something about Shadowfiend. Maybe make him a shaman instead of a warlock or something, but him being viable in nearly any comp just because of the sick ass explosion damage is pretty irritating. Lots of mid-game feels like it is won by whoever gets the first 2* shadowfiend.

to your point - had two 2* shadowfiends, one with the refresher, wrecked everyone with 3 AOEs mid --> late game. i was one 1* away from shadow and lock being 3*s, lucked out. fiends + the healing = GG. for a $3 unit they are really powerful.
swayze1st727.png

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

to your point - had two 2* shadowfiends, one with the refresher, wrecked everyone with 3 AOEs mid --> late game. i was one 1* away from shadow and lock being 3*s, lucked out. fiends + the healing = GG. for a $3 unit they are really powerful.View attachment 216765

Yeah, he really should be a 4g unit. That would also make him rare enough that you wouldn't have to deal with two 2* before round 20. Of course, even after round 20 it is pretty devastating. I honestly don't know how to solve his problem without taking away the explosion. It is easily the best AoE in the game.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean he has AOE and one of the most devastating single target DPS in the game. Maybe up the cost on his ult so he doesn't get it like 3 seconds into the match.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
He tails off a bit late game if you can get that far. Biggest issue as already noted is that he's a warlock + AOE damage so he works in almost any comp because of that. 4g is probably a good fix in general though taking him out of warlock would probably be better.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the deal with nerfing 5g units so hard. The combination of increasing damage taken at early levels, mixed with less of a chance of getting them really puts a hamper on trying to use any 5g units. Plus they don't even feel as strong as they should for the difficulty of getting them.

• 1Like

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I agree that Shadowfiend could be moved to 4g. That said however, he does have counters in the form of demon hunters and scaled alliance if your opponents are really going all-in on the SFs (ie. 2 x SF 2*). I've turned games around against players who leaned too hard them.

LiquidDeath

What's the deal with nerfing 5g units so hard. The combination of increasing damage taken at early levels, mixed with less of a chance of getting them really puts a hamper on trying to use any 5g units. Plus they don't even feel as strong as they should for the difficulty of getting them.

I agree with you for all 5g units except the Troll Warlord. That dude just crushes.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The 5g units are all good in the right circumstance even at 1*. The issue is game length as none of them are pure garbage like Tide and Mirana.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Buddy of mine got strange bedfellows and a 3* terror blade. TB was racking up 14k damage a round.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The alliance item change was desperately needed. Excited to see how this changes now. Loss streak back in vogue?

faille

Molten Core Raider
Savage seems to be pretty great.
Need to combo with stuns or tanks but I've done pretty well with it so far