Dota Underlords

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think this game would be a lot better if skills weren't gated by both mana regeneration AND cooldowns, the Cooldowns aspect of it ruins a lot of the potential fun

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think this game would be a lot better if skills weren't gated by both mana regeneration AND cooldowns, the Cooldowns aspect of it ruins a lot of the potential fun

There's items and passives that mitigate to a certain extent. Even as is there's an argument to be made that you're better off maxing your board with all 1* or 2 * 4 and 5 cost units regardless of synergy due to AoE damage. If they were able to cast even more often then it would just be even more of a snoozefest waiting until you can field those units.

faille

Molten Core Raider
finally pulled off a shaman win. Got the global item which helps a lot too.
Took half the match to get the disruptor onto the field, but once he was there, with a blink dagger, I just started smashing teams.
disruptor blinking to the back and dropping his field almost instantly resulted in half the opponents team sitting without mana for the first 5+ seconds of the fight.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
finally pulled off a shaman win. Got the global item which helps a lot too.
Took half the match to get the disruptor onto the field, but once he was there, with a blink dagger, I just started smashing teams.
disruptor blinking to the back and dropping his field almost instantly resulted in half the opponents team sitting without mana for the first 5+ seconds of the fight.

Is there an achievement for that or did you just want to do it? Seems a painful way to try to win a game.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Is there an achievement for that or did you just want to do it? Seems a painful way to try to win a game.
I like to try and win with different alliances.
Shaman is actually pretty good. blooms late but only needs three, so just need to combo it with troll or warriors which are strong earlyy

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I started playing this today and am a pretty big fan. Any reason why I should switch to TFT instead? It just seems like the same game but with more RNG.

Still can't beat the hardcore bots, though. Best finish is second. Had a team of 6 evasion, 4 druid (1 3 star, the rest 2 star), anti-mage + terrorblade, puck + dragon knight; but got trashed at the very last few rounds by a team with that asshole ghost ship stun and an Arc Warden that just multiplied constantly.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I started playing this today and am a pretty big fan. Any reason why I should switch to TFT instead? It just seems like the same game but with more RNG.

Still can't beat the hardcore bots, though. Best finish is second. Had a team of 6 evasion, 4 druid (1 3 star, the rest 2 star), anti-mage + terrorblade, puck + dragon knight; but got trashed at the very last few rounds by a team with that asshole ghost ship stun and an Arc Warden that just multiplied constantly.

I compare TFT to Underlords like League to Dota but its the exact opposite. TFT is more unforgiving and has deeper gameplay compared to Underlords, at least currently. Similar to Dota, which is more unforigiving and has deeper gameplay compared to League.

TFT has more popularity because League has more popularity, but unless Underlords loses a lot of population that shouldn't matter.

As for you losing, late game synergies matter and usually 4 druids won't cut it, at least with the current balancing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like the shop changes, hopefully we'll be getting 3* units more consistently now so we can see those top-end hero buffs.

If anyone got gutted it was Enigma, damn!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I kind of feel like they are doing too much at once. I really liked the DAC approach of just touching a few heroes at a time and see what happens. Especially more towards the unused heroes than the too strong ones

Kiki

Log Wizard

I wouldn't switch just yet. It's fun with more item builds where you can create crazy carries, but if they don't fix item RNG it'll be a wash for me. I played yesterday and lost my win streak because someone had 2 completed items and I only had 1. So the gold I gained from not getting an item I immediately lost, and still was down an item. Feels shitty.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
for Enigma getting the classes changed is pretty oof

also fuck Kunkka, stupid fucking character

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Wow, pretty different meta seemingly. Am winning games going all in on Assassins which never happened before.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
And now it's turned into a Primordial/Arc Warden shit fest. Thankfully the devs already posted they'll address it this week as this is awful now.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I was on vacation for like 2.5 weeks and come back to this meta which is lol.

Getting a CM / AW or two is hilarious. Can pump up like 12 AW copies.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it was definitely a mistake making so many changes across the board, some of which being huge. Hopefully they've learned to take some baby steps.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It certainly doesn't reflect well on the team as it doesn't take that much time playing to see that Primordials are broken. AW gets out of control because attacking them puts your units in a 4 second stun. Neither Tiny or Razor should be $1 unit as well.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
RIP was fun while it lasted.

I can't find anything that feels dominating other than warlocks atm though assassins still feel nice.

Tried to make druid / savage / elusive work since I had pretty much every global buff item for it, but it dies hard in late game still.