Dracula Untold

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Be interesting to see how much of the historical Vlad Tepes makes the movie, hopefully they use the impaling of captured Turkish soldiers and the nailing of merchants turbans to their heads upon refusal to remove them. He really was kind of a Hardman/tyrant according to local Romanian history.
Judging from the trailer, I imagine he's going to start off as a noble/honorable ruler and throughout the movie slowly devolve into a tyrant as he becomes more and more vampire-ish, thus saving his family/people but at a huge cost.

I'm looking forward to this one and I'll be seeing it in theaters.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just got back from seeing this, so figured it was time to resurrect this thread.

It was...pretty much what you'd expect from the commercials: if you're looking for something deep or nuanced, pass this by; if you're looking to turn your brain off and watch Dracula wreck shit, then this wasn't too bad. Special effects were good, but whoever was in charge of the camera work apparently went to the "use the camera to obscure as much of the action as possible" school of thought, at least for some of the scenes.

Overall, don't regret the price of a ticket and popcorn, but probably not going to bother buying the blu-ray.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I enjoyed this movie more than I thought I was going to.

Pretty fast paced, very Hollywood plot though. I wouldn't even mind a sequel if they make one, although it's October so who knows how the numbers will be at the box office.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I really enjoyed this, but it's definitely a popcorn flick. There were several things that didn't really make sense, so don't think about it too much (which means lots of people on this board won't be able to enjoy it!).

In particular, I liked the ending. Minor spoiler below:

First of all, I thought it was cool that it was loosely based on Vlad the Impaler. Maybe this was mentioned in the previews but I didn't realize it beforehand. I also liked how they jumped to the present day at the end and had Vlad meet Mina, who I assume is Mina Harker. I'm not sure how well it's doing at the box office, but I would like to see a sequel that picks up in the present with Vlad, Mina, and Charles Dance's character that is a twist on Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Siliconemelons

I really enjoyed this, but it's definitely a popcorn flick. There were several things that didn't really make sense, so don't think about it too much (which means lots of people on this board won't be able to enjoy it!).

In particular, I liked the ending. Minor spoiler below:

First of all, I thought it was cool that it was loosely based on Vlad the Impaler. Maybe this was mentioned in the previews but I didn't realize it beforehand. I also liked how they jumped to the present day at the end and had Vlad meet Mina, who I assume is Mina Harker. I'm not sure how well it's doing at the box office, but I would like to see a sequel that picks up in the present with Vlad, Mina, and Charles Dance's character that is a twist on Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Wow, loved this movie but I am a huge CV fan as I said... and this was very Lord of Shadow-esque.

I never though about the ending like quoted above... that would be awesome and does seem to have that setup.

Loved it, I'll buy the bluray to support it, hope for an extended cut... there was a lot they could have expanded on but it was not so cut it sucked.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really liked this movie, I came home and downloaded it to watch it again I enjoyed it so much. The lannister dad from game of thrones played an awesome master vampire.

We really need more movies like this and John Wick where the main dudes go ham from the start of the movie.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel like I watched a different movie because I fell asleep.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wish it was just about Count Tywin. Guess he never dies just hides in a mountain cave waiting on Dracula or Qyburn to save him.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I found it rather boring myself. It wasn't bad, it just didn't really interest me at all, when I really wanted it to.

The 1st part of the movie had me interested , till he put his powers to use for the 1st time and I just slapped myself and turned it off. Too bad really, looked promising from start.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thought it was meh. Aside from the scene when he first visits the cave the film sacrifices horror elements for action. Similar problem with Bram Stoker's Dracula where they forget the chiils and went overboard with eroticism But at least that film is redeemed by Winona Ryder's titty bouncing scene. Was kind of surprised to see a vampire movie with no female nudity, wtf!