Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see anything inaccurate about this statement.
Of course there isn't, but Craig is an empty suit who's just here because there's money to be made, and he doesn't know (or even care) about MMORPGs.

I bet he doesn't even know what a NAG forum was. If he knew, he could have guessed what a 15 year old MMORPG forum would have looked like.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So what is an honest likelihood of a_skeleton_03 purchasing rerolled from Craig? Is it...

A) very
B) somewhat
C) not very

...likely?
He's in talks now, but I would rate it as somewhat likely. Of course, i haven't checked for new posts on rere yet, it could already be decided. But as of last night it was not, I think suenig was about to make the first offer.

The new forum is literally the two biggest fuckwads on the board,

Someone sold a board that no one contributed a penny towards to a guy who plans no changes,
Who are the 2 fuckwads?

I don't know how you didn't realize people had donated money to the site. You must have had your head stuck in the sand. Hell, people had donated since the deal went through. In the last 3 months I remember 4 or 5 people, including me, complaining about donating and not having access to the special forum. Mods were just manually fixing the access problems because no one knew why the automation was broke.

Motherfucker, I wasn't really pissed at draegan before but now that I realized I donated to his sorry ass after he sold the site, I am. The fucking donate link is still active. I just checked and I'm glad I did because I forgot the fucking thing thing is set up as an automatic payment.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You aren't crazy Khane, I get it and I agree. They can't see the whole picture or far enough into the future to understand how that effects the board as a whole. Some people can't see things from a perspective other then their own. They are hardcore posters who probably check most forums and read almost every new post each day. Many users do not. They wait for the more active people to let them know about the best threads, then check them out later. I've gone and read through dozens of pages on old epic threads that I missed the first time around, or because it was in a sub-forum I never check. I was months late on j4's whore thread, for example.

Every time we migrate and lose old threads, the community shrinks more and more. It becomes harder for new posters to acclimate themselves because they have no frame of reference for the inside jokes and histories of various personalities. I mean, if the history is irrelevant, why not just have the forum delete posts after a month? What about a week? That's basically just a large chat room now. That's what astro is basically referring to, when he says you can just keep a history of the epic moments in your head, a chat room.
Its not a chatroom, but it aint all a bunch of classics either. Out of the thousands of threads created, how many are HoF worthy? And how many do you read or even plan to read? Yeah, i rest my case

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
There's also a lot of really funny shit that has happened over the years. Case in point, the mention of Millie in this very thread within the last 72 hours as a point made by people who were around for that.

New members, if there actually are any, would have no idea what the fuck you were talking about. That's the kind of history that should be preserved.

Tyen? Trex? Again, another thing new members would have no reference to. Yet people mention it and use it enough that it would be nice to be able to go back and read about.
I strongly agree with you and am advocating for a content merge on the new site. Obviously, if the domain/site is purchased it's a no brainer. I also don't understand the very flippant attitude many have towards the existing content-- it's four years of quality memories.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Blame the faggot Craig for us not getting OUR content back. He's going full blown jewbag about it. We made the right call ducking out of this shithole for sure.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Well, now I know how someone as obviously retarded as Draegan became a mod. It was pretty obvious he was a major league douchebag from the start. Should have seen this coming guys.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I strongly agree with you and am advocating for a content merge on the new site. Obviously, if the domain/site is purchased it's a no brainer. I also don't understand the very flippant attitude many have towards the existing content-- it's four years of quality memories.
FYI, looks like that's not going to happen. They want too much for us to buy it back. More even than Alexa says it's worth, and he claimed he was willing to sell it at a loss.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats fine, they can enjoy the traffic from these half dozen posters who comment on abandoned threads. Mrs Gravy, have you tried to screenshot all your husbands posts and then just saving it in a flash drive so this way you will always have them?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah that sounds fucking easy. Why don't you go screen shot every gravy post in history for her since you care so much?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI, looks like that's not going to happen. They want too much for us to buy it back. More even than Alexa says it's worth, and he claimed he was willing to sell it at a loss.
lol sounds like Draegan fucked this empty suit really good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah that sounds fucking easy. Why don't you go screen shot every gravy post in history for her since you care so much?
What? Whats your problem, if you had a loved one instead of being a heartless monster you may one day realize wahat "a labor of love" actually means.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I honestly wish you could realize how obnoxious you're being here. You said earlier that you weren't in charge of anything, but when you're making 99% of the posts about the other forums here there's a pretty good chance that you're going to represent some facet of those forums to people here. You're going to color their perception. This is a really simple, 100-level concept that you shouldn't need explained to you, especially since you used the phrase vox populi.

Maybe you think that it only comes down to people choosing between Rerolled and Rererolled, but I assure you that it doesn't. I'd wager any amount of money that there are members here who don't want to leave, but they know that they'll eventually need to leave here one way or another. Maybe in a month, maybe in a year. So their choice isn't so much staying or leaving, it's more a choice between leaving for Rererolled or quitting the community wholesale. So when you're being an absolutely obnoxious prick in this thread, you're risking driving people away from the community wholesale just so you can argue in this thread.

a_skeleton_03 approached it properly: make the choice available and make as few posts about it as possible. Let people know what's going on and that there is an alternative without getting into fights over it. If I were a_skeleton_03 I might actually be pissed that you're over here alienating people from the community after putting in all the work that he has. I'm actually at the point that I was asking myself if it might be better for literally everyone involved, on both forums, if I just straight up banned you over here. Because the people who are going to willingly head over there don't need you to convince them and have mostly left already, and those who are unwilling or reluctant to move might very well choose to leave the overall FOH community instead of moving if they start thinking that your posting here represents what the new forums will be like.
wish I had your patience, but I don't. Well said as always. I am not even antimove it's just IMO a shame to see a second forum that I gave a shit about go poof.

Ok, soooo ... registered over at ReReRolled.

- the software is better in pretty much every way
- mobile is not only "usable" but quite good (need to use "full site" option here to make this forum remotely usable on mobile)
- the upvote system is a lot better
- seems like most of the big threads and a lot of folks have already made the transition

Might soften the blow for some. I wasn't enthusiastic about moving, yet again, but gotta say the grass really is greener.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might soften the blow for some. I wasn't enthusiastic about moving, yet again, but gotta say the grass really is greener.
The green is from all the toxic poisonous fertilizer a_skeleton_03 is using. Might look nice now, but over time its going to build up to deadly levels.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The green is from all the toxic poisonous fertilizer a_skeleton_03 is using. Might look nice now, but over time its going to build up to deadly levels.
And that's why you'll always remain inferior to others with that immature outlook on life. Enjoy the crappy life though.