Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd be curious why the silence from the owners(Draegan and who else)? Why afraid to say back in june you were selling or sold it? Sure you probably still get called names from the usual posters but keeping mum about it for over a month just makes it entirely worse. What's worse is its found out by users on accident and who knows how long it would it could of kept going until someone noticed.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just to correct one minor error there, it was found out when Tuco posted about it in the least read thread practically on the whole forum at 7:30 am this morning.

Then we did the whois for confirmation because at first we all thought he was trolling.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Just to correct one minor error there, it was found out when Tuco posted about it in the least read thread practically on the whole forum at 7:30 am this morning.

Then we did the whois for confirmation because at first we all thought he was trolling.
Tuco = Uncle Tom.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh? Well that's something at least. Though I don't think he is a owner(just a higher mod) so not sure he has any involvement in the actual site assets. I am more curious about draegan's(and if others own it, dunno exactly) silence for so long. If it was a simple business deal then just say so back when it happened. Why all the shush shush about it, until Tuco post about it this morning(after I assume learning of it?).

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh? Well that's something at least. Though I don't think he is a owner(just a higher mod) so not sure he has any involvement in the actual site assets. I am more curious about draegan's(and if others own it, dunno exactly) silence for so long. If it was a simple business deal then just say so back when it happened. Why all the shush shush about it, until Tuco post about it this morning(after I assume learning of it?).
He was hoping nobody would notice.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Reminds me of the vogons telling Earth that they told them about the destruction of the planet, they just stuck the announcement on a planet light years away in a drawer in a basement.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Still. Dude made way less than he could have if he just told Borzak, Rich Canadian, Rich Software Guy, and maybe Cad whatever the standing offer was.

And that's just top of my head. If the price was around $5k or something most of the regulars would prob consider buying it.

Draegan doesn't understand the art of the deal. Hence why he is so HRC! It all makes sense now!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tuco was basically Draegan's mouthpiece to the community.
So you say. You obviously have a bias against certain people and your post history doesn't exactly lend to any credibility.

If reading from other threads(which I never visit) Tuco knew for 10 days now. So still bad for not saying that day or day after but hardly some mastermind of the situation or making profits from it(like the owners). Obviously no one really knows the entire situation unless Draegan/Tjlair(sp) actually spill the beans, but considering they have been hiding it for months now and are still silent pretending nothing is happening(besides Tjlair's mocking post about new servers/tech people, the guy who has said multiple times in the past he didn't really care about this site and it was always on back-burner in the back of his mind).

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Uh, no, that's how its always been since the website was formed in the ashes of Jeff being outed as a dude.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
everyone BAIL
Ahhhh.

sg7Eiwh.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So you say. You obviously have a bias against certain people and your post history doesn't exactly lend to any credibility.

If reading from other threads(which I never visit) Tuco knew for 10 days now. So still bad for not saying that day or day after but hardly some mastermind of the situation or making profits from it(like the owners). Obviously no one really knows the entire situation unless Draegan/Tjlair(sp) actually spill the beans, but considering they have been hiding it for months now and are still silent pretending nothing is happening(besides Tjlair's mocking post about new servers/tech people, the guy who has said multiple times in the past he didn't really care about this site and it was always on back-burner in the back of his mind).
I stand by my decision to wait until the forum was fixed to announce it because if i didnt have any confidence in the new owners i would have backed up the entire forum, worked to create a new home, recreate the content there, build up accounts for everyone and found a way to inform everyone of the new community. It would have been the third time ive helped move the community to a new home, and i wouldnt have had those options available if the new owners were hostile and i spilled the beans when i heard about it.

Keep in mind i found out roughly long after it was finalized.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I can't possibly imagine how the new owners won't turn this is into some regressive anti-GG SJW cesspool.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I would have paid 10k or so for this site, tbh. I personally trust Tuco, but it won't make me stay here. The best description so far was whomever said earlier, we're not a deck of cards to be bought and sold. We are what makes the community. MMORPG.com can go enjoy their SJW garbage.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I don't like the way you handled this Tuco but thank you for everything you have done for the community.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I can't possibly imagine how the new owners won't turn this is into some regressive anti-GG SJW cesspool.
MMORPG.com is one of the original anti-GG shitholes that deleted threads and banned users during the first days of GG. In fact they had a couple mentions in the gamejournopro mailing list.

I wouldn't be surprised if cleaning house NEOGAF-style was a precondition of the sale.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It's like selling the Crypt safehouse to the Bloods! Terrible analogies continue!

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
MMORPG.com is one of the original anti-GG shitholes that deleted threads and banned users during the first days of GG. In fact they had a couple mentions in the gamejournopro mailing list.

I wouldn't be surprised if cleaning house NEOGAF-style was a precondition of the sale.
Yeah, that's my point. There's no way they leave the culture of this site as is. Had they even LOOKED at this site before? Did they just make an offer based on site traffic and a bunch of video game keywords?