Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
As much as I like that the community jumped and made a new home for us. Let's monitor the situation and see if our new Master is decent.
Stuff like this always makes me wary. You get reassurances that "nothing will change, business as usual", and perhaps that's true for a while, but the new guy didn't buy the site out of the goodness of his heart. Ultimately, there has to be some motivation of profitability otherwise why would he have any interest in purchasing a new messageboard when he already has one far larger and more active than this one? I'm not one to attribute nefarious deeds to someone we don't know, but at the end of the day, itissomeone we don't know and why should he hold the reins to our community? This community has developed its own personality for more than a decade and I'm going to have a hard time trusting that someone who has never posted here before isn't going to eventually want to step in at some point and make his mark.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'll remake it for ya brah!
Let me know when the transfer is complete...
tongue.png

I like going back and seeing the improvement in results. I already purged a lot of the pictures from my computer. Maybe I'll just download the thread.

Onwards and Upwards!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco could have been in legal trouble I'm guessing if he had revealed the move before it happened, everyone moved and then Draegan couldn't sell or the sale got cancelled.

Blaming him doesn't seem right with the information we have so far.
From the whois they transferred the site in June.

I found out about it on July 20 when the new owners contacted me to let me know what was happrning to the servers. I had no agreement to keep it secret and no part or knowledge of the sale. I gave them a chance to fix the servers before announcing it this morning, and to discuss their vision for the site. If they did not fix the servers or had a different vision for the community the announcement I made would have been very different.

In my opinion, for now it is sensible to give them a chance to keep their word before jumping ship. We have several options for doing so, including rererolled.

Btw, i still have copies of around 30? of the most important fohguild.org threads, but nobody has offered to host them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I really dont care as long as the people move with us. Seems we lose at least 50-75% of our base every time some power corrupted asshole flushes the community down the toilet.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Did we lose are ability to change signatures, or am I just being paranoid/dumb?

That's the only thing I can't edit right now in my profile.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
330 registered members onReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

That is around the usual average of logged in users + guests for this forum on a daily basis according to the track at the bottom of the page.

We're not losing 50-75% of people this time because we had a chance to get the news out.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eww MMORPG.com. You literally cannot say one thing on that forum that might hurt someones feelings or you get 3 day suspensions.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
From the whois they transferred the site in June.

I found out about it on July 20 when the new owners contacted me to let me know what was happrning to the servers. I had no agreement to keep it secret and no part or knowledge of the sale. I gave them a chance to fix the servers before announcing it this morning, and to discuss their vision for the site. If they did not fix the servers or had a different vision for the community the announcement I made would have been very different.

In my opinion, for now it is sensible to give them a chance to keep their word before jumping ship. We have several options for doing so, including rererolled.

Btw, i still have copies of around 30? of the most important fohguild.org threads, but nobody has offered to host them.
Keep their word? What word?

There has been no public comment from past or current owners. This is part of the problem.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
You didn't think the community would have wanted to know this? Why not saying something the day you found out? Why would people want to stay on a site owned by people who have no history or affiliation with it?
I can see listening to their vision before leaving

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait so all the server troubles for the past couple weeks have been them migrating over? While the people in charge just pretended not to know what was going on?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I believe They migrated in june and the issues we had two weeks ago were caused by them fixing some long standing issues or something.