Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We're not a community bro, we're family, direct family with the same two parents.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
"I don't like nice things so you guys shouldn't be allowed to have it! Why doesn't the world just cater to all my tastes and interests and have no concern for anyone, particularly a large overwhelming majority of people, besides myself!!!"

K then.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why don't you forget about all this and just go argue mortgage shit with cad, and if you don't like it, don't do it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The new forums being spearheaded by hodj and a_skeleton_03 is the feather in the cap of the shit sandwich this place turned into over the years.
The new forum isn't spear headed by me, you retard.

I'm just a regular user over there.

And a_skeleton_03 is in the process of setting it up so that the forum is spearheaded by....the community...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why don't you forget about all this and just go argue mortgage shit with cad, and if you don't like it, don't do it.
It is time for me to lay my tuconots down. Or hang them up. On my dick.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Khane, I made my last post on RR but I am going to break the sanctity of that (because fuck this place) to offer you a siren's call. Come over to the light. The water here is hot, but soothing.

I've put down internetz and post counts several times. The memory of your intelligence and contribution to us all will remain encoded not on the 1's and 0's of the HDD that is the machinery of this place, but rather in the biological computers of each person that is adding to the 1's and 0's that are the machinery of this place. Of... us. Whatever the fuck we are.

The mind of all of us calls. To you brother! We are your witnesses.

Witnessed!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I am Vox Populi.

Wherever men may gather in one place, I have authoritah.
I honestly wish you could realize how obnoxious you're being here. You said earlier that you weren't in charge of anything, but when you're making 99% of the posts about the other forums here there's a pretty good chance that you're going to represent some facet of those forums to people here. You're going to color their perception. This is a really simple, 100-level concept that you shouldn't need explained to you, especially since you used the phrase vox populi.

Maybe you think that it only comes down to people choosing between Rerolled and Rererolled, but I assure you that it doesn't. I'd wager any amount of money that there are members here who don't want to leave, but they know that they'll eventually need to leave here one way or another. Maybe in a month, maybe in a year. So their choice isn't so much staying or leaving, it's more a choice between leaving for Rererolled or quitting the community wholesale. So when you're being an absolutely obnoxious prick in this thread, you're risking driving people away from the community wholesale just so you can argue in this thread.

a_skeleton_03 approached it properly: make the choice available and make as few posts about it as possible. Let people know what's going on and that there is an alternative without getting into fights over it. If I were a_skeleton_03 I might actually be pissed that you're over here alienating people from the community after putting in all the work that he has. I'm actually at the point that I was asking myself if it might be better for literally everyone involved, on both forums, if I just straight up banned you over here. Because the people who are going to willingly head over there don't need you to convince them and have mostly left already, and those who are unwilling or reluctant to move might very well choose to leave the overall FOH community instead of moving if they start thinking that your posting here represents what the new forums will be like.

rad

Lord of Guk
This cesspool of semi-anonymous buffoons dating back to CotD in UO has been my home and a gem among the webs. The value of this community is in the struggle of opinions, don't cheat yourself and everyone here by jumping on the grenade over this!Stay in the FIGHT maggot!

Pops

Why haven't you banned him? You seem to be another Draegan mouthpiece hoping to keep this place afloat. When the vast majority of your community has voted with their feet.

Feels is not going to be your life preserver.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think its safe to say that hodj gets a little overexcited about getting everyone over to the new board, most of us would like a smooth transition, we didnt jump the gun, as soon as we started to leave here to Re2 connor mccloud ran right over here to threaten us if we left he would change the board. if thats all it took for somebody to do that and we would always have to worry about it then it was for the best that we did leave.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I don't expect the vast majority of posters here to understand the points being made by people who are upset that a few loud personalities wanted to vacate this site and burn it to the ground immediately without even attempting to explore other avenues or salvage the history we have here first and foremost.
Exactly. They definitely don't understand it and don't want to try. It would require admitting they did anything other then the 100% perfect response.

as soon as we started to leave here to Re2 connor mccloud ran right over here to threaten us if we left he would change the board.
How is that a threat?
If none of us are here, what the fuck would we care about the site anymore? A threat has to be something that would effect you, that wouldn't.

I don't get how people are reading the same words I am, and coming up with completely different responses to those words. That was the new owner making an introduction and explaining the situation. Multiple people had theorized they were going to change the site, he was responding to that claim by saying the only way they would ever change it was IF everyone had left and they were stuck with an empty forum, only THEN would they try to salvage it into something else marginally useful. That's not a fucking threat, that's basic business, jesus christ.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No there is no 100% perfect response. You are acting like yours is.

Staying was an option, until I found out they had owned it for months. Months with no fixes not to mention communication from them or Draegan either.

This is classic battered wife syndrome. If we just stay for a while longer there might be a change. I mean look guys there are fewer database errors and double posts. Sure there is zero communication but they promised to maybe eventually discuss things with us.

I was just done with it. Maybe only 5 people would have came with me and then I would have realized I was wrong. Do you remember when I bought other domain name and made the initial forum? It was like a week before we found all of this out. I set it up and maybe a dozen people signed up. It was just a quick thing "In case of emergency break glass". After a few days I even completely turned it off, we didn't need it but at any moment I could flip that switch back on.

Yes hodj is starting to grate on people maybe. He's not my dog to leash though and I think that is important. I am not "running things" like some kind of leader other than ensuring a space is there. I am setting as little policies as I can that don't pertain to keeping a website running and working. If someone is spamming like that over there and causing issues that I can control then I will, over there.

To the new owners making a threat, I agree it wasn't one but just the facts. That is exactly what a company should do if a community has died out, turn it off. That's the point though, they are a company that has a duty to make money from this. That bothers us. It is just as much of a threat as knowing that if you don't use a condom with Lori then you are going to get a disease. The threat isn't someone telling you to wear a condom, the threat is the reality causing them to have to tell you that.

Khane, come or don't but don't pretend it isn't anything more than just looking for an excuse to quit. You already alluded to that being the primary reason and every post after that has been flailing for a legit reason to not come over. Eventually one of two things will happen. One is that you go to this URL and are greeted with a registration page, or two you go to this URL and get a 404 with no forum. The third possibility is you come to this URL and you login with your current account but on the new software. What will you do then? You have the luxury of essentially making no decision right now because there are options. Like Sophie though the decision will be made for you eventually and you just need to figure out what you are going to do when that time comes.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll be over there. It already looks like the main MMORPG forum hasn't seen a new post since yesterday at 9am.

Anyone seen a change in their Web Filter blocks? Five places got back to me and recategorized Rererolled as Newsgroups.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I honestly wish you could realize how obnoxious you're being here
You know what's really obnoxious to me?

People coming up with the same 3 stupid excuses that were already rebutted 1000 times 4 days previously to justify hemming and hawing and pussy footing around.

That's pretty fucking obnoxious.

a_skeleton_03 has been too busy, especially the first couple of days, responding to requests and setting up the new forums to do the promoting.

The reality is you're myopic to the point of willful ignorance. People attacked a_skeleton_03 and I from the get go on this, despite it being theobvious best possible solution, particularly after Monday when things began to solidify in our favor so dramatically. Now people continue to attack us, and frankly, a_skeleton_03 has been way too fucking busy setting up the community to do the recruiting I did, especially in those first few days. Further, and I want to make this perfectly clear: He never asked me to recruit for the site. I never offered to do it for him. We have exchanged exactly0private messages about this. Every contact we've had on this has been 100% in the public eye. He has not one time asked me to promote the site. Nothing. There is zero actual collusion here. I took it upon myself to drive the community to the new site becauseI give a shit about this community.

So, I and others have responded in kind to the attacks thrown our way. You may think I should just sit back while the bitter clingers and butthurts throw their two minutes of hate at me in their impotent rage over the changes and take it, but I don't think I should. I don't think I should have to sit by while people question a_skeleton_03 and my own motives and intentions, and then use that to promote the idea that everyone should stay here, on aging hardware, in a community owned by a disinterested third party. Those people have, whether they realize it or not, the community'sworst interests at heart.

The fact that you think threatening to ban me from over here

1. Is even remotely a threat at this point
and
2. Wouldn't just be more fuel for the fire of what we're saying about how, once McGregor's company starts getting involved over here, a move as smooth and trouble free as we've had would be impossible because the admins would be able to ban and word filter and shut down any attempt to move to a new community

Is just fucking sad at this point.

There's nothing to ban over here. There's no over here left to ban someone from.

My plan has been from about Tuesday to stop coming here once it seems like we've gotten all but the most bitter clingers.

We reached that point in the past 24 hours or so. The traffic has come to a near halt in all but this thread. The only people posting are basically the one or two bitter clingers, most of whom have already admitted they've created an account at the new site, or that they were planning on quitting anyway and this is their excuse to do so.

But my motto on this shit was simple: As few men (and women, and men pretending to be women) left behind as possible. And I wasn't going to leave the battlefield till the war was well and truly won.

And I think this is a good post to end on, so I'm signing out and deleting the bookmark now.

See my sig if you still haven't figured out where the community has moved to yet.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Hodj will be back in a week when the new forums shit the bed/a_skeleton_03 starts taking a salary as CEO of his "non-profit".