Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The more I'm playing multiplayer the more I'm enjoying it. It's still not as fun as ME3 because it's not an FPS, but it's alright once you have access to decent items and more interesting classes.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The more I'm playing multiplayer the more I'm enjoying it. It's still not as fun as ME3 because it's not an FPS, but it's alright once you have access to decent items and more interesting classes.
I agree. I just got into this finally yesterday and today, and at first I was like, alright, this sucks.

Then I started to see what was going on, levelled up a few classes into the teens (they go pretty fast), unlocked a few others, and thought, alright, I can see how this can suck you in. Maybe not as addicting as ME3 (yet, depending on if they do anything more to it), but still fun in its own way. I'm enjoying it, at least.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got 2 classes in the low teens and its pretty dull. It's also hilariously unbalanced. On routine they're pretty much all faceroll, except for the demon commander who can consistently fucking one shot you with an almost impossible to dodge attack. Then if you manage to survive that you still have to get out of range of his 5 second pbaoe terrify.

It's like Collectors in ME3 except you can't choose who you will fight in DAI.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Routine sucks. Like, sucks really bad. Threatening is actually pretty fun once you have decent gear. Sometimes you actually fail on the boss, but it's not a huge loss when you do, but it's a nice bonus when you win.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I will give them some credit: failing operations isn't nearly as disastrous to your xp and gold earned as it was in ME3. I've stayed in groups that have wiped on the boss wave because it was still a decent group. If you failed on anything but Platinum Collectors in ME3 you probably needed to find some new dudes.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
20/21 regions in Exalted Plains *grumble*. I googled it, seems like a common problem.

I seem to have nothing left to do but the post-ballroom zone. Is that the final zone? Can I return to Skyhold during/after? I've got a ton of stuff left on my war council map, so I'm basically just jerking off right now while that's being handled.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
20/21 regions in Exalted Plains *grumble*. I googled it, seems like a common problem.

I seem to have nothing left to do but the post-ballroom zone. Is that the final zone? Can I return to Skyhold during/after? I've got a ton of stuff left on my war council map, so I'm basically just jerking off right
now while that's being handled.
Arbor Wilds mission is NOT the last mission, there is one more after that which specifically tells you that it is the final mission in the game. Important mission though, two interesting results from the "choice" at the end of the mission.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've got 2 classes in the low teens and its pretty dull. It's also hilariously unbalanced. On routine they're pretty much all faceroll, except for the demon commander who can consistently fucking one shot you with an almost impossible to dodge attack. Then if you manage to survive that you still have to get out of range of his 5 second pbaoe terrify.

It's like Collectors in ME3 except you can't choose who you will fight in DAI.
The demon commander is one of the easier bosses if you have the right classes in the group. My friend and I consistently duo perilous with a keeper & elementalist, regardless of boss.

The damning thing about multiplayer that shows up after you figure everything out is that casters > everything. There is 0 reason to play anything other than a caster if you want to steamroll stuff, especially on perilous. Necros with Walking Bomb that spreads coupled with Death Siphon and the ghost mode passive (triggers on death) makes you basically unkillable, the elementalist has Death Siphon AND Barrier, which is crazy OP. Not to mention they all have gross targeted AE spells that you can use with other casters to abuse choke points.

If you've been pugging I can understand why it'd be not so fun. Especially with the gear curve in this game it can be pretty sad early on.

With that said, if you can manage to get a consistent group that aren't retards you can farm up the gold to start getting more gear and the game becomes easy. The upgraded armors for each class make a huge difference since armor is straight damage reduction. The same goes for weapons since all abilities & auto-attack are all based on weapon damage. For example the Arcane Warrior can get 30% of damage dealt back as a barrier, which makes you unkillable with a 140+ DPS staff, especially when you're using Vortex and the lightsaber to it's full effect.

At the top end you can solo routine on just about any character and threatening is no problem to carry 3 randoms and win. Once you have a good group you can do nothing but perilous and have staggered leveling (i.e.: two people with characters at 12+ and two people at level one) and you will be able to farm out prestige really fast. One perilous run for a level one takes you to level 10 iirc and if you're all playing casters, each prestige is +1 willpower.

TL;DR: play casters in MP and win. Demon commander loses to barrier everytime.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord

I seem to have nothing left to do but the post-ballroom zone. Is that the final zone? Can I return to Skyhold during/after? I've got a ton of stuff left on my war council map, so I'm basically just jerking off right now while that's being handled.
Plains is bugged. There's a specific section of the map that does not change, and that is the 21st area. Some people have managed to get it, but aren't sure how they did it. They tweeted it at Mike Laidlaw and they're apparently looking into it.

You can return to Skyhold after that scene, but all of the dialogue and whatnot is super clipped, so I made sure in my "complete" playthrough to do everything before the last sprint. It just feels more organic that way.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah I left the final story missions starting from just before the elf area on. Did all the other quests and story and then did those. Glad I did because the pacing would of been all off had I stopped and just did random crap in between.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'm afraid the last sequence is just going to be so easy that it won't feel epic. I should make my characters all fight naked with Inquisitor Hats.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm afraid the last sequence is just going to be so easy that it won't feel epic. I should make my characters all fight naked with Inquisitor Hats.
Well with non optimal tier 3 daggers I think the last boss took a minute, including various phase changes, so yeah, you might want to downgrade your gear if you want it to be challenging. I didn't mind too much, just wanted to be done with it as it was dragging on a bit.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I don't appreciate the inquisition perks maxing at 20. I haven't even bought the majority of the influence I can. What's the point of all that influence? And I've got like 400 more power than I need. If someone skipped a bunch of content and wanted to spend $$ to get influence, they wouldn't be able to afford to buy the expensive stuff anyway.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Just started playing this an hour ago and can tell the keyboard and mouse controls were a complete afterthought. Is everyone here using a controller?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Remap a couple keys and you get used to the controls like an hour after you stop bitching about them.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only 12 hours into the game, and level 6. Working my way through Storm Coast, and saw the dragon fighting a giant. Then the dragon flew away, and the I killed the giant. He bugged out though and never attacked me. So just beat up his legs until he died. Is this some kind of level check? Why did the dragon fly away?

Friend of mine says he doesn't collect any of the shards, because it doesn't give him anything. Do they ever give you anything? I like collecting them because it's fun to try and find them, and also many times while trying to find a shard, it leads me into other cool stuff.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The shards give you some resist buffs and some gear in the vault in Forbidden Oasis.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Enjoying your vids, Barellron. I made a Reaver (not to Skyhold yet though) earlier this morning. Just getting to Storm Coast now but I decided to do the level 8-12 undead marsh area after Hinterlands instead of going straight to Storm Coast. Gotta say, didn't expect to be able to handle it but I am easily doing enough damage and can take hits for days. I almost feel like I have way more maneuverability and utility than my rogue! It's insane and kind of pisses me off but I am definitely enjoying it haha.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Enjoying your vids, Barellron. I made a Reaver (not to Skyhold yet though) earlier this morning. Just getting to Storm Coast now but I decided to do the level 8-12 undead marsh area after Hinterlands instead of going straight to Storm Coast. Gotta say, didn't expect to be able to handle it but I am easily doing enough damage and can take hits for days. I almost feel like I have way more maneuverability and utility than my rogue! It's insane and kind of pisses me off but I am definitely enjoying it haha.
Thanks! Yeah, not sure what you picked up for skills yet but the combat roll is really versatile and the chain grab lets you isolate enemies which helps a lot early on. I started my solo run as sword and shield and intended to finish that way but 2-hander is way more fun and challenging. I may have to pick up Block and Slash though, to make it through the higher level rifts. Arcane Horrors and Despair Demons are the absolute worst, I carry extra resist gear for them. Cake with a shield, though.