Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The more I'm playing multiplayer the more I'm enjoying it. It's still not as fun as ME3 because it's not an FPS, but it's alright once you have access to decent items and more interesting classes.
The more I play the more I feel inclined to join routine games with some mid level players and afk.

Its a lot like D3, where the item hunt wasn't rewarding enough so people eventually started botting. I am waiting for someone to make a bot that can solo routine runs in fact.

They need to step that shit up. I bought like 50 large chests so far and have a 229 dps dagger, a 125 dps staff (upgraded), and most of the classes unlocked. Sure, you could say its "range", but thats what people said about D3 and it simply doesn't feel very rewarding.

Also, the fact that willpower > all, for all classes besides rogue types, is pretty broken also.

I understand this game was meant to be single-player oriented for the most part, its just a bit frustrating that their multiplayer is actually enjoyable, and could be excellent given some adjustments to the stats system, loot, and amount of content. Hope to see it as a DLC
smile.png

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Anyone experience persistent crashing during cutscenes? I've tried every fix I could find: installing AMD beta driver 14.11, installing visual studio update 4, using low settings. Nothing has helped.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone experience persistent crashing during cutscenes? I've tried every fix I could find: installing AMD beta driver 14.11, installing visual studio update 4, using low settings. Nothing has helped.
Did you try purchasing the game?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
And they're being faggots about canon. They've said the novels are their own canon, and aren't necessarily representative of the game or vice versa. If they're not officially contiguous with the story, I ain't reading em. Stupid decision.
I think anything that happened prior to the games is considered canon. So like at first I was kinda pissed about the comic books not being canon but it makes sense that anything that happens after the beginning of the DAO in a book can't be canon with a few exceptions. The reason being is that your choices are supposed to be whats canon outside of a few absolutes like the cause of the mage/templar war(it pissed off a lot of people in DA2 that no matter who you sided with it was the same outcome but then you couldn't have DAI without it). I guess they writers are in a bit of a pickle when it comes to mutli branching games like these. How do you give complete a player complete control over what happens in a game while maintaining canon.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The vanilla story anyone gets without importing is what I refer to as their canon. They can write the books into that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Eventually they're going to have to move the setting away from southern Thedas in order to make the older choices less and less relevant going forward.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess they writers are in a bit of a pickle when it comes to mutli branching games like these. How do you give complete a player complete control over what happens in a game while maintaining canon.
This is why they never did sequels before Mass Effect. The choices it was possible to make in KOTOR would have completely invalidated any possible sequel, which is why Obsidian made light side Revan canon for KOTOR 2. Similarly, the choices it was possible to make in Jade Empire would have ended up the same way, Jade Empire 2 probably would have had to make the good guy spirit monk decisions canonical or else the world would be too fucked up for a sequel. Or a sequel would just be a copy of the original with the spirit monk as the new main bad guy.

IIRC, NWN2 had absolutely nothing to do with the events of the originals.

The vanilla story anyone gets without importing is what I refer to as their canon. They can write the books into that.
Vanilla storyline sucks donkeyballs. I was so pissed when I realized I fucked up importing my tapestry decisions.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've played exclusively PC and haven't crashed at all during cutscenes. The only CTDs I've had were during multiplayer matches, about 1 in every 10 times I approach a relic/heirloom/scroll collection thing, I crash out. Very strange.

also, looks like some kind of multiplayer map expansion pack released today.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just got the pc version and the only issues im having is slowness near fires. It chuuuuugs. But I just woke up from sealing the rift. I made a backstab rogue and immediately regret it. Backstabbing is hard.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
How many legit PC users - not seen one comment in this thread about it with dozens of users...
No idea if he has pirated the game or not, but I haven't, and I crash randomly during cut scenes too.

It usually happens during extended play periods and 95+% of the crashes have been related to cut scenes. May even be 100%, but played it for 100 + hours now, and it might have crashed at other times, but from what I can recall, it is always during a cut scene.

It usually just completely freezes up and requires me to close it from task manager. At that point, from the task manager, it appears that the game is taking around 40+% of my ram. If i play for more than 2-3 hours in a row, it usually crashes, and nearly always at a cut scene.

Also had a problem with cut scenes where sometimes the dialog option window won't load into the conversation forcing me to reload. Mentioned this earlier in the thread too, took me 10 or so tries to get past the conversation that happened in the latest stages of saving the mages. Got past it by spamming the skip button.

I have no idea what is causing it, but since it is so rare, and it rarely crashes at the same spot, I haven't bothered to try to fix it. Only the mage cut scene annoyed me because it kept happening at the same spot if I allowed the cut scene to run even for a second before skipping.

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
No idea if he has pirated the game or not, but I haven't, and I crash randomly during cut scenes too.

It usually happens during extended play periods and 95+% of the crashes have been related to cut scenes. May even be 100%, but played it for 100 + hours now, and it might have crashed at other times, but from what I can recall, it is always during a cut scene.

It usually just completely freezes up and requires me to close it from task manager. At that point, from the task manager, it appears that the game is taking around 40+% of my ram. If i play for more than 2-3 hours in a row, it usually crashes, and nearly always at a cut scene.

Also had a problem with cut scenes where sometimes the dialog option window won't load into the conversation forcing me to reload. Mentioned this earlier in the thread too, took me 10 or so tries to get past the conversation that happened in the latest stages of saving the mages. Got past it by spamming the skip button.

I have no idea what is causing it, but since it is so rare, and it rarely crashes at the same spot, I haven't bothered to try to fix it. Only the mage cut scene annoyed me because it kept happening at the same spot if I allowed the cut scene to run even for a second before skipping.
I've seen crashes during cutscenes at random times. It is always the following error for my wife and I:

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's device failed due to
badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an
design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed. ").

Unfortunately this is a low level driver crash, and probably requires a patch from the vendor or from BioWare (to work around the driver bug). A quick search on Google gives you a decent number of hits. I'm fairly sure this is due to a bug in NVidia drivers. I've got an Nvidia card on Windows 8.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-...r/td-p/4008007

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The only crashes I've had in this game are 4 CTDs straight to desktop with no error message, which I'm pretty sure has to be because of the DRM.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eventually they're going to have to move the setting away from southern Thedas in order to make the older choices less and less relevant going forward.
My best guess is that the focus is going to shift to the island war between Tevinter and the Qun. They have been laying the background for that part of the world pretty heavily the last two games and its the only other major point of conflict that has world spanning ramifications. I guess with the cliff hanger they could do a focus on the elves returning to political power, but that sort of storyline has kind of been done to death.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They referenced the Hero of Ferelden investigating something to the far west, so that'll factor in soon I think too.

It would be cool if the next game involves marching the Inquisition into Tevinter, with a shaky alliance with the Qunari (less shaky depending on actions in DA:I) and then having an external threat from the west or north of the Anderfels revealed.

I'm sure the elves will factor in somehow too, with the amount of elven slaves in Tevinter.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unlikely on the first point, as the default story (which is their cannon) has the Grey Warden dying against the Archdemon.

The rest is certainly plausible, especially since a lot of the fans dig the Qunari. Only thing that annoys me is the Klingon style cosmetic changes they have gone through over the series, comparing Sten to Iron Bull.