Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ok I am sick in the head, I've played through as a rogue to 11, mage to 12, and rogue-archer to 11 and I keep want to fucking restart. Last run with the rogue was a lot easier then mage up to that it seemed being able to just burn down ranged so fast. Plus stealth was awesome to disrupt rifts right away without agro.

But...fuck worrying about being behind the mob. I'm thinking 2 handed reaver......if I go that route who do you think I should use in group? 2 mages for a lot of CC so I can wreck? Or a archer?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
But...fuck worrying about being behind the mob. I'm thinking 2 handed reaver......if I go that route who do you think I should use in group? 2 mages for a lot of CC so I can wreck? Or a archer?
What's this "group" talk?
In all seriousness, I would go tank+mage+archer. Primarily because you never have to worry about going back to camp due to a magical barrier or a locked door.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
So on my second playthrough, one of the things that is really irking me is:

Not being able to get enough halla statues for everything in the winter palace. There are SO many doors to open and you only get 11 statues - this playthrough i wasn't planning on turning Celene so I didn't worry about opening her room for the dude tied to the bed, but then I realized in order to finish the caprise and secrets quest, I needed to get into her room. I wasn't interested in redoing that entire part again so I just said fuck it. To my knowledge though, there is the room in the garden that takes 3 (which you need for secrets), a room upstairs right above it that takes only 1, Celene's room which takes 5, the room off the bedroom in the grand apartments which takes 3ish, and then two doors at the end that each take 5. So to do everything you would need 22 statues and you only get half of that. And there is nothing to indicate on a first playthrough that that is this case, and no reason on other playthroughs to limit you.

For someone trying to really get 100%, that is just infuriating. I could see limiting story choices, but when they mix story + quest choices + loot choices in a weird mish-mash, it is annoying. So fuck that. Give me more halla statues you sons of bitches. It's not some big thing to let you do everything and THEN let you decide in dialogue options what you use.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So on my second playthrough, one of the things that is really irking me is:

Not being able to get enough halla statues for everything in the winter palace. There are SO many doors to open and you only get 11 statues - this playthrough i wasn't planning on turning Celene so I didn't worry about opening her room for the dude tied to the bed, but then I realized in order to finish the caprise and secrets quest, I needed to get into her room. I wasn't interested in redoing that entire part again so I just said fuck it. To my knowledge though, there is the room in the garden that takes 3 (which you need for secrets), a room upstairs right above it that takes only 1, Celene's room which takes 5, the room off the bedroom in the grand apartments which takes 3ish, and then two doors at the end that each take 5. So to do everything you would need 22 statues and you only get half of that. And there is nothing to indicate on a first playthrough that that is this case, and no reason on other playthroughs to limit you.

For someone trying to really get 100%, that is just infuriating. I could see limiting story choices, but when they mix story + quest choices + loot choices in a weird mish-mash, it is annoying. So fuck that. Give me more halla statues you sons of bitches. It's not some big thing to let you do everything and THEN let you decide in dialogue options what you use.
There's really nothing in the 1 statue door at the start of the palace so that one you can safely skip. Also afaik, there's nothing useful in the 2 doors at the end, just useless treasures, so that's 11 useless, making the rest optimal. You get an amulet of power for Vivienne and all the secrets and story stuff with those. There might be something in those 2 doors for 5 though, I don't know, I didn't open either one. If it's just schematics and shit though, that's useless

Agraza

Registered Hutt
You need 12 to do all the cool stuff, so you have to make a decision. 1 is for the story door above the garden, and afaik, you can't skip. 3 is for the garden door where varric is and 1 caprice coin, 3 is for the servant's quarters vault with the elven locket and vivienne amulet and schematics, and 5 is for celene's room with the last scandalous secret and blackmail. If not for the story door, you could do them all. The double 5 in the royal wing is useless, and you may as well do the 1 in the courtyard since you'll have nowhere else to use it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At the boss for the Templars.

Is there an easy way to tell your whole party to run the F away? Or do I just have to move each one seperately every time? Or at least my melee guys. The PBAE's are killing me.
frown.png

Agraza

Registered Hutt
There is some commands on that command wheel where you call the horse you might try, but I never bother with it. normal is ezmode. You can also double tap a go-to spot and they'll stay there, if you can find some safe spots to situate the ranged.

I just did the main story. Damn that short. Liked the story reveals at the end, and curious about the big cliffhanger after the credits.

Crone

There is some commands on that command wheel where you call the horse you might try, but I never bother with it. normal is ezmode. You can also double tap a go-to spot and they'll stay there, if you can find some safe spots to situate the ranged.

I just did the main story. Damn that short. Liked the story reveals at the end, and curious about the big cliffhanger after the credits.
Cool thanks. I agree that I think the fight would be easy, but I burned all my health potions on the previous fights in the Great Hall, so I have no health potions left.
smile.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
There any sources for "catching up" on the shit from the first 2 games? I don't have it in me to go back and play through them, but i'm curious about DA:I :\

Agraza

Registered Hutt
They've done a few novels and an anime for Cassandra, a character in DA:I. The novels are mostly side/prequel stuff, not retread of the games' content.

And they're being faggots about canon. They've said the novels are their own canon, and aren't necessarily representative of the game or vice versa. If they're not officially contiguous with the story, I ain't reading em. Stupid decision.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Cool thanks. I agree that I think the fight would be easy, but I burned all my health potions on the previous fights in the Great Hall, so I have no health potions left.
smile.png
There should be a supply crate in the corner before you go into the last boss's room.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
You need 12 to do all the cool stuff, so you have to make a decision. 1 is for the story door above the garden, and afaik, you can't skip. 3 is for the garden door where varric is and 1 caprice coin, 3 is for the servant's quarters vault with the elven locket and vivienne amulet and schematics, and 5 is for celene's room with the last scandalous secret and blackmail. If not for the story door, you could do them all. The double 5 in the royal wing is useless, and you may as well do the 1 in the courtyard since you'll have nowhere else to use it.
Yea, that is sort of what I was getting at. You need the one above the garden for story, and then the one in the garden and Celenes to finish secrets/coins. I had forgotten her rooms significance in the other questlines, so I opened the quest room with the bodies, the garden room, room with the locket and wanted to open hers, but was short one statue.

As you and pyros say, the other rooms are inconsequential, which is why it's a little annoying they made you take a hard stance against it.

Just let me do them all!

There any sources for "catching up" on the shit from the first 2 games? I don't have it in me to go back and play through them, but i'm curious about DA:I :\
As in, the lore, or a way to input decisions? The keep is a lot like Genesis was for ME; you pick choices and it becomes interactive. Unlike Genesis, you don't "play" the story - you pick specific things then hit "go" and Varric tells you the story. The only difference is you won't have much context for choices. I suggest checking to see if anyone has a good world save, which they can share with you and you can adjust things accordingly. (IE my main playthrough would be considered good guy/paragon, so assuming you want that, I could share mine and you could adjust the hero and the romantic partners etc. I would still suggest probably reading the wiki to figure out exactly what went on though. It doesn't do much good to tell you that I didn't defile the urn of ashes when you have no idea what that really means.)

The books, as Agraza says, aren't the canon of the games. They're off shoots, that take a bit from what they consider canon, but IMO their canon is shite.

Really, your best bet is to get someone to share their world save, ask a few questions as to important things, then adjust to your liking and let Varric get you up to speed.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
My bro's xbox patched the game, and then my inquisidolphin started showing dots on the minimap when I use it. That's damn useful. I imagine this game will be rounded out a lot in a few months.

I figure whenever they do their dlc content deal like they always do, they'll do something on that ending cliffhanger. Of course I've been waiting since DA:O for them to finally get back to Morrigan. Fucking cunts.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My bro's xbox patched the game, and then my inquisidolphin started showing dots on the minimap when I use it. That's damn useful. I imagine this game will be rounded out a lot in a few months.
That was a nifty little change. I wonder if they are going to tackle shit like level scaling weirdness/progression smoothening in the patches? That would be serious. Also, despite its relative sub-par-ness, I have totally sunk into the multiplayer. Strictly random pug games because my normal crew is all on xbox or PS4 and not PC. It's like I know it is bad, and a huge waste of time, and that if I had a regular group I could farm the shit out of it quickly and efficiently, but it has a mindless kind of fun about it if you take it for what it is rather than going at it in an organized fashion. I am curious to see what (or if) they add to it in the coming weeks.

The pug element adds randomness to it that keeps it fresh for me. Is iamnoob12 REALLY a noob? Can we keep this level 4 archer in threatening alive? Is the keeper going to be shitting barriers out or just blasting things? Do we even have a keeper? Ooo, someone is an Arcane Warrior, automatic win! How many people will the demon commander kill the first time he pops up? Different player-generated challenging fun every time! Though, I have to admit, if I end up in a relatively decent group, I stick with them a few runs, hehe.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Multiplayer feels good, it is a lot like Mass effect 3 multi but takes place along a route instead of one area. Similar unlock system, and people that out the time in/know how to play their class really shine.

Crone

The Ps4 I feel has been doing that for a little while now? Wonder if Xbox was just a little bit behind. Either way it's super useful to point you in the right direction.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
That's how some refer to the item highlight radar thing.
Oh, I see. In that case it's been that way on PS3 since I started playing, really useful. Glad it got patched over.

Is there a way to remap controls on console? I feel like I am missing something.

If not, why the fuck not? Seems kind of ridiculous. Also, anyone find it a tad strange that the AI behaviors are less in depth than 2? Again, I can't really figure out why. The AI is great so it's not a huge deal but I did like micromanaging games like this.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
They stripped the tactics system from 1 and 2, and their AI design is not superior. I'm unhappy about it.