Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Western style as in not everyone looks like a metrosexual? :p I'm on the other side of the fence. I can't stand eastern style rpgs anymore.
After DA2 and the ME3 debacle I lost all faith in their ability to make an all around good quality game. I feel DA:I redeemed them substantially in my eyes. I've got 100 hours and change in and still have side quests I could do. I found playing an Archer to be a lot of fun and that's the spec I played the entire game.
I definitely need to check out the dlc stuff.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Western style as in let's give a whole bunch of useless MMO fetch and kill bear ass quests
Most of those are optional filler stuff - most of the "move the game along" content isn't like that. Sounds like you're trying to do every Hinterland quest before moving onto the next zone which everyone suggests against.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Western style as in let's give a whole bunch of useless MMO fetch and kill bear ass quests
I'm a pretty huge jrpg enthusiast - I bought a PS4 with a mind toward the absurdly robust fall lineup that hasn't been matched since the ps2 days - but those MMO quests have definitely made their way into eastern rpg's. Newer iterations of Tales, Shin Megami, Star Ocean and others love makijg you farm enemies for material quests. And while I don't remember "kill x number of y" quests, these games certainly abound in quests that have you kill some named whose sole reason for existence is completion of said quest.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Xenoblade Chronicles definitely had a bunch of bear ass quests for no reason.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They made the trailer look pretty exciting. Unfortunately, the combat was so bland and uninteresting in this game though. Even on the hardest difficulty I felt like it was pretty easy.

I'm by no means a l33t gamer bro, but I think combat was more of a chore than challenging, especially managing your party and making sure they weren't stupidly standing in fire. The skill builds were modestly interesting, and the armor upgrades/crafting were -okay-... but the actual combat mechanics were almost enough to make me not want to finish the game.

And don't get me started on how hard it was for me (a completionist) to ignore all the collections and MMO-style quests.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the combat problems were mostly due to the switch to frostbite. They went from having tactical fights on flat plains to variable terrain and i think that was too much for them to deal with effectively. Hopefully they get their shit together for the next DA.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The problem was the absolutely horrible power balance. A couple of the companions (Vivienne, Cassandra, Blackwell, Solas) just tore through everything with almost zero micro necessary. Even on nightmare.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was under the distinct impression from Inquisition and Dragon Age in general that Portal magic was basically lost with the Elves. The entire game you find the hidden remaining Elluvial Portal that has been there for thousands of years, and the Qunari kind of shun advanced magic.

What gives now?

sukik

The elf you see at the end is Solas who is Fen'Harel/Dread Wolf/Elven God of betrayal so he's not a regular elf. I don't see why he would have lost knowledge, unless I forgot something.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not him specifically, the world as a whole. Elvish society is a shadow of its former glory and all that.

Vaclav

I was under the distinct impression from Inquisition and Dragon Age in general that Portal magic was basically lost with the Elves. The entire game you find the hidden remaining Elluvial Portal that has been there for thousands of years, and the Qunari kind of shun advanced magic.

What gives now?
If you don't recall the lore behind it, it's pretty well explained why the Eluvian that was found during Inquisition would trigger what seems to be occurring in the trailer. (Plus Morrigan's own playing around with Eluvians no doubt doesn't help)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I think what Vaclav is alluding to...

Heavy spoiler.

Solas (host of the Dread Wolf, one of the so called "bad gods") put the rest of the Old Gods in the Eluvians, they are prisons. Flemeth also houses an Old God.

My lore knowledge isn't all that great but pretty sure that's the gist.

Vaclav

Nah. The Eluvian that you actually tinker with is referenced to be something akin to a "Key to the Fade" where it sounds like a master key to many other Eluvians.

Your theory is intriguing though and might be an extra part of the explanation though. But they make it pretty clear that Morrigan's Eluvian is quite special with the whole "Crossroads" description, how it accesses the Fade directly, etc.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Id say this DLC is likely the best and seemingly the last? It answers alot of questions and ofcourse that means having even more to ask - However if this is the precursor to the next DAI its likely an essential purchase to know what will happen in the future - fortunately its also the best story DLC put out for the game thus far.

8.5-9/10

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played it yet, but saw the reviews were good. One of the writers however specifically said this sets up the story TWO stories or more ahead. So it almost sounds like the next game is in production and will be more filler ala DA2. Not judging. These guys write better than 99% of the shit I read and watch today. Just hope it's fun to play.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah im sure DA4 is being worked on but likely wont see anything on it even next year unless late. I hope that they fix melee combat in it tho, i really really did not like that. I also felt the dungeons were completely underwhelming. To be honest any game that has dungeons after DD
biggrin.png
A will feel completely underwhelming. I liked Witcher 3's dungeons but even then i feel Dragons Dogma had them done perfectly.