Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

khalid

Unelected Mod
Going through this game a 4th time now (well, more like 3, I ended early on the 3rd run) with some mods. Love this game, can't wait for the DLC. The mod for increased inventory capacity and extra crafting mats drops has made this replay pretty sweet.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
DAI is the most disappointed I've ever been with a game I really enjoyed playing. It's a paradox and don't ask me to explain it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
DAI is the most disappointed I've ever been with a game I really enjoyed playing. It's a paradox and don't ask me to explain it.
I kinda get those. On the one hand it was great, on the other hand it's just so anticlimactic.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can dig it. It seems like a middle chapter in a series. Its very Mass Effect 2 for me. I love the game wholeheartedly, but with the ending it seems like it will be a minor plot point in the story of the dragon age. Its set dressing for...what i think... are going to be some rapid blights, or a huge blight with the rest of the pantheon.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So the DLC being a surprise drop today on Xbox One and PC is probably meant to counter bloodborne to a certain degree. The thing is I played Inquisition on the PS4 so I'm apparently screwed.

Not even a peep from EA regarding a PS4 release for this...hell I would have gone Xbone if I knew this was going to happen. Was their any indication of DLC exclusivity before now?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Went to the Googles and yeah there was a statement of "Premiere content on Xbox" made at E3 2014.

Apparently this "Premiere Content" consists solely of the first single player DLC for Inquisition and so assuming there is a second single-player DLC released it will do so at the same time for PS4 and Xbox One. It is interesting that at the time of the announcement they said "Xbox One and Xbox 360" with no mention of the PC and now we have zero indication as to when the Xbox 360 will get it.

My guess is that EA/Bioware will bundle the first and second DLC together and release them on the same day for PS4 at a somewhat discounted price as a way of trying to make amends with that market. Afterall they did sell 2x more copies on the Playstation so pissing off those customers would be really a dumb move. I'm sure they have already lost some sales from people who will just turn their nose up at the notion of timed DLC or who will be unable to avoid spoilers and not bother with the content once it is all ruined.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Same. I want to play a version of this game with all the filler quests removed. And the itemization totally redone to be less MMO like and more.... Baldur's Gate 2 like.
Yes! And seriously, when did it become the norm in western RPGs to give you a bunch of collect bear asses quests as filler? I don't want to do shitty tiny quests like that, I just want to play a great story like the old days. I know we don't have to do them, but I hate walking into a town/camp and seeing 1,000 exclamation points for quests and having to grab them all because you have no idea what's really important.

I don't know why western RPGs model themselves around some single-player MMO design in terms of quests/itemization. I didn't like DA:O, but I thought perhaps with all the hype this would be much better but it's only marginally better to me.

Glad I got it on sale, but disappointed regardless. Probably won't buy another DA game.

radditsu

Yes! And seriously, when did it become the norm in western RPGs to give you a bunch of collect bear asses quests as filler? I don't want to do shitty tiny quests like that, I just want to play a great story like the old days. I know we don't have to do them, but I hate walking into a town/camp and seeing 1,000 exclamation points for quests and having to grab them all because you have no idea what's really important.

I don't know why western RPGs model themselves around some single-player MMO design in terms of quests/itemization. I didn't like DA:O, but I thought perhaps with all the hype this would be much better but it's only marginally better to me.

Glad I got it on sale, but disappointed regardless. Probably won't buy another DA game.
Since Everquest. Since RPG's have been invented? You absolutely have to collect zero bear ass in this game if you don't want to. Insane people will collect bear asses over and over to get meaningless power points.

Either way I am sorry you didn't like it noodlebro. Good RPGs are rare nowdays and DA:I was one of the better experiences I have had in a long time. I personally think I will circle back to this game again on the final DLC/game build. It was a little too buggy on my machine sometimes. I think it just didnt like my Vidja card for some reason.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The problem with the 'just skip the side quests' is:
1. There's so much of it. It's not just the table-provisioning quests. Everything from the crystal shard things to the big campaign map side quests to all kinds of other meaningless bullshit clutter your quest log, your map and your time.
2. It's hard or impossible for a first time player to separate what is a useless bear ass quest from an important quest. Even if they had a system to do so it'd take a lot of time.
3. Personally, once I start ignoring quests the game loses some flavor because I feel like I'm missing an unknown quantity of content.

radditsu

1. There's so much of it. It's not just the table-provisioning quests. Everything from the crystal shard things to the big campaign map side quests to all kinds of other meaningless bullshit clutter your quest log, your map and your time.
2. It's hard or impossible for a first time player to separate what is a useless bear ass quest from an important quest. Even if they had a system to do so it'd take a lot of time.
3. Personally, once I start ignoring quests the game loses some flavor because I feel like I'm missing an unknown quantity of content.
Well then you got to channel your inner Sperglord and just get it done son!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The side quests are not "meaningless" though they are certainly not important. You can gain influence and Inquisition points by doing them which unlock improved abilities or bonuses. Required absolutely not, but if you have quest ADD like some people it gives you a lot to do and a small reason to do it.

Quaid

Trump's Staff

Those side quests are for the r33t trophs and cheevs duder. Get Platty or go home gamer girl.

Also, only I may have Arnold as my avatar. Don't make me send a cease and desist.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A ton of optional side quests don't bother me. I don't think game designers should design their games around people with OCD

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is how I feel, more eloquently put than my own response.

The best way to describe it is with how I played DA:O. I beat the game in like 15 hours or something ridiculous, and when I posted my complaints about it people kept hammering me on not doing any of the sidequests throughout the game. They're boring as shit, why would I do them? And why should a developer pad the "hours played" number because of that.

@Quaid: It was a gift, I cannot look a gift horse in the mouth.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Did you do any of the character side quests? I always find those to be my favorite parts of the games.