Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Its funny how hard everyone worked to get the perfect save for me3 so they could save the galaxy. In the end nothing really mattered.
It'll be no different with Dragon Age. It's still fun watching people think that it "matters", after the ME3 shitshow.

spronk

FPS noob
just like ME3 i'll be pirating the fuck out of this game, cuz fuck bioware but i still wanna play. yeah i know thats dumb

Sulrn

Deuces
Its funny how hard everyone worked to get the perfect save for me3 so they could save the galaxy. In the end nothing really mattered.
In the end, nothing ever does.

In the meantime, feel free to consume subpar games from dubious publishers

Xalara

Golden Squire
It is called the illusion of freedom, and Bioware has a few employees whose primary job is ensuring that illusion is maintained in their games, to varying degrees of success.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

Release Date October 7th

Looks like Dragon Age: Rift to me... Scott Hartsman should feel flattered.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They seem to be turning The Inquisitor into a Cmdr Shepard style person with special abilities as the result of surviving an encounter with a plot device.

Problem is that the Origins character already was special, and then the Hawke character was as well. They keep recasting the hero in this game and making the world more generic each time.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Wasn't impressed with the trailer but this game is still a must-buy for me. DA and DA2 were great, each in different ways. Look forward to what they are doing with this one.

Sulrn

Deuces
How was Hawke special? Aside from bumping into Maleficient in the beginning, Hawke was a normal Joe/Jane that was shaped and influenced by the events and great characters around around them. Not the other way around. Even Merril had more backstory and influence than Hawke. The origins character was special as one of three surviving wardens along with being heir to the dwarven kingdom/tainted by the fade/last survivor of a major human house.

The trailer reminds me of the DA2 prerelease environment where they showed as little of the game as possible outside mash ups of the intro and emphasized everything else like Facebook games, preorders, and CGI.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well october release, they don't really have to show much of the game yet because it's probably not super polished/UI might not be final etc. Just wish they wouldn't name the trailer "gameplay trailer" when there's like 15secs of a single character using a special skill on a single mob with UI off cause that's not fucking gameplay.

Can't really care about it until it's closer and they actually show the game but even then I'll probably wait for a cracked version first and/or reviews. Definitely not preordering.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well october release, they don't really have to show much of the game yet because it's probably not super polished/UI might not be final etc. Just wish they wouldn't name the trailer "gameplay trailer" when there's like 15secs of a single character using a special skill on a single mob with UI off cause that's not fucking gameplay.

Can't really care about it until it's closer and they actually show the game but even then I'll probably wait for a cracked version first and/or reviews. Definitely not preordering.
Come on bro.

Preorder it so you can play Anders, everyone's favorite narcissistic, gay, racist mage.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
the trailer is just a trailer, look previously in this thread for 10+ minutes of gameplay which is actually pretty interesting if it's a good example of what they're planning.

edit: I think this is it but I'm not sure

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I remember the old video but it's that, an old video, of a con demo. I have little interest in those either other than checking out vaguely what they're going with. I have in general little interest in shit unless it's shortly before its release and has substantial playable content shown or when it's the first reveal. Fuck the hype promotion shit when it's 6+months before the actual release of the game.

I agree the trailer is just a trailer, but gameplay trailers should have gameplay, I guess they just call anything that's not entirely prerendered "gameplay" now though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I agree.

There's cinematic, ingame cinematic (what that was imo) and gameplay (the vid I linked). And since graphics in RPGs are so good now I have little interest in a cinematic trailer.

This trailer is cool and entertaining but who fucking cares anymore.

Or with SWToR where they had a world-class cinematic trailer, but the gameplay was the same boring WoW shit.

Sulrn

Deuces
I care about that sacred ashes trailer Tu-bro, it inspires girls everywhere to dye their hair and dress in fantasy armor.