Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well on mages, you have to consider their specialization if you're playing on nightmare. Also there's a 3rd mage, Dorian, you might not have him yet though but he's imo the best mage character in terms of dialogue and shit. In terms of spec, Dorian and Solas are really good while Vivienne gets the shaft since she becomes knight enchanter, which the AI is fairly terrible at playing. Though you could ignore the spec and make her a decent support mage just with basic skills, basically all the spirit barrier shit and then a few offensive spells like chain lightning+immolate and you'd be alright.

Once Solas unlocks his spec, he becomes insanely good at doing well, his spec stuff, Riftmage is super strong. He is kinda boring though as a character, but he does often have something to point out about the history of places and shit so I don't mind him too much even though he looks like a weirdo. Dorian is a damage powerhouse once he unlocks his spec, though you need to mix it with normal magic for like mana regen and more dmg.

In terms of AI, they use spirit, lightning and fire pretty well, but they're terrible at using most of ice, I think they cancel blizzard instantly sometimes, they don't cast ice wall or ice mines, don't move away from melee mobs with the blink, so mostly it's all about that freeze CC but that's just 1pt you don't really need a full ice mage, unless it's your main character and even then it's kinda meh, icewall blocks vision both ways so it has limited uses and ice mine is clunky. I'd get one for barriers(like Vivienne) with a small dash of every other magic for good damage, one for pure damage potential(Solas or Dorian, with their specs and a dash of other trees for more damage) and spec yourself into damage also. 1pt barrier is fine on everyone, though AI tends to stack it like idiots.

As for 2H, it's pretty alright. Thing to consider about crit rate is it scales with Cunning, so you can craft armor with high cunning and what not which will boost it a decent bit. But those passives are otherwise fairly bad. Good thing is once you unlock specs, Iron Bull don't really need most of the 2H tree stuff, he can use like vanguard/commander trees(I think it's commander, the one with shouts and the pull) mixed with his spec, and ignore 2H entirely. Note the AI is terrible at using whirlwind and pommel strike isn't great unless you're a templar so you can combo off it(but you can do that using another templar ability so it's kinda pointless).
Thanks for the feedback, when do you unlock these "specs"? I guess 2 mages, cass for tank and Iron Bull as a beefy dps might be better? I love control on mages but having 2 tanks taunting etc might keep the back line safer...?

Zulst_sl

shitlord
I think all the specs unlock once you get to Skyhold except for your Inquisitor, which requires a particular operation at the wartable to get. Then you just need to take each party member out into the wild once to unlock them.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My party for the entire game was Cass, Viv, Solas - and Viv and Solas always had snide comments going on about each other that made them awesome to listen to - Cassandra was kinda the 3rd wheel but she was a monster who never died. Viv was my barrier and other stuff due to spec - The AI for me used her spec fairly well, well enough that if i got low on health she'd use her focus ability.

That aside can a 2hd warrior main tank as 2hd or is shield necessary? I am torn between dagger rogue and 2hd warrior for 2nd play through.

Also is there any NG+ or bonus dungeons?

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
My party for the entire game was Cass, Viv, Solas - and Viv and Solas always had snide comments going on about each other that made them awesome to listen to - Cassandra was kinda the 3rd wheel but she was a monster who never died. Viv was my barrier and other stuff due to spec - The AI for me used her spec fairly well, well enough that if i got low on health she'd use her focus ability.

That aside can a 2hd warrior main tank as 2hd or is shield necessary? I am torn between dagger rogue and 2hd warrior for 2nd play through.

Also is there any NG+ or bonus dungeons?
I'm also enjoying the snide interplay between Viv and Cass so both of them are in the party even though I was actually intending to go KE myself. Guess I'm the Rift Mage when I spec. On Nightmare and Hard I found that my 2H warrior couldn't tank. He would just get beat down too quickly. I tried it for a few fights but in anything remotely tough, the 2H War can't survive to really playu the tanking role (and, honestly, it is only in the hard fights that you need a tank anyway...so why not make a good one).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Cass Varric and Dorian together make a hilariously dysfunctional family.

Makes me wish my main was a mage though, because 2 rogue party is kinda rough on nightmare.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Killed my first dragon, wasn't very impressed. I mean it did take me a few wipes until I figured I shouldn't bother trying to keep my retarded team alive and just dump my focus stuff and as much damage as I could before finishing it 1vs1. I'm pretty sure Turn the Bolt is bugged as shit though, it supposedly reduces damage from ranged attacks from the front by 50%, but all it seems to do is reduce them to 1, regardless of what they are. And ranged is loosely translated into "anything that's farther than melee range". Sometimes the dragon would try to bite my head off and if I wasn't like under it, I'd take 1dmg even without blocking cause I think it considered it a range attack. Ground stuff exploding? Take one damage as long as I'm facing the dragon(turn around, take 270damage...). Took a while to finish it, think it was like 40% to go, but it was very easy and I used 2 regen potions for those entire 40% and mostly because I was fucking up. There's no way to die as a tank 1vs1 to anything, I assume, besides maybe a much higher level dragon. Wasn't too happy that it dropped garbage rogue loot I can't use and gave me a level up so now I'm going to outlevel shit even more. Oh well, it was in the way of my map completion.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dragons aren't too bad once you get a hang of your class and stuff - just killed the L19 one in Emprise on Nightmare with my DW Rogue party at L19 (with the party at 18 still). They're just getting easy now.

Of course my build is splattering stuff pretty damn easy now too - even L20 Revenants are a joke at this point.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I wish dragon's corpses didn't disappear so fast. I'd like to get a good SS but instead I just get pictures of me skull fucking them instead.

Also WTB an Inquisition Perk for scavenging faster. I'd give two points for that shit.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Anyone buy the "mysterious package" yet in Val Royeaux to see what it is? I'm thinking curiosity will get the better of me and I'll spend 10k gold on an empty box.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dragons aren't too bad once you get a hang of your class and stuff - just killed the L19 one in Emprise on Nightmare with my DW Rogue party at L19 (with the party at 18 still). They're just getting easy now.

Of course my build is splattering stuff pretty damn easy now too - even L20 Revenants are a joke at this point.
What sucked was the mmo-like mechanic where it puts lightning circles on everyone and people do damage to each other. I figured you could dispel it but half the time everyone would get hit like twice by the time fuckface would finish casting dispel, and for dispel to be efficient they all had to be stacked so that was annoying. Was the Crestwood dragon and I fought it at equal level. Wasn't hard, just the whole "stack but if you stack you die" combination of mechanics with all the AI being retarded as all fuck is frustrating. I guess if I did the whole shit in tactical it would have worked better though.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Anyone buy the "mysterious package" yet in Val Royeaux to see what it is? I'm thinking curiosity will get the better of me and I'll spend 10k gold on an empty box.
Pretty sure its a
mount.
Not that special.

Also, retard Dorian falls into a hole and won't teleport back to me no matter how far I run. So I decide to click on him to see where he is at, my party instantly TPs to him and die. On top of that, the area must have been buggy because it would only let me press ESC every 15-20 seconds. Didn't want to reload because I saw the auto-save happen as I was in the hole..

Talk about irony with the quest name. Spoiled for size.
rrr_img_83505.jpg

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It's a giant Nug (one of those pig things) mount.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This game screams for actual co-op
One day they'll figure this out. I'd love it. You'd basically have to relegate one guy to the 'leader' for grabbing quests and shit though. And then you'd make EVERYONE watch the cut scenes. Shit like that can irritate people. The multiplayer shows how good and challenging it can actually be for a group of people, though. Everyone needs to know their roles and how to do them. Though in MP you only have 4 skills which sucks, but I'd love to have one of my teammates casting barrier on the people who actually matter during a dragon fight not just whoever is piled together. Having archers take out ranged with big shots instantly rather than everyone fighting one shield templar while three archers take everyone's health to half.

I have a feeling co-op is coming in the next installment. I hope they do it right.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
One day they'll figure this out. I'd love it. You'd basically have to relegate one guy to the 'leader' for grabbing quests and shit though. And then you'd make EVERYONE watch the cut scenes. Shit like that can irritate people. The multiplayer shows how good and challenging it can actually be for a group of people, though. Everyone needs to know their roles and how to do them. Though in MP you only have 4 skills which sucks, but I'd love to have one of my teammates casting barrier on the people who actually matter during a dragon fight not just whoever is piled together. Having archers take out ranged with big shots instantly rather than everyone fighting one shield templar while three archers take everyone's health to half.

I have a feeling co-op is coming in the next installment. I hope they do it right.
In other words, Dragon Age of the Old Republic.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Basically.

Spacebar. Spacebar. Spacebar. 1. Spacebar. Spacebar. Spacebar. 1. 1. 1. Spacebar. Combat.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's pretty much FFIV as well. People get pissed in a raid/group if you sit idly by and watch the cut scenes though lol. Not sure how they would do this on a story driven game like DAI where your choices change the world state. Anyways I hope they never do an MMO for DA, shit would ruin the franchise.