Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems to work pretty well for me though I'm only on normal difficulty.
I personally didn't like Veilstrike, since it does no damage, so I didn't bother upgrading it(still need to take it for the passives). I'd recommend getting Static Cage or the magic missile thing instead, especially the magic missile can be used to combo off your other stuff(stonefist is also a combo but is bugged and does no damage when you combo with it, so it's actually awful) or you could go for firewall or firemine, both of which are great spells. Fire mine especially has great synergy with the pull from Riftmage, pull shit then firemine in the middle and it basically instantly kills everything more or less.

Blizzard also works well since riftmage can generate a lot of mana, if you do pull+blizzard you can channel it the entire time which then freezes everything in it, shit's pretty cool if you have like a warrior to aoe shatter everything. But yeah that's basically the average mage build, with your spec stuff changed. If you're KE you do things a bit differently but still similar.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
ORQGn97.png

Fell through the ground in Dragon Age Inquisition and found this bizarre rabbit made out of pastries wearing a top hat. : gaming

khalid

Unelected Mod
So is there any point to the requisitions if you don't need power? Seems on my second playthrough, where I'm sitting at over 100 power the entire time, its just a total waste of possible crafting mats.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So is there any point to the requisitions if you don't need power? Seems on my second playthrough, where I'm sitting at over 100 power the entire time, its just a total waste of possible crafting mats.
It's just a way for people to advance the story without doing sidequests basically. Instead of doing sidequests, you grind gathering shit and get all your power and ignore most of the game to finish it. If you're actually playing the game, you should absolutely never do requisitions, since you get way too much power anyway and you want to keep materials for crafting. Wish it was a bit less shit.

On another note, I just one shot Crestwood and Western Approach dragons. Well technically I guess companions got a couple of attacks in but basically my first damage ability killed them instantly. I'm way overgeared for this mind you, I have 380DPS daggers(without dragon slaying enchants cause I didn't want to bother farming the items for the low lvl dragons) and use a fully upgraded damage tonic then got behind the mob, stealthed and used my focus 3. Basically I have 100%chance to crit, 100%crit damage from the tonic and 50% armor penetration from stealth.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gives XP for Prestige or whatever it's called too.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
164 hours played and I haven't beaten the game yet. To be fair I restarted a couple of times and once after about 40 hours when I realized my keep data was fubared but still I may have a problem.

khalid

Unelected Mod
164 hours played and I haven't beaten the game yet. To be fair I restarted a couple of times and once after about 40 hours when I realized my keep data was fubared but still I may have a problem.
I have that problem also. First playthrough was almost 70 hours, currently I'm 70+ hours in my second playthrough and have a decent chunk left before beating it.

Even with all that time, I keep hitting new content I haven't done before. All the people scoffing at the promises of how many hours this game had in it were way wrong. This game is chock full of shit to do.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
My current problem in Inquisition is where to go to find more Shards to open the final Ice gate in Oasis and all of Fire gates. I've completed Shards in Coast/Hinterlands/Oasis/WesternApproach/Crestwood, not sure but I think Mire didn't have any..

Oh, I only found 28 secrets during the ball.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's shards in basically every other zones, Exalted plains, Emerald Graves, Emprise du Lion and Hissing Wastes.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
How do I unlock specializations for my main toon, which is a mage? I only have the one for focus and the massive green thingie. Do I need to talk to Vivienne, Doran and Solas?

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Once you get to Skyhold, 3 trainers present themselves and settle in your courtyard. You pick up their missions and when you complete it, return to that trainer to confirm your spec choice.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Once you get to Skyhold, 3 trainers present themselves and settle in your courtyard. You pick up their missions and when you complete it, return to that trainer to confirm your spec choice.
I think there is a mission on the map you have to do first, 'Training for the Inquisitor' or something like that. Appears right off once you get to skyhold.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You have to do the warden quest first at ardent keep story quest then you can do the specialization quest. Both are on the board but specialization shows busy until that is done.

If you aren't paying attention you can get pretty far into the game before doing that.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just reached 80 hours into my first playtrhough, haven't been to Emprise du Lion and Hissing Waste yet. Mostly cleared all the other zones of quests.

As for story, just completed "Here lies the Abyss", not sure how much more I have left for main storyline.

I'll probably do another play-through at some point but probably not back to back.