Dragon Ball Super

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Another great episode. I like how they emphasized Goku's stupidity and recklessness. This fight should be pretty interesting since we don't know how powerful this version of Buu is.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm betting Buu will wipe the floor with his Wolf, Gohan will probably get rekt, Goku will dominate of course.

I mean they originally hyped Buu as one of the more well known terrors of the Universe back in Buu Saga, so I hope he can handle at least only flunkie from another Universe 9. I'm curious how the rest of the team will work out, I mean you can basically see from the intro Krillin/Roshi are a part of it, I wonder if they're gonna get some serious Time Chamber training going on here soon.

Oh and Android #17 is back too, that's gonna take some explaining.

Cybsled

Ya, Goku in DBS is pretty close to the Goku in DB abridged in terms of derpitude lol

Buu doesn't seem to really be taking any damage, though. That furry guy is going to get his shit pushed in lol

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm betting Buu will wipe the floor with his Wolf, Gohan will probably get rekt, Goku will dominate of course.

I mean they originally hyped Buu as one of the more well known terrors of the Universe back in Buu Saga, so I hope he can handle at least only flunkie from another Universe 9. I'm curious how the rest of the team will work out, I mean you can basically see from the intro Krillin/Roshi are a part of it, I wonder if they're gonna get some serious Time Chamber training going on here soon.

Thing is, this is a different Buu from the Buu Saga. The fat Buu that beat down Majin Vegeta had a lot more shit absorbed up inside him than the current one. I guess he still retains his ability to take infinite amounts of damage though so we'll see how far that gets him.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He was wished back at the same time as everyone else, and then went on to be a park ranger (yeah... the fuck), thus the silly RANGER armband.

I guess he's fighting to protect the forests!

Except 18 and 17 would need some pretty serious upgrading to be even remotely relevant at this point, unless the "limitless" energy/stamina angle actually matters this time.

Of course, "Would need some pretty nonsense buffs to be relevant" applies to basically any of the Z fighters that aren't Saiyans or the pudgy remains of a universe-crusher.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Seeing all the different gods of destruction was pretty cool. Buu is boring though and having Satan around just makes this feel like filler. I'd rather have Android 18 or something.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That episode was lit as fuck. This new Toppo guy is either an unevolved form of the guy Goku fights in the intro, or from the same Justice Squad that's for sure now.

Cybsled

Toppo = Doctor Robotnik from Sonic the Hedgehog lol

I like how Zeno agrees that if the wolf guy wins, universes won't be destroyed. Then Goku goes balls out and dooms trillions lol

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I like how Beerus and Whis cringed when they announced it would be a battle royal since they know Goku is a retard who sucks at teamwork.

Cybsled

Heh ya. Goku will be all "ooo shiny!!!" and fuck up whatever plan Gohan or Piccalo or even Vegeta come up with. It also sounds like no one can fly. I am also willing to bet that if someone gets tossed off the edge of the arena, they get erased/fall into the void forever.

Like any good battle royale, I also bet there will be some alliances. It wouldn't surprise me if Universe 7 and Universe 6 decide to team up until they can eliminate some of the competition, since some of them are on quasi-friendly terms (Hit and that alternate Vegeta kid).

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
kegkilla kegkilla Buu lookin hella fit in last episode, I think he's gonna tear some shit up in the tournament.
yeah that was kind of odd, i thought that was going to be a gag. i wonder if that's how he'll be portrayed from now on. either way, i'm loving the build up to the tournament so far. next episode we see 17 for the first time since... a long time. pretty hype for that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was waiting for the nap to turn him fat haha, I appreciate the redesign though I don't need that much comedy relief. Wasn't he cursed to be fat/stupid because he ate the fat Supreme Kai? Maybe it's over now he's good.

Really enjoying this, I liked how Krillin and 18 beat Gohan and Goku using tournament rules. Still not sure how Krillin, Roshi and Tien will be able to compete but they seem to have ironed out the power levels a little.

Cybsled

Kind of lol how everyone can match SSB now. I mean, fucking KRILLIN was able to hold back a kamehameha for a bit.

Goku is like an end game raider who was pimped out in gear, then a new expansion brought everyone close to his level in gear. I'm sure he will bust out some new power level for the tournament, but still kind of seems odd how everyone can match him all of a sudden.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Kind of lol how everyone can match SSB now. I mean, fucking KRILLIN was able to hold back a kamehameha for a bit.

Goku is like an end game raider who was pimped out in gear, then a new expansion brought everyone close to his level in gear. I'm sure he will bust out some new power level for the tournament, but still kind of seems odd how everyone can match him all of a sudden.
Well the options at this point are:

1) Maintain the power scaling status quo and everyone is useless other than Goku and Vegeta

Or

2) Take some liberties with power scaling and make relevant some of the other characyers.

I'm glad they went with 2