Dragons Dogma Online(Dafuq you say Crapcom?)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dragons Dogma Online is a free-to-play title for PlayStation 4, PS3, and PC - Gematsu

Development started with the basic desire of taking Dragon's Dogma and making it playable in an online environment.
The game couldn't be made in tandem with Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and was therefore pushed back.
Capcom contemplated a monthly fee, but chose freeo-to-play in the end in an attempt to get more players to try it out.
Though paid items are present, the game will still feel like a proper Dragon's Dogma game.
The story is completely new and there are no character connections. (Editor's note: We take it this means no character connections to the previous game.)
The game world will initially be the size of what players have come to expect from previous games, but will expand over time to be three times larger in scope.
Parties are formed in the lobby, after which players depart for the field.
An effort has been made to emphasize the strengths and traits of individual classes, but it's not balanced so strictly that players need to be super meticulous about party makeup.

Read more atDragons Dogma Online is a free-to-play title for PlayStation 4, PS3, and PC - Gematsu
F2P w/ ability to buy gear w/ real money? The online aspect i dig but c'mon now.....really?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck this thing...dragons dogma 2 on current gen...pls

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am pretty sure this will more or less be their DD2. Play with pawns or with friends, so its more or less DD w/ friends which should have been in the first one. I personally am still interested in it due to the fact i wanted original to let me play with friends and not pawns.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

rrr_img_89092.jpg
rrr_img_89093.jpg
rrr_img_89094.jpg
rrr_img_89095.jpg
rrr_img_89096.jpg

Now i want.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Sadly I think Man0warr is right on this one, Capcom is usually pretty stubborn about online games like this. Doesn't help that DD did not do so well in the west from what I've read.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
F2P by Capcom is already a pretty fucking bad sign, but yeah it's also unlikely this is ever ported. If it is well, I don't expect much anyway, because of the first thing, F2P by Capcom, which means it's gonna be a fucking shitfest of microtransactions that aren't so micros. Game kinda looks good though, kinda makes you think what could have happened if they made DD2 instead, fucktards they are.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
This reminds me of Vindictus. Same idea with team building in town and teleporting to the dungeon, no tab-targeting, etc. Hope their combat system is at least as good as that.

Column_sl

shitlord
Good thing is it will be on the PC, so other then translations we will still get to play it.

big article on Kotaku about it

http://kotaku.com/compared-to-the-or...e-a-1682496837

According to the developers, the world of Dragon's Dogma Online will be roughly the same size as the world of Dragon's Dogma, but will be expanded over subsequent updates to roughly 3 times its original size. The main story will also be continuously updated in "seasons," with each season serving as a full chapter in the story.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
gogusrl;984824 said:
This reminds me of Vindictus. Same idea with team building in town and teleporting to the dungeon, no tab-targeting, etc. Hope their combat system is at least as good as that.

Dragons dogma was a different sort. I dont remember in Vindictus being able to climb onto the giants/dragons/griffons/ect to be able to hit them on their weak spots or knock off armor. DD's combat was its main attraction, and all it really lacked was multiplayer. Instead you had a system where you and others could raise a main "pawn" and share them with friends or have them hired out by randoms online. It wasnt a terrible system, but in the day and age of everything being multiplayer it seemed out of place.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just one day passed from the full reveal of Dragon's Dogma Online, and the developers are already giving more information about the game on the official Twitter account. Today Director Kent Kinoshita revealed a new piece of concept art (which you can see above) and a few tidbit about the story and the development situation.
Kinoshita-san mentions that development is going well, the game already received its rating (CERO C in Japan), and the team is now in the fine tuning phase, including balance adjustments. He also mentioned that it won't be long until the version for testing will be complete.
While he did not specify if he means public beta testing or internal testing, Kinoshita also mentioned that the game's story is focused on the quest to awaken the "sleeping God," probably indicating the sleeping dragon showcased in the artwork above.
Hopefully this game will find its way west sooner or later, because it seems definitely interesting. In the meanwhile, we'll keep you posted on any relevant development we'll receive.
I dont get why they held out info for so long if its so far along in development, I still think capcom is run by idiots.

Column_sl

shitlord
No clue why this game is not coming to the west. I want this badly

Dissidia HD is another one they are keeping import only for now, Fucking Japs

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dark Arisen was amazing, and as much as i love DA:I i had way more fun in DD
biggrin.png
A - the dungeon style and layout is awesome.