Dragons Dogma Online(Dafuq you say Crapcom?)

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I really dont see any online PC titles coming out anytime soon making me build a new machine or anything.

Basically, aside from perhaps crowfall, nothing on the PC online market is going to get my hyped minus MHF or Dragon's Dogma Online.

Fuck you Capcom.

Column_sl

shitlord
If it's anything like the foreign MMO's I've played it is possible for a group to make an english patch that you can edit into your game files.

They did that with the DBZ mmo, and it was 100% english. It just takes a lot of work so the demand needs to be there.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Still no word on it coming here
frown.png

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Bikeman streaming it on Twitch now

Twitch

EDIT: hmmmm... Beta is in Japan, but several of the UI elements are in English.... This heading to the west?
- Most of the main tab / on screen messages are in English, but every long description is still Japanese.

EDIT 2: vod

Twitch

Timed url for some large enemies/bosses

Twitch

Twitch

Twitch

Column_sl

shitlord
This was the announcement today via twitter, no one knows if it will be a world wide release yet, or not.

Capcom has announced Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming to PC in January 26.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
This was the announcement today via twitter, no one knows if it will be a world wide release yet, or not.
Considering (when watching Bikeman's stream) that all voices and sounds made by npcs/monsters were Japanese along with all descriptive text, I doubt they will have a localized version by January.

However, since also every menu bar, popup message and initial descriptions were in English, I do think it is headed for a western release at some point. If it was a purely localized game, I don't see why they would start the UI translation process.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Considering (when watching Bikeman's stream) that all voices and sounds made by npcs/monsters were Japanese along with all descriptive text, I doubt they will have a localized version by January.

However, since also every menu bar, popup message and initial descriptions were in English, I do think it is headed for a western release at some point. If it was a purely localized game, I don't see why they would start the UI translation process.
They're not releasing this yet. The announcement is a port of the original PS3 game on PC, doesn't have anything to do with the online game but I guess it's a decent enough thread to post the news in. I'd assume Capcom will see if it sells enough to port the online game too. Plus the whole thing might have been easier when they made the online game work on PC since it seems mostly like a port of the original game engine.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Downloaded this today and played for a little bit.

Why the f they don't port this I don't know.

ItisDragon's Dogma Online. Played with a controller, and it has close to identical bindings to the single player version. It is greatly optimized, no fps lag at all on max, while looking as good / better than any mmo I have played recently.

Translation patch translates most menus (not the tutorials though, which is a shame), skills, controller options, and some story/movie parts.

Can easily play it by watching

Can get the newest translation pack here (#10)
https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonsdogm...sort=new&t=all

(DDO Translation Pack Instructions - Album on Imgur) install instructions for translation pack. Very simple.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'll have to try it again tonight, but following those guys instructions it wasn't letting me in.

I'm not sure if the servers were down, or what.

Thanks for the info tho

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Hmm let me know if anyone gets this working
Just logged in and ran about a bit. Works fine.

Problems I had when installing

- For Japanese VPN, it does not recognize / accept my VPN server address for Japan (PrivateInternetAccess). However, when installing that Hotspot shield (as recommended by the video) it worked

- The installer freaks out when swapping monitors / display ports. No idea why. I use my TV as my main monitor, and when I started the download, then switched to my PS4, it broke the installer. Stopped the download (tried this three times, happened every time, do definitely a standard problem). However, when I just opened up the installer on the laptop screen, it worked fine. It is 14 gigs.

- Only part of the install guide that I did not find accurate was the ability to turn off the VPN. I get auto disconnected if I do that. Also, the game client will not even let me get past the login screen if I don't keep hotspot shield active.

Not sure what else could be the problem. Just remember to download the client, not the benchmark.

Column_sl

shitlord
Is there a crack for hotspot shield because they make you pay to use the jap vpn after the timer runs out.

I was able to get into today, just used your suggestion for keeping the VPN. Although it took a few tries for it to finally patch the install

And then I made the mistake of making it full screen which won't allow me to launch the game anymore. Looking for the .ini to change the setting,but meh tired of this now.

Might try to install again later.