Drug test for a job. Little worried

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I was offered a position at PNC, and it looks like I have to pee in a cup this coming Friday (6/28) late afternoon. Last Sunday night I ate a 10 mg percocet, and I've been taking them probably like every other weekend when I drink for a while now. Never more than one a week. I read on some sites that say 1 to 3 days they are out of your system, other sites saying 3 to 5 days, and some other sites saying like 2 weeks.

Besides going the route of buying fake piss does anyone have any advice for me? I read somewhere that taking a shit load of cranberry pills will flush you out. Another site saying that you can't flush. Another site saying they won't even test for percocets?

Can I just lie and tell them I took one cause I was in pain? Someone set my mind at ease please!

I definitely would not admit to taking Percocet without a valid prescription at some point in the past. Opiates (the oxycodone in Percocet) are usually on the basic illicit drug piss test that they run. As far as if it will still flag, I'm not an expert.

Most pharmacies sell self test kits for like $20-40. However, I don't know just how accurate and sensitive those are. Can't hurt to drink a lot of water tomorrow. Don't overdo it on Friday with the water though.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Percocet is Oxycodone, which they will almost 100% test for these days... 10mg isn't much, and should be out of your system in 3 days or less (unless you are a fatty). Just in case, do you have any prescriptions to any type of opiate written in the last 2 years or so? Depending on who does your lab work, if it comes back positive for anything that could be prescribed they will usually check with your pharmacy.

Odds are it won't even show up, maybe double up on water or coffee in the morning. I worked in HR for almost 10 years and this came up a few times. If we really wanted the candidate we could give them plenty of opportunities to justify a small amount of opiate.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LAST Sunday? As in over a week, almost two weeks, from the pill to testing? Should be gone, its not a very long half life. The big problem is marijuana, can get really long with heavier use and/or fatter people. I wouldn't worry if that's really all you've taken in the time frame.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Go get a prescription for them would be my advice.
i think he might need some actual excuse from what i read hes taking them while drinking probably to get fucked up, like i used to.

and if it was LAST sat like famm said you are more than fine.

iannis

Musty Nester
As far as the drug test you should be fine. 10mg 1 week later?

I think the real question is why are you taking percocet while you drink. Do yourself a favor and just throw the bottle away. The pill bottle I mean.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Percocet is a prescription drug in the US?

Hilarious!

and even if, can't you just flat out tell them you have a prescription because of an injury or whatever and if they demand for more but your medical history is none of their business?

Can you get ANY pain relieving medication in the US without a prescription?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You should be fine, as others have said. If you are really worried most cities have private drug testing places that will do this shit for you if you and give you the results without it impacting your employment.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Or overdo it with the water to invalidate the test, and take it again later.
I'd feel so much better if I could wait for the weekend to be over. Is this an option?

LAST Sunday? As in over a week, almost two weeks, from the pill to testing?
No, as in the weekend that just passed -- 6/23. By the time I take the test it wouldn't have been a full 5 days.

I have a friend who smokes pot multiple times a day. Twice he has used this synthetic piss that you buy at head shops and it's worked for him. I'm really thinking about going this route.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Pretty sure in most of Europe you can buy it over the counter. Along with quite a few others of low dosage pain meds.
Germany

The drug is in Appendix III of the Narcotics Act (Bet?ubungsmittelgesetz or BtMG).[56] The law allows only physicians, dentists, and veterinarians (?rzte, Zahn?rzte und Tier?rzte) can prescribe oxycodone, and the federal government can regulate the prescriptions (e.g., by requiring reporting).[56]

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Make sure the fake piss is well shaken and the temperature is acceptable range. I turned in some that was around 99-100 degrees like an idiot and was pissing for them again an hour later.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd feel so much better if I could wait for the weekend to be over. Is this an option?

No, as in the weekend that just passed -- 6/23. By the time I take the test it wouldn't have been a full 5 days.

I have a friend who smokes pot multiple times a day. Twice he has used this synthetic piss that you buy at head shops and it's worked for him. I'm really thinking about going this route.
I know its easy for me to say, but I think you're fine. As long as you are serious you only took 10 mg that one day and you weren't taking opiates daily for a week or something leading up, then I might be a bit more worried.

Also, expanding on what chaos said, around me there are home drug tests in drugstores, for people like you and concerned parents. Might want to look at one since you're a day away.

And also what Iannis said, stop taking that shit. I know you are only taking a bit here and there to boost your buzz, but opiates are no joke and I don't like to hear of people taking even minor steps towards addiction personally. Its your life and all but that's no road to tread.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Put on your big boy pants and stop taking narcotics while you drink and are trying to land a job.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Just bought an over the counter test at Walgreens - Quickscreen at home Drug Test 12 panel. We'll see how this bitch comes back.