Dune (2020)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
"Come see the first part of this multi part movie that might not be completed if not enough people come to see it" does not sound like the best marketing idea ever.

Exactly they should of Peter Jackson deep dicked this series and filmed all three movies with like 4-5 hours of footage for each one. Instead you got bland soulless husk of a movie but retards and faggots go full soy sucking cock about it because OMG screen pretty, OMG Spiderman chick stare at screen.

The only real improvement was the new Baron Harkonnen but even compared to the 80s movie they didn't capture the same brutal sodomizing rapist of disgust like they did back then. Instead they had a spider scene that meant had no purpose.

And like I said just watch the Gom Jabbar scene side by side as a clear example of how the newer movie was vapid gayness. The action was better but you have zero reason to give a shit about Duncan other than holy shit that's Khal Drogo. I am hoping the 2nd movie proves me wrong and they sped through this one to go deeper in the next two but I won't hold my breath. There was more emotion in the fucking League of Legends anime so far than this shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Exactly they should of Peter Jackson deep dicked this series and filmed all three movies with like 4-5 hours of footage for each one. Instead you got bland soulless husk of a movie but retards and faggots go full soy sucking cock about it because OMG screen pretty, OMG Spiderman chick stare at screen.

The only real improvement was the new Baron Harkonnen but even compared to the 80s movie they didn't capture the same brutal sodomizing rapist of disgust like they did back then. Instead they had a spider scene that meant had no purpose.

And like I said just watch the Gom Jabbar scene side by side as a clear example of how the newer movie was vapid gayness. The action was better but you have zero reason to give a shit about Duncan other than holy shit that's Khal Drogo. I am hoping the 2nd movie proves me wrong and they sped through this one to go deeper in the next two but I won't hold my breath. There was more emotion in the fucking League of Legends anime so far than this shit.
Show us on this doll where the movie touched you, BC:

McFarToysDUNEBuildAline.jpg

Oh, wait, that's the problem: It didn't.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Direct to DVD
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 6 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tried to watch this again yesterday and ended up alt+f4ing it. Between Z-bitch interruptions, not beeing impressed with Chalamet as Paul, knowing it's only part 1 and feeling incomplete, and several characters being downsized or not given enough screen time (Baron, both mentats, for example), it just doesn't hold up for me.
Where's the alleged 6 hour cut? ><. I'd rather watch Lynch's version than this, at the very least it has way hotter women.

• 2Great Review
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love how all the frothing-at-the-mouth Zendaya fans are losing their shit over why she only had 7 minutes of screen time and how they're demanding she be the star of Part 2.

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Pathetic

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The mini series tried it's best, but giving leto teg's power is just a gay copout among a lot of travesties. I liked it too, but ignoring the birthing crib scene in dune whatever is just wrong.
So I never watched the mini-series. Anyone know the best place to stream it now?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So I never watched the mini-series. Anyone know the best place to stream it now?
There is a pretty good copy I just watched under a user named "Zanimations" on Youtube. As for Children of Dune, I had to venture off into RARBG torrent land.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the first miniseries is uploaded to YT with the nudity cut. I dunno if any subscription service has Children but you can buy it on Amazon or torrent it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am surprised the expansion on the spacing guild is not in part one. Perhaps some back and forth in the timeline during part two...

Also, I have strange feeling Idris Elba gonna be cast as emperor.

Jared Leto as Feyd

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Am surprised the expansion on the spacing guild is not in part one. Perhaps some back and forth in the timeline during part two...

Also, I have strange feeling Idris Elba gonna be cast as emperor.
They are in the movie. Just not depicted the same as Lynch's Dune.

1636736502780.png

What we dont see is a navigator.

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Movie was solid. The only thing I don't understand is that it says the Harkonnens have become richer than the Emperor himself due to all of their spice mining but the Emperor sets his sights on destroying house Atreides because they are beginning to gain power but clearly it can't be nearly as much as the Harkonnens. Doesn't make much sense. You'd think it would be the other way around.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Movie was solid. The only thing I don't understand is that it says the Harkonnens have become richer than the Emperor himself due to all of their spice mining but the Emperor sets his sights on destroying house Atreides because they are beginning to gain power but clearly it can't be nearly as much as the Harkonnens. Doesn't make much sense. You'd think it would be the other way around.
Both houses become weaker with war.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Both houses become weaker with war.
Ya I get that but you'd think he'd have house Atreides be the ones surprise attacking the Harkkonens since the Harks are clearly the bigger threat. This basically would have had the same effect only it would have dramatically decreased the Harkkonens spice stocks.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ya I get that but you'd think he'd have house Atreides be the ones surprise attacking the Harkkonens since the Harks are clearly the bigger threat. This basically would have had the same effect only it would have dramatically decreased the Harkkonens spice stocks.
Harkkonens are rich, but the Atreides have military power to rival the Empire's as well as having great influence with the other houses. Wiping out the Atreides while financially burdening the Harkkonens solves both issues.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As someone who never read the book nor ever watched anything Dune related, and even went into this blind without watching a trailer, I really enjoyed it.

It was a bit confusing at times, mostly due to lots of whispering dialogue and then scenes where they switched from English to whatever made up language or words several times in a scene. I'm getting too old to follow that shit. And actually, I guess all the premonitions or whatever did that a bit too where I'm unsure WTF is going on, although my guess is that's on purpose.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This is not a criticism in any way, nor a judgement. I'm astounded by how many folks here have not read the books. I'm guessing a higher percentage here than the general population have read the books, so even fewer of the average people have read them. What's also amazing to me is that this story still is compelling enough to make a movie that so many people will see, even though they have no idea what the story is. Is this just a sign that it is so deeply entrenched in our culture that people want to see it, or will people just go and watch any sci-fi movie?

• 3Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Is this just a sign that it is so deeply entrenched in our culture that people want to see it, or will people just go and watch any sci-fi movie?

Huge cast, pretty hyped director, and heavy marketing helps I'm guessing.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Interstellar war is too expensive, which is why everyone is trying to just murder everyone else constantly with just assassins. To bring the 5 legions of soldiers and support staff cost the harkonnen's almost a 100 years of profits from the most profitable planet in the known universe. The Atreides can't afford to go start a war most likely, even the emperor doesn't want to pay for that shit.

One thing the movie doesn't really cover that the books end up explaining, is the price the guild charges is very flexible at times. Most of the time it costs way too much for even major houses to consider large operations, but if there's someone that violates the great convention or there's a major threat to spice production, the guild will change it's rates to !!FREE!! and bring the collective rabble of the universe in to smash you, which not even the emperor could have a chance against.

Basically, the guild is a club that keeps everyone civil and following the rules.