Dune (2020)

Sterling

El Presidente
Seems like the plan for Dune was to do the first 2 books and do the full story of Paul and not get into the really weird shit that happens later.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Seems like the plan for Dune was to do the first 2 books and do the full story of Paul and not get into the really weird shit that happens later.

Messiah is a short book, but they would need a part 3 at minimum to do it decently.

As much as I'd love to see books after Messiah adapted, it's never going to happen.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

1647025315909.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would set it freeeeee

That made me chuckle. They missed a golden opportunity with fear. Should have shown Elmo looking at the hand that controlled him.

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Messiah is a short book, but they would need a part 3 at minimum to do it decently.

As much as I'd love to see books after Messiah adapted, it's never going to happen.
Why not? I sure could go for some Emperor of Dune. It's a damn shame that the SciFy channel didn't make it back in ~2000. Apparently they were going to, but reality TV hit TV Land like a tsunami and they cancelled Emperor for some reality tv shit that no one will ever remember. I still watch the made-for-tv dune movies.

1647830597862.jpeg

McAvoy Would have made a great God Emperor.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Why not? I sure could go for some Emperor of Dune. It's a damn shame that the SciFy channel didn't make it back in ~2000. Apparently they were going to, but reality TV hit TV Land like a tsunami and they cancelled Emperor for some reality tv shit that no one will ever remember. I still watch the made-for-tv dune movies.

View attachment 404279

McAvoy Would have made a great God Emperor.
Watching Children of Dune for the first time as we speak. Very well done. McAvoy is perfect for Leto II, and would've killed it in a God Emperor of Dune. Maybe the next few Dune's will be too successful and they'll push Denis in to making it, with McAvoy as GEoD.

I know the chances are miniscule.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Watching Children of Dune for the first time as we speak. Very well done. McAvoy is perfect for Leto II, and would've killed it in a God Emperor of Dune. Maybe the next few Dune's will be too successful and they'll push Denis i to making it, with McAvoy as GEoD.

I know the chances are miniscule.
He's bit too old to play as child Leto II.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just watched this another time and I liked it more the second time, my sound might need adjusting for it though. When the hell is the sequel coming out?

Also can't remember the shit with timelines but did Duncan die that early is the books? Thought he died way later

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Just watched this another time and I liked it more the second time, my sound might need adjusting for it though. When the hell is the sequel coming out?

Also can't remember the shit with timelines but did Duncan die that early is the books? Thought he died way later
Yes, but Duncan kind of dies a lot by the end of God Emperor.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So.........

I just subscribed to Crave to catch up on some stuff I have not watched yet, and the first thing I watched was Dune.

It was visually stunning and well made and acted, but I can't say I was overly "entertained" - it was amazing, but......?. I think if you were not a fan or at least familiar with the source material the movie would have been a snooze fest. Also, fucking perfect ornithopters - amazing.

I also watched Enemy, and it was boring as shit. Too much artsy interpretive filmmaking. It was also visually adept and well acted, but not remotely entertaining. At least with Enemy I don't exactly think it was supposed to be - it was a thinker not a show-er.

Denis V is my fav director, but in my opinion Sicario is still his masterwork, with BR2049 and Dune second.