Dune (2020)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be honest, I thought the trailer looked amazing.

I'm almost scared to feel hopeful.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Jason Momoa looks surprisingly good.

him and his lines are the only thing making me a little nervous - seemed like some forced cheese factor that the studio heads demanded cause "big action star hur dur"

the way he delivered "lets fight like demons" with the popcorn flick smirk had the potential to be cheese

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
You nerds can nitpick the music and Momoa's cheese factor all you want - this may be the first movie I would actually look forward to SINCE the newest Blade Runner.

That trailer was just about all I could have hoped for, and I am now quivering EVEN MORE in anticipation. Yeah, I have become a V. fanboy. For good reasons.

I actually like Momoa's screen presence, and I think it is going to be perfect for the scenes he is in. As said, Duncan doesn't become a central figure in the stories until Leto's worm ascension anyway.

Currently there is not a single movie released in the last several years I want to watch - but I want to see THIS one.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I dont know anything about Dune and as a filthy casual this trailer isnt doing anything for me. Cinematography is nice though, but that's expected from Villeneuve films.

What's so special about Dune?

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Cringe

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
and the fact that this day and age this isn't a high budget series is retarded

nu_11

him and his lines are the only thing making me a little nervous - seemed like some forced cheese factor that the studio heads demanded cause "big action star hur dur"

the way he delivered "lets fight like demons" with the popcorn flick smirk had the potential to be cheese
Jason Mamoa is no Duncan Idaho. Duncan is a sleek, honorable, cool, and level-headed soldier/swordsman. Liken to how a samurai would carry himself. Jason Mamoa is a knuckleheaded, goofy caveman bro.

Also Liet Kynes is not some mystical black woman. He’s a white scientist who just gone Native like Kevin Costner in Dances With Wolves. Liet Kynes is not exotic, but he did mate with a Fremen woman.

I never got that Caladan was a dreary place. It’s supposed to be beautiful. And Paul leaves his beautiful planet for the harsh desert planet of Arrakis.

I’m really doubting Villeneuves choices.

Last edited:
  • 6Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

I thought the demon line, he walked a very fine line and was ok with it. Listen, if having the risk of that guy on screen helps this movie become an absolute blockbuster hit... I'm all for it.

Having guys like Momoa, Chalamet, and Zendaya in this movie, while not maybe OUR preferred choices, is going to bring eyes and attention to this movie that it might otherwise not have. It's surprising to me, because I'm not s 16 yr old, but there are a solid amount of high school girls and shit that fan over some of these young actors, to the point they have read Dune and shit just so they can follow Chalamet/Zendaya. As far as Momoa, taking Khal'Drogo and having him play Idaho is a very easy way of translating, "this dudes a massive badass". It might be cheap tactics, but I'm fine with it.

This won't be a 1:1 adaptation, but I'll happily live with it if this movie helps rebirth something other than superhero cornball movies, and maybe gives some credence to big budget sci-fi films again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

As far as Momoa, taking Khal'Drogo and having him play Idaho is a very easy way of translating, "this dudes a massive badass". It might be cheap tactics, but I'm fine with it.
Except Duncan is an important character... considering that,
(MAJOR DUNE UNIVERSE SPOILERS)
he's in every Dune novel.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Popcorn

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Dune is another world and another universe. Using Pink Floyd kinda kills the mood/setting by pulling you back into our reality. Very questionable choice there... but whatever, it is a trailer.
What did you want, some tribal music from the middle east?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Pretty sure using Pink Floyd is a nod to Jodorowsky. Surprised so many people didn't like it, I thought it was fine. Still more interested to see what Zimmer comes up with of course.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Race and Gender Swapped Liet Kynes makes this movie... No matter how good the visuals a piece of woke shit. It 100% changes the dynamics of the supposed freman culture. Also I'm fucking tired of seeing Zendaya in fucking everything. Like shes somehow a good looking PoC yet not PoC enough to scare off audiences. Shes not even attractive.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is there an international version of the trailer that would remove the Pink Floyd with something more traditional?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Every scene looked absolutely on point. Really excited for this. After Bladerunner, it seems obvious this guy was made to produce visual epics and so Dune should be right in his wheelhouse.

The only thing I would change is I'd rather this be a massive budget HBO series, rather than a single movie.

Nah bro we're good - we've seen what those fuckwits do with big budget stories in 2020

• 2Solidarity