Dune (2020)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The only thing I would consider remotely spoilerish is they don't let you witness the worm for the first time in the actual movie. It's a spoiled moment and not a spoiled story element though.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The only thing I would consider remotely spoilerish is they don't let you witness the worm for the first time in the actual movie. It's a spoiled moment and not a spoiled story element though.

True - cutting that trailer before seeing the whole worm would've been perfect.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
How spoilerish is this trailer? I will watch the movie either way. Am I better off going in blind?

Spoilers, it's based on 1965 book, a 1984 movie, a 2000 mini-series...

kingkong.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Liked it but couldn’t stand the Pink Floyd.

I can’t wait for the main theme to be played.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The snippet of the sparring scene between Gurney and Paul.... nice. The pink floyd cover didn't fit the movie at all. Everything looked great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spoilers, it's based on 1965 book, a 1984 movie, a 2000 mini-series...

View attachment 300848

Wish I hadn't read the books (more than once). Wish I hadn't seen the original film (more than once). This new versions looks really well made, but watching every scene knowing what is going on is a bummer.

We really need some new IPs in the movies / tv. The remakes are really well done, but it's still old shit.

• 3Solidarity

Szlia

I have not seen the Lynch movie in forever, but that new adaptation does not seem like a very fresh and original take on the material. I guess it does not have to be since the Lynch movie was released 36 years ago and Villeneuve delivers, but still.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Garbage

Juvarisx

Florida
I have not seen the Lynch movie in forever, but that new adaptation does not seem like a very fresh and original take on the material. I guess it does not have to be since the Lynch movie was released 36 years ago and Villeneuve delivers, but still.

I mean this isn't a remake of some classic movie, Lynch HATED what became of his Dune adaption and tbh it isn't really good. This is an attempt at a PROPER adaptation of the first half of the first book and it looks like as usual he nailed it yet again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I wonder where they broke it up,
I think maybe the sleeper has awakened scene would be a decent stopping point,
Only other point I could see as a stopping point is when paul and jessica (if I remember her name right) escape they purge and join up with the fremen, maybe at the point of when paul kills that guy just after meeting them, but that leaves all the really good parts until movie 2

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that just confirmed what I was hoping. It looks worthy of a trip to the movie theater. I did not mind the Pink Floyd as the lyrics are fairly spot on for the situation. That being said, I want to hear the movie music. Paul's voice bothers me a bit. I hope as the story progresses, it gets a more commanding tone. The Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother's voice is perfect. It has a very strong and wise tone to it. The cinematography looks fantastic and worthy of a large screen. This has the same level of hype as Blade Runner 2049 had for me. I hope it too does not disappoint.

I was not aware the movie was getting broke up as I thought it was going the same route as the original did. That will be interesting and allow for more to be added that the original left out.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If they show the navigators in a trailer before this comes out then I will not see it in the theater. I want at least some cool visual surprises.

spronk

FPS noob
Wait, this only covers the first half?

Thats the rumor, although iirc that would basically be up to Paul getting chucked out into the desert. If he is riding a sand worm that would seem to be closer to 3/5ths. You could probably stretch out the last quarter a lot though.

There's also supposed to be a spin off show about the origins of the Bene Gesserit which also touches upon the Butlerian Jihad, at least in the books his son wrote

also rumor is Dune is gonna get bumped out of Dec as Wonder Woman 1984 gets bumped to Dec from Oct, and both are WB movies

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Great visuals. Jason Momoa looks surprisingly good. Fight scene with Gurney was awesome. Wish it would have shown more Jessica. The fake scream with the gom jibar was over the top and cheesy. That music was absolutely atrocious. I hope that music was only for the trailer and doesn’t make it into the film. Otherwise I am pumped.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Great visuals indeed, but this will succeed or fail based on the actor playing Paul and I don't have a lot of faith in his acting ability from the trailer.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic

Fucker

Log Wizard
Meh. I'm disappointed they didn't get Rebel Wilson to play Paul.

THAT would have been epic.

• 1Rustled