Dune (2020)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man fuck that is so depressing. A whole fucking year? Fuck.

Fucking all Fauci's fault.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was really looking forward to this. Shits fucked up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
dune is also part 1 of a 2 part movie, i wonder if they are still gonna film part 2 or if its all on hold until part 1 is out

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
iu

• 1Rustled
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Gives them more time to polish the film in post I suppose. It does raise the question about filming part 2 however, if they wait to see how the first part does before they greenlight production it will be harder to secure all the necessary actors.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Goddammit, a year is way too long. Release it VoD and advertise the shit out of it and us nerds will lap it up.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe its for the best. More time to promote, maybe tweak some stuff. At the end of the day this film has no excuse to be bad, they had all the time in the world to get everything right. Next October though.....damn.

spronk

FPS noob
there's no "tweaking", the film is in the can they did some minor reshoots in August and its done. No film work on Dune 2 is apparently planned until this is released, so that pretty much is a big "welp... there will probably be no sequel"

hope Dune doesn't end on a cliffhanger. I'd bet we don't even get to to the attack on the Shield Wall or the Imperial Palace, it probably ends with Mua'dib taming a sand worm. No Sting vs Paul naked wrasslin

i guess we should expect another Dune reboot in 20 years, during the water reclamation wars where Stilsuits will be a quaint idea

• 1Like

Szlia

Goddammit, a year is way too long. Release it VoD and advertise the shit out of it and us nerds will lap it up.
You cannot slow down production, release your films in VOD and expect there still will be movie theaters around to show your films once the pandemic is over.

Goatface

maybe someone here would know, was it said how many people are in the known universe?