Dune (2020)

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
i just can't see how they ever make movie 2. First they have to see how movie 1 performs, and how the fuck do you judge that on HBO Max? Second, you'd have to negotiate with all the cast and its now YEARS since they filmed. Would Denis V even give a shit anymore? Do these people really want to dedicate another 2 years to making a movie that probably will only do mediocre?

What a mess. What point does movie 1 end? One logical end point is Paul taking the spice water, but that is a shit place to end a movie - virtually nothing is resolved and its a massive cliff hanger. If its more towards attacking the shield wall, well, there isn't a whole lot left for movie 2 then.

My dream scenario would be the movie greenlighting a sequel in the form of a TV show, but I doubt any of the cast and top crew would be interested in that.
I think the sandstorm escape is probably the best part, the tone changes from there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, each book is literally years after the previous. Can keep the same actors as they will likely age with the material if they follow the books

Odds are we never see a God emperor movie though; it is a -massive- tonal shift even within the books

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Well, each book is literally years after the previous. Can keep the same actors as they will likely age with the material if they follow the books

Odds are we never see a God emperor movie though; it is a -massive- tonal shift even within the books
I think they're referring to the fact that Dune, as in just book 1, is being divided into two films, if the second one ever gets made. This movie is not covering the entirety of the first book.

Sterling

El Presidente
also the gaps between the first 3 books aren't that bad, it's once you hit the back 3 books that it's pretty wild.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh shit this isn't even the entirety of the first book?

Hope increases.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
also the gaps between the first 3 books aren't that bad, it's once you hit the back 3 books that it's pretty wild.
Books 5 and 6 are a very short time gap. The series was planned as a story of humanity in two time periods, with leto II being the character in the middle that tied everything together. Too bad he never got to write 7 and 8, as I found 5 and 6 even more interesting than the first 3 books.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
20210227_063407.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The philosophy in God Emporor is getting mad deep. I'm starting to wonder...

What if Scientology was founded by Frank Herbert and Dune's Golden Path books was its religious texts?

• 2Like
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente

What if Scientology was founded by Frank Herbert and Dune's Golden Path books was its religious texts?
Fish Speakers for everyone.

• 1Worf
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

I'm maybe an hour away from finishing God Emperor. It's been different.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
They come in a variety of types. But that's definitely what a lot of them are lol.
Make women into an army and what will happen? Why, they'll ruin absolutely everything. The mad genius of the plan is incredible, when the future is the enemy.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I'm almost done The God Emporor

And Duncan describing the sad state of the museum Femen is making me mad irl

Stilgar is spinning in his grave

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

i just can't see how they ever make movie 2. First they have to see how movie 1 performs, and how the fuck do you judge that on HBO Max? Second, you'd have to negotiate with all the cast and its now YEARS since they filmed. Would Denis V even give a shit anymore? Do these people really want to dedicate another 2 years to making a movie that probably will only do mediocre?

What a mess. What point does movie 1 end? One logical end point is Paul taking the spice water, but that is a shit place to end a movie - virtually nothing is resolved and its a massive cliff hanger. If its more towards attacking the shield wall, well, there isn't a whole lot left for movie 2 then.

My dream scenario would be the movie greenlighting a sequel in the form of a TV show, but I doubt any of the cast and top crew would be interested in that.
Paul drinks the water, plays some roller ball, and then stares at the Shieldwall. cut to credits.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This movie still being released in 2021? It says October, but its moved a few times already hasnt it?