Dune (2020)

spronk

FPS noob
plot twist: it WILL be on HBO max on release date in USA. According to one person at WB. Maybe?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

I’m watching this one in theaters

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's looking like yet another Villeneuve film will get fucked by studio shenanigans.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Theaters are for poor people. Everyone else should have a much nicer movie-watching experience at home. At this point they are like public baths in ancient Rome.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theaters are for poor people. Everyone else should have a much nicer movie-watching experience at home. At this point they are like public baths in ancient Rome.
7_75_7512e37d_IMG_7757.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
Am I the only one who is laughing at the single chair in the three tiered theater room?

it was a prop chair for a baseball player selling his house, the real estate agent thought it would be a funny touch. the dude never went down into his basement

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was Phil Kessel’s house. He’s an NHL player.
OK I thought that was your basement. Tell your buddy that the next house he moves into we can set him up with a much better theater experience, if he is into that sort of thing. If he never goes down there and uses it, then stick to the white room and carpet.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have a 75" 4k TV that has been... exemplary, in providing a solid moviegoing experience. I also have neighbors that like to fuck at random times of the day, loudly. So it pretty much accurately portrays the in-theatre experience. I suppose I could hire someone to yell at the screen. Purchasing a house with a room dedicated to film-viewing like that though, is waaaaaay out of my budget range likely forever.

Also: why would you intentionally design anything that has a subpar experience for other people with you? That third tier must feel like shit for anyone invited to partake (if there were chairs present)

Just bad engineering all around.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I have a 75" 4k TV that has been... exemplary, in providing a solid moviegoing experience. I also have neighbors that like to fuck at random times of the day, loudly. So it pretty much accurately portrays the in-theatre experience. I suppose I could hire someone to yell at the screen. Purchasing a house with a room dedicated to film-viewing like that though, is waaaaaay out of my budget range likely forever.

Also: why would you intentionally design anything that has a subpar experience for other people with you? That third tier must feel like shit for anyone invited to partake (if there were chairs present)

Just bad engineering all around.
What sort of neighborhood you live where you can hear neighbors fuck. Bout the only time I hear my neighbors is on the fourth of july and jan first, when the big guns come out.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don’t find the actual design that bad. Third tier is or should be, for bar stools. People can gather there before and after viewing. The whole room leaves a lot to be desired though. The odd choice in flooring, the redundantly placed lighting, the poor wall color choice, the in wall sound is likely very lacking etc. Point being, I wouldn’t be too envious of it.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
What sort of neighborhood you live where you can hear neighbors fuck. Bout the only time I hear my neighbors is on the fourth of july and jan first, when the big guns come out.
Santa Barbara, and I don't own a house (because 1.2m average is a bit out of my payrange currently, especially with 200k tacked on average increase during f'n covid) so I have to deal with nicer-than-average apartments. Which you get largely families/etc, but nowadays you also get trust fund kids and their friends, who like to do coke at 11am and plow until 3. It's.... not ideal.