Dune (2020)

spronk

FPS noob
unforrtunately its just the regular cut with 11 deleted scenes, the extended cut which comes in at 3 hours, was cut for television, renounced by Lynch (directed by "Alan Smithee") and has some pan and scan issues is not releasing in the USA. Which probably means pirated torrents from EU or whatever

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

lynch's 1983 Dune movie is getting a UHD release August 31st with steelbook etc

looks gorgeous

291935_overview.jpg

wow! cant wait to buy!

7f8.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
unforrtunately its just the regular cut with 11 deleted scenes, the extended cut which comes in at 3 hours, was cut for television, renounced by Lynch (directed by "Alan Smithee") and has some pan and scan issues is not releasing in the USA. Which probably means pirated torrents from EU or whatever
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll wait unt an autist does their magic and watch the maximum edition.

faille

Molten Core Raider

If you can bare the rough transitions and drop in quality between the various versions, this is quite a good fan cut of the Lynch movie

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

If you can bare the rough transitions and drop in quality between the various versions, this is quite a good fan cut of the Lynch movie

Virginia Madsen was smoking hot in Dune.

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Haven't watched extended version since I was a kid, but this is making my laugh my face off. Should be in all versions, but this guard plants his face right after the door opens to let the navigator in. That's his helmet going to the ground, can see a blurr of his hand going out a few frames before.

wooop4.png

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

As someone whose never seen Dune, this movie is a mess.

Lady Jessica pretty damn hot though.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
God the music in Lynches version is so damn good tho...

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

Hey I watched this, and its an improvement over the original. Gives more context where it was missing. The issue with Dune, as it was filmed, was that you couldnt cover it all in the running time of the film

Viewers didn't know wtf CHOAM was or Kanly, and tons of subtleties that were missed and/or left unexplained so content was inferior. This cut doesn't remedy that, but does fill in at least SOME holes.

Video says its a fan edit, but this is very well done for a fan edit. I've seen some of the deleted scenes before, but this is far better quality and makes me feel this is the actual Alternate version that Lynch wouldn't approve.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
its still HBO Max on release day afaik. i just don't see this movie doing well, its like Blade Runner 2049 not wide box office appeal. Shame, I would love a sequel but its been like 2 years now since they filmed this one.

Sterling

El Presidente
I doubt it'll do gangbusters, but I hope they at least do the 1 sequel to finish the first book. It would seem like that was the plan to start with but if it does shit business who knows.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The fact that they keep pushing it back after it's been ready to go for so long makes me think it's going to be bad.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The fact that they keep pushing it back after it's been ready to go for so long makes me think it's going to be bad.
I'm pretty sure this is going to be "good" on some level. The guy doesn't make bad movies, and the cast and what not were freaking out about the screening of the movie.

Now it might not be the most "faithful", which can hurt.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm pretty sure this is going to be "good" on some level. The guy doesn't make bad movies, and the cast and what not were freaking out about the screening of the movie.

Now it might not be the most "faithful", which can hurt.
Not really sure how faithful you can really get with this franchise. Especially if they end up doing some of the other books at some point.