Dune (2020)

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I watched The King last night, the lead was pretty good. However, he seems too.............small/skinny/frail. The kid needs to bulk up a bit. Worked for a young king but I picture Paul being larger. I mean, I guess surviving in the desert with the Fremen would peel off all body fat so perhaps I am wrong. Maybe I just wish he was taller.

Anyway, any excuse to bump this thread and get people's hopes up lol.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I watched The King last night, the lead was pretty good. However, he seems too.............small/skinny/frail. The kid needs to bulk up a bit. Worked for a young king but I picture Paul being larger. I mean, I guess surviving in the desert with the Fremen would peel off all body fat so perhaps I am wrong. Maybe I just wish he was taller.

Eh, I always pictured Paul with a relatively thin/slender frame. In fact, I think he fits my vision almost perfectly.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
With Disney mucking up Star Wars this movie has the opportunity to present itself as the better scifi movie, a chance to maybe impress Star Wars fans after the dissapointment that was the Rise Of Skywalker.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Eh, I always pictured Paul with a relatively thin/slender frame. In fact, I think he fits my vision almost perfectly.

When he was being sworn in as king and was kneeling topless I thought he looked like a 12 year old kid - and that is why I am being critical. Because I was thinking about him in Dune as that scene was progressing.

At any rate I really enjoyed his acting so I am seriously optimistic regardless.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
With Disney mucking up Star Wars this movie has the opportunity to present itself as the better scifi movie, a chance to maybe impress Star Wars fans after the dissapointment that was the Rise Of Skywalker.

If he can nail the aesthetic, which I think he will, and can make the high-speed combat visually appealing & "cool" it could be a big hit. He'll have to focus in and probably exaggerate or find a really marketable way to present the action sequences. I think I speak for all of us when I say the most important part of the book(s) is so much more than just the "action", but if there has to be a small sacrifice so that this is a "hit", so be it. I have confidence he is suited to walk that line... If not, no one in Hollywood probably is, and it was never going to happen anyways.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

I was well and truly shocked by The King in a good way, all I knew about Chalamet was the Italian gay lover movie; and after watching the King, I think he is going to be good in this. He does need to fill out a little bit but I don't think that will be an issue for the movie.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Agree. The stakes are huge. This could become the prominent scifi IP if it hits. Especially with Star Trek floundering.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dune always deserved this treatment. This is the one shining example thats left of Hollywood at this point.

I think this movie is going to be spectacular. And honestly Villeneuve doesnt even have to make this complicated. Some nice panning shots, a couple tracking shots, solid acting and a sober direction plot wise and it will be good.

I'm guessing this is better than bladerunner 2049.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know why this isn't a reaction option

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
only thing i would add to that trailer is the very end have A Worm mouth emerge surrounding the thumper.
then the text or a Girl's Voice saying...

Muad'Dib is coming.....

khorum

Murder Apologist
Did I miss who they cast for Feyd? Says it's already in post production but no listing for Feyd.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Did I miss who they cast for Feyd? Says it's already in post production but no listing for Feyd.

They haven't, outright come out and mentioned anyone yet. "Officially".

I guess I could see Tye Sheridan being Feyd? More than I originally thought?