Dune (2020)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Showed this to my wife since she recently tried to watch the old movie and hated it, her only comment was "the worm looks like an anus"

I cant unsee it but I'm still psyched

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

nu_11

Showed this to my wife since she recently tried to watch the old movie and hated it, her only comment was "the worm looks like an anus"

I cant unsee it but I'm still psyched
Looks likes an eye to me
e87ed0fefe2e466eba7406c68e39c24c.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Except Duncan is an important character... considering that,
(MAJOR DUNE UNIVERSE SPOILERS)
he's in every Dune novel.

Which is great, but if the first movie doesn't make money, it really doesn't matter.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
My wife, who gives zero shits about Dune, has been asking me lots of questions about it since viewing the trailer and is excited to see it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Seeing a lot of "color" complaints with the trailer, or the washed out complaints. Is this really a problem for anyone here? I always pictured Dune to be a fairly washed out visual, with very barren settings. I was more worried about brutalist-type architecture; really wanted them to nail the dark, cold, stoic look of wide-open interior chambers etc more than colorization.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Seeing a lot of "color" complaints with the trailer, or the washed out complaints. Is this really a problem for anyone here? I always pictured Dune to be a fairly washed out visual, with very barren settings. I was more worried about brutalist-type architecture; really wanted them to nail the dark, cold, stoic look of wide-open interior chambers etc more than colonization.

I like the way it looks a lot. I suspect other planets will have a very different feeling when they are shown.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The washed out color doesn't bother me really, it's a stylistic choice that you either like or don't.

What surprised me is how influenced it appears to be by Lynch's version. I thought they might go a completely different way but they didn't.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The washed out color doesn't bother me really, it's a stylistic choice that you either like or don't.

What surprised me is how influenced it appears to be by Lynch's version. I thought they might go a completely different way but they didn't.

From what I see it looks truer to the book. I mean they're both about dune, so obviously there's going to be similarities. To name a couple, I really prefer the way harkonnen is shown so far. I also was quite surprised with the ornithopters. My hype is definitely a go.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Showed my wife the trailer, she’s not familiar with Dune but likes sci-fi. She said it looked cool except for the giant cat butthole at the end.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean, it's about Sand People culture, not really Middle Eastern culture, but yeah I'm sure there's going to be a lot of hot takes just like this one.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It’s funny how our brains are wired. Auther inspiration and allegory of the cave. Should’ve just cast kool-aid jugs instead of humanoids. So the lowest common denominators can stay submerged in the story too.

spronk

FPS noob
fucking racist hollywood, not making a movie about arab sand people living in caves with no technology and their only weapons are knives being terrorists against white people setting off suicide bombs and then finding a white man who they declare as their Messiah and leads them to kill billions in a jihad against all non believers

also the books have space jews who are able to shapeshift to look like anyone, experiment with biological weapons, and run the banking guilds of the universe. why isn't that in there too

• 2Worf

khorum

Murder Apologist
A lot more footage that wasn't in the trailer and some behind-the-scenes interviews:

• 3Mother of God
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users