Dune (2020)

spronk

FPS noob
Warner Bros officially indefinitely delayed Wonder Woman today from Oct 2nd to no date, it pretty much means Dune will not release in 2020 since WW84 is "first". Sony has already said they won't release a movie theatrically until theaters get back to normal, I imagine WB will follow suit.

Tenet is absolutely killing WB, it made $20m domestic in its first weekend, ~$100m intl, likely dropping to half in second. It needs to make over $400m internationally to be profitable, it won't even come close.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Liked it but couldn’t stand the Pink Floyd.

I can’t wait for the main theme to be played.

I have never heard that song in my life. I was honestly going to say I liked the score for that trailer. Man am I glad I didn't say that! Whew!

Also I never followed/read Dune. Always kind of just knew about it. Anywhere to catch up on the lore? TLDR?

giphy (1).gif

• 2Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have never heard that song in my life. I was honestly going to say I liked the score for that trailer. Man am I glad I didn't say that! Whew!

Also I never followed/read Dune. Always kind of just knew about it. Anywhere to catch up on the lore? TLDR?

View attachment 301537

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

View attachment 301537
This doesn't answer your question at all, but if anyone if looking to read it prior to the movie and is into audio books, there's two versions of it. In the older one they tried to do voice actors for each part, but then they changed voice actors part way through, and changed again. It drove me fucking nuts. There is a newer version though.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

The intro they made for the old Dune movie for airing it on TV has a really good prologue that sums up the lore and what is going on at the start of Dune

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Showed this to my wife since she recently tried to watch the old movie and hated it, her only comment was "the worm looks like an anus"

I cant unsee it but I'm still psyched
Well you ride the sand worm by prying open it’s skin with a hook....just like an anus. So really it’s just a metaphor for buttsex.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
the boner popping guitar rift from Toto while riding the worm would really tie this together

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole

View attachment 301537
It's dense... and also goes completely off the fucking rails with book 4 (God Emperor of Dune)
I recently reread the series, and I can say for certain that the first book is by far the best of the lot. Books 2 and 3 are basically filler leading up to Book 4, which is just "lawl wtf ok."

I saw the Lynch movie before I read the book, so the architectural design is ingrained in my head, even after having read all the Frank Herbert books. Villenueve seems to be channeling that same sort of cyclopean design, which is absolutely awesome.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
God Emperor is a good book, it's just the most absurd time-skip I think I have read in a book series. And it completely changes most of the tone. If you just changed some names it would be hard to even put it really in the Dune Universe. That said, the series is still great, it just takes a huge turn for the strange with book 4.

nu_11

God Emperor is a good book, it's just the most absurd time-skip I think I have read in a book series. And it completely changes most of the tone. If you just changed some names it would be hard to even put it really in the Dune Universe. That said, the series is still great, it just takes a huge turn for the strange with book 4.
It should be strange since it's a large time jump. But its the completion of the golden path, so it's really important despite however you think it may "jump off the rails."

GEoD is the best one. Leto does what Paul was afraid to do.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
God Emperor of Dune is the story itself. The first 3 books are prologue and the last two are epilogue.

I cant imagine stopping after Dune, it'd be like stopping partway through the Hobbit and saying "I'm good, thats enough of the story".

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user