Dune Awakening

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
God... Another online game promising the landscape changes.

After 20 years this is just a terrible idea at this point, lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God... Another online game promising the landscape changes.

After 20 years this is just a terrible idea at this point, lol.
I keep seeing iterations of Voxels making their way into single player games. I "think" the downfall for them in MMO's is that they need to send/receive too much data? I cant recall what it was about EQ:Next that really caused it to lag like that, but I think thats what it was. Maybe someone will come along and fix whatever its issue is one day without the game being basic ass Mine Craft type shit.

As far as this Dune stuff - I dont think its even remotely close to voxel shit. But more along the lines of some kind of gay fog of war where you cant go into an area because of a "sand storm" or something, and it just opens up the other area. After a couple weeks, you've done everything that would interesting and new and the grind will start to show. Hope Im wrong, but that sales pitch without a full explanation and specific detail just leads to very shallow expectations. Especially when to a new-comer to the genre is theory crafting out some amazing shit in their head.

• 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I keep seeing iterations of Voxels making their way into single player games. I "think" the downfall for them in MMO's is that they need to send/receive too much data? I cant recall what it was about EQ:Next that really caused it to lag like that, but I think thats what it was. Maybe someone will come along and fix whatever its issue is one day without the game being basic ass Mine Craft type shit.

As far as this Dune stuff - I dont think it’s eah. even remotely close to voxel shit. But more along the lines of some kind of gay fog of war where you cant go into an area because of a "sand storm" or something, and it just opens up the other area. After a couple weeks, you've done everything that would interesting and new and the grind will start to show. Hope Im wrong, but that sales pitch without a full explanation and specific detail just leads to very shallow expectations. Especially when to a new-comer to the genre is theory crafting out some amazing shit in their head.

Yeah. “Sorry you can’t level in this area bc of sand storm today!” *logs off*

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Closed beta invites are apparently out? I applied January 2023 as a bunch of other people I know did and none of us have gotten in.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Nothing here either, signed up day 1. Usually have incredible luck with beta invites. Not that I could play right now, but still.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just got an email, they're going to have a Dune Awakening Direct on March 4th, at 12EST. Showcasing the game with the most in-depth look at the game, and showing never before seen footage.

I'm curious about this, it sounds interesting but too little info so far to get excited. Hopefully after that we'll have a better idea of what the game goals are.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is going to be janky as fuck, but oddly still fun for the first 30 days. As it is with all Funcom MMOs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Full interview. I have a sneaking suspicion that its devoid of any actual "real" content and might as well just say "Alpha" pre-release.
1709593292934.png

Just Stop Fx Networks GIF by Reservation Dogs

• 9Worf
  • 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 19 users

Cybsled

Zoe lost the Overwatch gig, can’t blame her getting other gigs

Made me think of a funny random story, though. She did a stint during two of the Dota Internationals really early on, like TI2 or 3,?then vanished. During one of the DOTA tournaments a few years back, the hosts were doing a bit where they had to tell an honest answer to whatever questions the other person asked, otherwise they had to activate a device that would maybe crack open raw eggs on their head (basically truth or dare Russian Roulette with eggs). One of the guys (Siractionslacks) asked Pyrionflax something to the effect of “hey, what really happened that made her (zoe) vanish from The International?”. Pyrion instantly activated the egg device rather than answer lol

Anyways, this game seems like it will be Conan Exiles with vehicles. Not sure how MMO like it will be

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the building/gathering reminds me a lot of Exiles. I'm not really sure how they are going to allow all that building in a true MMO. I'm betting this is MMO-lite, similar to Conan.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well this was disappointing, they didn't say or show anything that made me excited about the game. On the other hand, nothing to turn me away either.

I'll go back to wait and see mode.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She looks alright but that does not work on her at all.
Only because she's having a puffy-face day in that vid (water retention is a bitch, also possibly menopause) and doesn't have the sharp upswept jawline she once did.

Everyone who gets that haircut thinks they're going to look like this and almost no women actually have the jawline to pull it off:

1709653147236.png

• 3Barf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Only because she's having a puffy-face day in that vid (water retention is a bitch, also possibly menopause)
The repulsion is because a woman at a "possibly menopause" age with that haircut sets off all sorts of instinctual alarm bells.

almost no women actually have the jawline to pull it off:
lol. Thank you for the insight into the mind of a celibate lesbian. Do you know if you're able to say shit like this through a ball gag?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users